PPSE Translation volunteers needed

Jiggy-Ninja

One great advantage that PPSE will have over Pokesav is that the toolkit being used to develop it has great support for translation and alternate languages.

However, I don't know any languages besides English, and a very small amount of Japanese. So we will need volunteers to do the translation for us.

Here's how it will work.

If you want to work on translating PPSE, just post here with the language you'll translate into and I'll add your name to the list of people doing translation work.

You will need to download and use a special program called "Qt Linguist" in order to do translations. The previous download link is for the full Qt SDK, Qt Linguist is one of the components in that package. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to download just Linguist.

After the next release of PPSE, after I finish researching how to do translation stuff and review the code to make sure it's okay for translation, I will post .ts files that contain all the text that needs to be translated. I'll post a little tutorial for Linguist once that's up, but it's not very difficult to use anyway.

Once you're done with translation, send the file back to me, and I'll work on putting it into PPSE (and giving you appropriate credit on the credits page, not like many people look at that anyway. :) ).

Please keep in mind that this will be an ongoing thing. Each new release will have new things that need to be translated. Fortunately, you won't have to re-translate the whole thing each time.

So, begin the multi-language party! :grog:

Translator List

German: nintenboy

Spanish: SilverFox

Russian: SilverFox

French: matt123337

Edited by Jiggy-Ninja

A friend of mine told me that he was already translating PPSE into German, so I let him do it. He will post it soon here he said. :)

Is he already using Qt Linuguist or the "traditional" method of translating programs. For PPSE when we use Qt Linugist we can make each language version for Mac, Windows, and Linux Versions.

hey

first i say sorry because i post so late.

like shinypalika said, i have already began to translate ppse into german.

first i did it the "traditional way" but with the new source code (*.ts files) and Qt linguist it's a lot easier.

so if it's ok, i will do the translation work for german.

just keep me informed :biggrin:

ive also a suggestion.

i think it's not so useful that it copies the pokemon in the storage-editor when i drag it to another slot...

hey

first i say sorry because i post so late.

like shinypalika said, i have already began to translate ppse into german.

first i did it the "traditional way" but with the new source code (*.ts files) and Qt linguist it's a lot easier.

so if it's ok, i will do the translation work for german.

just keep me informed :biggrin:

ive also a suggestion.

i think it's not so useful that it copies the pokemon in the storage-editor when i drag it to another slot...

Awesome, dude. :kikkoman:

As for your suggestion, that's actually a mistake. I was messing around in that area and ended up commenting out a couple lines, and forgot to uncomment them. Thanks for catching that. What it's supposed to do is swap the places of the target and source.

Here the French translation file: click me

I found also some very small mistakes:

• Credits » 3rd Element: You have always: <span>Username</span><span> : Description</span>, but at Culex's line you have the colon in the first span tag and not in the second span tag, what makes the colon bold.
  • formeEditor » Land: Developer comments: Giratina. But it's Shaymin.
  • formeEditor » Sky: Same here.

That's all. :)

Here the French translation file: click me

Awesome! :kikkoman: I won't put this in the next releasem since it'll be incomplete, but I can use it to learn how translation works.

I found also some very small mistakes:

• Credits » 3rd Element: You have always: <span>Username</span><span> : Description</span>, but at Culex's line you have the colon in the first span tag and not in the second span tag, what makes the colon bold.
How'd you manage to find that small of an error? I blame SCV.
  • formeEditor » Land: Developer comments: Giratina. But it's Shaymin.
  • formeEditor » Sky: Same here.
  • That's all. :)

I blame SCV (even though he had nothing to do with that. :D)

I actually noticed that, I just didn't update the .ts files in the SVN.

I just want to explain the first little "mistake" more precisely, I noticed that I did it badly in my previously post. Scroll slowly to the right, you'll understand what I meant.

[size="2"]<[/size][/size]!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
    [size="2"]<[/size][/size]html>[size="2"]<[/size]head>[size="2"]<[/size]meta name="qrichtext" content="1" />[size="2"]<[/size]style type="text/css">
    p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
    [size="2"]<[/size]/style>[size="2"]<[/size]/head>[size="2"]<[/size]body style=" font-family:'MS Shell Dlg 2'; font-size:8.25pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal;">
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">SCV[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;">[color="Red"]:[/color] Main programmer. Method for distinguishing between DP and Pl saves.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">Jiggy-Ninja[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;">[color="Red"]:[/color] Main programmer. Researched pokedex structure.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">Codemonkey85[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;">[color="Red"]:[/color] Provided many contributions, both small and large, too numerous to list here.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">CuleX[color="Red"]:[/color][size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;"> Helped test the Linux version and wrote ppse.sh. Also assists with debugging.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">Kaarosu[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;">[color="Red"]:[/color] Provided assistance to Jiggy-Ninja for the pokedex research.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">loadingNOW[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;">[color="Red"]:[/color] Provided article on the checksum algorithm for the main areas of the save.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>
    [size="2"]<[/size]p style=" margin-top:0px; margin-bottom:0px; margin-left:0px; margin-right:0px; -qt-block-indent:0; text-indent:0px;">[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt; font-weight:600;">PokeAnalyze[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]span style=" font-family:'Sans Serif'; font-size:10pt;">[color="Red"]:[/color] They were the first to delve into save research.[size="2"]<[/size]/span>[size="2"]<[/size]/p>[size="2"]<[/size]/body>[size="2"]<[/size]/html>

im fluent in spanish and english so if you still need a translation to spanish i will gladly do it:)

can sum1 send me the english .ts files? so i can translate them to spanish:smile:

Edited by codemonkey85
    Cutting down a double post.

First, it's not ready yet for translation. Those other guys only have the translation files because they got them from the SVN when I made a few to figure out how things worked. I didn't give the files to them.

Second, I'll probably bug SCV to do it. He's on IRC a lot, so I can have it done quickly once I'm ready for it.