[ORAS] Editing Secret Bases...

Apache Thunder

So...Anyone currently working on this? It would be interesting to see what would happen if folks were able to edit the layouts of their Secret Bases directly using a save editor. Perhaps do some odd things like placing items in locations they can't be or rotating items that can't be rotated. I'm not sure what the limits are, but even perhaps do something even more far out and set a custom location for the secret base and have it be on a island or something. (I'm not talking about the location of the entrance. I'm talking about the actual "room" that the secret base uses. The game has specific rooms for that, but I bet if it's possible folks would do some crazy stuff and have their Secret Base be in a pokecenter or Steven's house. Or maybe even on a mirage spot? :P )

It would also be nice to have the Base PC moved to a custom location as the where ever the game decides to place it might not always be beneficial to the layout of the room it happens to be in. I understand why they won't let us move it though. it would create a situation where you could forever trap yourself in the base. But why not create some kind of system like with diving where pressing B brings you to the entrance or some key item they give you that acts like an escape rope, but for secret bases. They'd also have some means of teleporting you to the PC in the base (accessible only to the base's creator) incase you want to get to your PC, but have accidentally placed

it in a area they can't get to.

The QR Code system might also store the layout as well since how else will the user be able to access the Secret base if the creator isn't online at the time the QR code is scanned? So obviously the QR code system is probably going to use some kind of encryption/obfuscation so that would have to be cracked first. But it may be more fruitful editing it in the save file instead and then generating the QR code ingame. Just let the game handle that. :D

Also, how is the pokemon the secret pals battle with determined? Is it just what they had in their party the last time they used GameSync or is that determined the moment they created their base? Is that also stored in the QR code? So many things to explore with this new game. :D

Edited by Apache Thunder
Spelling correction and clarifications.

Wow the qr codes have already been figured out. I can't code to save my life but I had app idea that I hope someone would create. Even though I have digital copies and can use keysav for more bulk I think a phone app that reads the Pokemon info in lower amounts would be useful for quick checks or as a keybv alternative

It would be as easy as putting the Pokemon in your team and generate a new qr code which wouldn't even need to be saved then hold phone up to 3ds screen and get shown the teams stats.

I have never done keybv for esv but I shine it would be basically the same for temp hatching.

This would save time for not having to take memory cards out of system or finding someone that can battle at the moment.

Also on a separate question about secret bases I had a guy crate a base with a hacked hoops in it. But when I fought it, or was swapped for a poochyena can someone with pkhex check if the swap was before making the code or on my end since I assume Nintendo was smart enough to stop unreleased from showing up in these which caused the swap.

Here is the thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/SuperSecretBases/comments/2n1yu3/secret_base_with_hoopa_or_volcanion/

I would do our but only run Linux and pkhex doesn't work under wine.

• 2 months later...

Well I hope soon we'll be able to edit a Secret Base's structure (I mean the decorations, the position of the Secret Base leader and the Secret Pals, not the PC) with PKHeX through a tab that shows the current decorations of a Secret Base (none if there's no decorations placed), and I hope you can edit the pokemon shown in the Time Travel Award (I mean for other Secret Bases, to like create custom Secret Bases to explore and battle in.

• 1 year later...

Well, this is interesting!

But there are two things that I don't understand.

1. The key should be located after the value 0x18177B91, right? What is meant by "the constant isn’t in the key"?

2. What's the name of the process that stores encrypted/decrypted QR codes?

Well, this is interesting!

But there are two things that I don't understand.

1. The key should be located after the value 0x18177B91, right? What is meant by "the constant isn’t in the key"?

2. What's the name of the process that stores encrypted/decrypted QR codes?

1. The key isn't directly stored (it's created using values), he's just giving a reference to find that subroutine easily. 044AC6D4576EEA180C12AE92E24FA369

2. They're in romfs:/DllSecretBaseQR.cro;

N2nn6crypto10RsaContextE

N2nn6crypto20PublicKeyContextBaseE

N3app2ui15UIInputListenerE

N3app2ui18UITouchBarListenerE

N3gfl4proc11BaseProcessE

N5print11MsgCallbackE

N6netapp4sbqr16SecretBaseQRProcE

N6netapp4sbqr16SecretBaseQRViewE

N9xy_system5event19SystemEventListenerE

1. The key isn't directly stored (it's created using values), he's just giving a reference to find that subroutine easily. 044AC6D4576EEA180C12AE92E24FA369

2. They're in romfs:/DllSecretBaseQR.cro;

N2nn6crypto10RsaContextE

N2nn6crypto20PublicKeyContextBaseE

N3app2ui15UIInputListenerE

N3app2ui18UITouchBarListenerE

N3gfl4proc11BaseProcessE

N5print11MsgCallbackE

N6netapp4sbqr16SecretBaseQRProcE

N6netapp4sbqr16SecretBaseQRViewE

N9xy_system5event19SystemEventListenerE

1. Ok that makes sense. I thought it's directly stored. Thanks.

2. What I actually meant was the RAM process where I could find the QR buffers shinyquagsire is talking about.

Saved bases have been editable in PKHeX for over a year :)

Apparently it isn't showing up in current versions...

Since when? I have a build from github that was I had compiled sometime this month and checked. I can't do much with secret bases. There isn't an option to edit the layout/position of objects placed in a secret base. Unless it does have that feature and I'm just not finding it?

Since when? I have a build from github that was I had compiled sometime this month and checked. I can't do much with secret bases. There isn't an option to edit the layout/position of objects placed in a secret base. Unless it does have that feature and I'm just not finding it?

Object Layout in the Main tab of the Secret Base Editor

This?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13356[/ATTACH]

I suppose technically it can...But it's just a bunch of numbers. I hope at some point it gets a graphical editor. No wonder no one's noticed it...Only programmers who know the object ids even have a chance of using that effectively in it's current form. :P

This?

attachment.php?attachmentid=13356&stc=1

I suppose technically it can...But it's just a bunch of numbers. I hope at some point it gets a graphical editor. No wonder no one's noticed it...Only programmers who know the object ids even have a chance of using that effectively in it's current form. :P

Index: Decoration slot

Decor: What decoration (-1 = none)

Rotation: Direction it faces

X Coordinate: Where horizontally

Y Coordinate: Where vertically

http://pastebin.com/45UABbmW

I deemed it not-worthy of adding text resources / visuals as not many people end up using it. It's not really worth the extra effort to log decoration dimensions and come up with a grid, or come up with base boundaries.

Even QR I/O of bases isn't really worth it imo, can generate them ingame (plus the stored structure isn't the same as the packed QR). If the PID was saved in the QR we could have made up a decoder for shiny value logging, but nah, it only contains a boolean if it is shiny or not in addition to the IVs/EVs.

• 4 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi! any idea how to make sb6 files from a qr code's data? I tried to use a qr reader, then I put the content in a text editor and save it like that, but it doesn't do anything when I try to upload it in my save file. I tried to put it through an hex editor and it doesn't help either