My Tutorial

Illithian

Smudge sigs almost always look good. Often, its pretty easy to actually get started with making them. This tutorial is a quick compilation of what I do to create signatures.

Heres the tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfkI2P6ajs

Result:

metagrosstutsig.png

Find your own render, there are plenty. Just look around. In any case, I'd like to make a request. Use this specific format for learning. There are many much better formats that you'll learn over time. My format is outdated, but I don't feel like doing a new tutorial. Still, you I hope you find it useful.

Thanks!

Edited by Illithian

Alright Illithian my friend. I'm going to spend the whole day tomorrow working on a new method for my signatures. Well, almost the whole day. It's time for a new method...I wish you luck on developing your new method!

I've seen this before, you told me. But my program doesn't have the liquify tool... And for some reason my internet is really stuffy and can't download so can anyone send me the file, PM me and i'll tell you my e-mail. PM me if you have any program that has the liquify tool thanks. I'll just use the 30 Day Trial version if it's not a free program.

I've seen this before, you told me. But my program doesn't have the liquify tool... And for some reason my internet is really stuffy and can't download so can anyone send me the file, PM me and i'll tell you my e-mail. PM me if you have any program that has the liquify tool thanks. I'll just use the 30 Day Trial version if it's not a free program.

The liquify tool has been common among all photoshop versions. If you are not using photoshop, this tutorial is totally useless to you.

Alright, so while experimenting on a new method...I...er....gave up. I turned to brushes again. And with the knowledge of effects I learned using Illithian's tutorial and a few others, Result:

Before -

DeidaraBrushSig-1.png

After -

DeidaraBrushSigSharpen.png

Edited by Ziz

hey everyone, im sort of new here and im hoping some of u could be sort of like a guide to me... if any of u can that will be great! =)

I'm sorry but most of us aren't interested in tutoring someone in Photoshop starting from absolutely nothing. Play around with brushes and look up other tutorials. (and use mine for that matter)

Photoshop is not so much a difficult program to use as it is complicated; the more you spend time with it the more you'll learn.

I'm sorry but most of us aren't interested in tutoring someone in Photoshop starting from absolutely nothing. Play around with brushes and look up other tutorials. (and use mine for that matter)

Photoshop is not so much a difficult program to use as it is complicated; the more you spend time with it the more you'll learn.

I'm sorry if it came out that way, but what I really meant was I'm new to this forum, and I was hoping I could start off by posting on this specific thread.

P.S.

I'm a big fan of yours, Illithian! I absolutely LOVE your sigs =D

Oh yeah, and I've been trying to make one with some success for a couple of days..... using your tutorial, of course. ;)

Hi,

I got Photoshop (30-Day Trial Version... :(). I made a sig using your tutorial. But something's just not tight, can you tell me what it is, I think it's too bright and because my render was originally white, the smudge doesn't really take effect too much. You're much more experienced than me in PS. So can you teach me how to make improvements to this sig I made, please?

ToffeuyTogekissSignature3.png

Hi,

I got Photoshop (30-Day Trial Version... :(). I made a sig using your tutorial. But something's just not tight, can you tell me what it is, I think it's too bright and because my render was originally white, the smudge doesn't really take effect too much. You're much more experienced than me in PS. So can you teach me how to make improvements to this sig I made, please?

Well, the brighter the render, the harder it is to make a sig out of. I would reccomend starting over and using a much darker render for your first sig. Once you get something you like, you can start playing around more with effects until you get a good outcome for a brighter sig. Still, for the style I did, theres a lot of lighting that goes into it, and you have to realize that the brighter the sig starts out as, the brighter it will end. =\

Does this look better than before or worse?

Before:

After:

ToffeuyTogepiEvolutionSignature2.png

I tried to make it less bright by mainly smudging the yellow parts instead of white (yellows from Togepi). But then it didn't appeal very well so I made a few more edits and liquified and smudged a little of Togekiss' head...

toffeuy i would stick to gimp for the folloing reasons

1.gimp is free and it is like photoshop in many ways

2 the liquify tool is basicly smudge blur and sharpen stuck in to one tool

and i failed to think up anymore:mad: but its up to you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...