Gen 1 2 3 Pokemon Editor and Converter for Windows + Mac OS X

Metropolis

If you only want gen 1 and have problems you could use pikasav. Or do you mean a 3ds editor?

Also, metropolis, I just thought you could use pikachu's friendship byte to identify a yellow savegame. Of course it can be zero, but it is unlekely to be on a normal yellow savegame unless intentionally decreasing it to 0 somehow.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no it doesnt

Yes, it does, the save file of the VC games and the save file of the emulator is exactly the same. There are people who have exctracted a save from a RBY real cartridge and imported in the 3DS VC.

You just need to extract the save file of the 3DS with JK Save Manager or SDK Save Filer. You will need CFW for that.

no it doesnt

Set up CFW on your 3DS if you haven't already done so, and install JK Save Manager to allow you to import/export the VC save files. Load(File > Import > Battery File) the extracted file through the VBA emulator after loading the corresponding rom. Do the normal in-game save so you can create the .sav, which you can use with this editor. Do the process in reverse(File > Export >Battery File(Change "Save as type" dropdown menu to Flash save)) to convert the edited .sav back to the proper format to inject back into the VC version via JK Save Manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, depending on how they implement it. If it's done by, say random generation of nature and such then actually my method is better as it preserves trading gen 2 -> gen 3 -> gen 2. Nintendo's gen 1 -> gen 6 conversion does not have to respect that so may work out worse.

• 2 months later...

Hello, first this software is wonderful, thanks for making it.

So, I'm having one issue with the program, when I try to import a .pkm file exported by A- SAVE or Pokecrafter it isn't recognized in the PKX, even when I select manually as a Gen 3 Pokémon, some of the data are wrong, so it's just a bug I wanted to report.

Oh! I'm leaning english! Sorry if there are grammar errors! :P

I'm having a Problem with Fire Red. My Shiny Pokemon won't obey me. I see that Shiny is set by PID, but I thought only Trainer ID mattered for obedience. Is there another way to make them Shiny so that they will obey? I'm addicted to Shiny pokemon. I suppose I could just catch them with Ciros Pokemon Maker cheats, but that's a hassle when I want every pokemon Shiny.

There is no solution for your problem, tecnically speaking there is no problem at all because when you change the secret id to make shiny the game will considered the pokemon a traded one and then it wont obey you without the badge. You CANT change the secret id to make shiny and at the same time make the Pokemon obey you, you have to choose one or another.

Another option you have to make the pokemon shiny changing the PID instead, but beware, if you will need to check with another program like Pokegen a correct PID if you want to pokemon to be legal. You can generate a correct PID with the metod used in GBA with Pokegen and then put that value in this program to edit your gen 3 pokemon

• 2 weeks later...
How do I import a Gen I .pkm into Gen II? When I try and open the .pkm in the Gen II save I get "Cannot read file of length=56".

I know I can open 2 save windows and drag the Pokémon over, that works fine, but I was wondering if I could do it through the Open dialog instead.

Also is it correct for migrated Pokémon from Gen I to have "Invalid" as the Held Item? Thanks :)

Gen I Pokemon shouldn't have an Invalid Held Item if the catch rate is legitimate.

I'm working on a change to the Open option, aware that the last version broke Gen 3 PKM opening when trying to introduce Gen 4 to 6 support.

Will keep it Gen 1 to 3, since I haven't implemented Gen 4 to 6 save editing and don't plan to as it's too fiddly in Java and the interface is never going to be as nice as the other editors out there.

Source code for Java gen 1 to 3 library

Source code for this SWT implementation

Hopefully the source code will be of use to anyone looking to develop a better tool or improve existing ones.

If anyone knowing Java fancies sorting out the interface or fixing any bugs, feel free.

The SWT library has been a nightmare to develop on and was a bad choice, should have stuck with Swing.

Right-click then Copy or select copy from the menu on any editing screen.

When you go to paste the text will appear.

Validate does a range of checks such as legal held item, experience so that the level is 100 or less, PP not exceeding maximum. Values that could never appear naturally are considered invalid.