ARDS ME (*.DUC) to *.SAV (and back) Converter (Updated to Version 1.2.5!!!)

Matt140

Hey guys, not posted for a while :D.

There may be an update soon, although I really can't think of anymore features that need to be added (plus, evandixon's converter should really be used if you like to have a graphical interface).

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with your converter. When I try to convert my .duc file using the command line version, it flashes the command prompt screen for a split second and nothing happens. Using the GUI version gives me a .sav file of appropriate size but it doesn't load in No$GBA or PokeSav. However, my No$GBA .sav file converts to .duc just fine. I have the ARDSi, if that's important at all. Is there something special I'm supposed to do that I'm unaware of?

• 3 weeks later...

I must be using an older version of your converter that I got from unique geeks.net but when I downloaded the most recent version of it it asks for a Input save file name and I drag the .DUC file to it and no matter what I do After inputting a output save file name I get and error saying Invalid Input file specified. and I don't know what is up here, for me it was so much simpler when it had the browse for the file function. Could someone please point me in the right direction, I would attach the .DUC file but It says that its and invalid file

• 2 weeks later...

I have found this program flawlessly converts my .duc files to .sav so that they load into pokesav with full information available. However when I use it to convert back to .duc the files are un loadable by my ARDSI. It says somthing about wrong size. I find the opposite to be true about Save Type Converter v1.7. So what im doing currently is I use this app to down convert and the other one to upconvert back to .duc. My card is Action replay DSI. I am using the latest ver of pokesav.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm really against double posting on forums, but will someone please show me exactly how to type in the commands in this program.

I'm trying to get my diamond sav onto pokesav so i can save them to generate an AR code to put them all in a different game.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply! Just to check, make sure you have Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 installed (see here).

Basically, double click the exe and when it asks you for a .DUC or .SAV either:

1. Drag and drop the file onto the command prompt window (but remember to remove the quotation marks from around the filename).

2. Type the path to the input file manually (e.g. C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\MySave.duc)

Hit enter and it will then ask you for the output location, basically type in the output file path.

The app should then make a .SAV file (if you input a .DUC) or ask you for a Game Name, Save Name and Save Description before making a .DUC file.

Thank you so much, i swear i jsut felt my heart MELT.

Hi! No problem ;).

BTW, I've just uploaded a new version of the app (1.2.5) which fixes drag and drop functions with .DUC to .SAV, It's recommended you download :D.

• 2 weeks later...