Banner Contest for the New Server

Goldgross

WE NEED AN EPIC BANNER!

Since the Project Pokemon Shoddy Battle server has been down, due to SCV moving to a different location, people have been longing for our precious server to return. But fear not, (actually theres a lotta fear comin towards you >=D) CuleX from our community has set up a new server at this very date!

Theres one HUGE difference between this new server and the REST of the others. Cule has implemented my idea to make major changes to the Tiers. As of now, these pokemon are usable in the Standard OU metagame.

Deoxys-Speed Form, Garchomp, Latios, Manaphy, Shyamin Sky Forme.

With all the incredibly talented, young Artists in our community, we would like to have a contest of making a banner for the new servers Welcome window. The details for the banner or logo are as follows.

1) All the above mentioned pokemon are to stand next to eachother, in very cool looking poses. You know!? Garchomp with arms folded, looking at us or something like that.

They can stand in any order. Please make them look menacing, all of them except Manaphy cause its usually a cutesy pokemon unlike the others which are totally bad a**.

2) Make them all as if they were looking at the person trying to log on. None are to be shiny.

3) The pictures should be the normal anime style ones (not the cutesy cartoonish ones).

4) Give them a nice background of mid noon, maybe evening. THIS IS actually the part where you can get really creative. IT HAS TO LOOK MENACING.

5) The resolution has to be 250x250 or maybe higher.

Those are the things we are expecting. THE BEST BANNER WILL BE CHOSEN FOR THE NEW SERVER.

Sorry for the caps, it was just to point out the very important parts. Hopefully ive made the descriptions very clear. Make us proud.

You want a banner to be a square? That is what I got out of 250x250, or did I miss something xD

It can be a square, but it can be any other resolution. You should stop at 600x640. If you'd like to, it could even be 253x416 pixels. 250x250 is just the minimum size, 500x500 is the recommended maximum size. If you see the need to make it bigger/want to make it bigger, you may do so. If there's need, it can be scaled down to 200x200, not any smaller than that, though.

The perfect resolution would be 421px width and 210px height to fit the welcome window perfectly. But we/you can scale, thus higher size doesn't matter much.

WHAT? You realize you are absolutely MASSACREING the metagame and extending an invitation to all the non-competitive people who want to use their favorite pokemon in Standard.

Garchomp is massively changing on the metagame by himself, outspeeding an incredible amount of pokemon and offering a massive power source.

Latios will replace every Latias with a larger movepool and more special attack. Latias already is close to Ubers.

Shaymin-S is ridiculously powerful, offering immense coverage and incredible stats just about everywhere.

Manaphy is a Jirachi with Tail Glow. Problem here?

Why did this happen? Why was no one else told?

P.S. No offense Naru-chu, but that sig is way too blurry, the colors are way too bright and it just looks weird.

That style is getting so old.

WHAT? You realize you are absolutely MASSACREING the metagame and extending an invitation to all the non-competitive people who want to use their favorite pokemon in Standard.

Garchomp is massively changing on the metagame by himself, outspeeding an incredible amount of pokemon and offering a massive power source.

Latios will replace every Latias with a larger movepool and more special attack. Latias already is close to Ubers.

Shaymin-S is ridiculously powerful, offering immense coverage and incredible stats just about everywhere.

Manaphy is a Jirachi with Tail Glow. Problem here?

Why did this happen? Why was no one else told?

Well Illi, we thought that the Official server was doing pretty well while it was up. All of these pokes were standard except the Lati twins and Manaphy. And to top that, smogon has the suspect ladder.

The mind set of people is like "OU/Standard is the most popular". They go by the names of the Tiers. Hence why, not as many play suspect on Smogon and no one but the admins and mods play suspect on Team Uber. Its all about standard. So we are making standard into a suspect style, only we wont be removing the newly added pokes untill we are sure that they are still Broken.

Scizor anyway counters most of them except Manaphy, and Mana cant switch in on those CB U-turns either. The others also cancel each other out, countering themselves quite well. As for Latios replacing Latias well.....it may or may not happen. Latias is the defensive one of the two. Which means easier to sweep with CMs up. Soul Dew clause is still on.

If the suspect tier can be balanced then our tier will most certainly be too. We anyway have an Old OU tier to play too. All the above are banned there.

The only reason why nobody was told was cuz we put it up on the day of the banner contest announcement. It was my idea to have my own server with the following rules, but then Cule got his own server up and running. We decided that it would be best to combine my idea and his server to get something different and hardcore. It was all too fast and sudden, but it was all i ever wanted.

As for the noobs that will come and play with their fav banned pokemon, is that wrong? i mean, many new people go to every server to play. We are just one more amongst those servers. Let them ladder, the good players will obviously not lose to them so theres nothing to worry about.