[SPOILER]Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculation Thread

wraith89

I have little else to say here, but here is the long awaited Ruby Sapphire remakes coming at last at 21 November. You may post your thoughts and such about this game here. Remember to limit this only to speculations and such. Try to promote discussion and not post one liners. Any post deemed unnecessary will be deleted.

Edited by wraith89
Spoiler Tag

They are bringing back some features in these new games, like the Contest Hall. I hated the Contest Hall in the old games, but, in the new games they have added Cosplay Pikachu. Cosplay Pikachu has five forms, one for each contest stat, and a special move(that it keeps outside of contests) for each form. I also love some of the new Megas like Lopunny and Salamence. But, like X and Y, there are strange ones like Audino and Slowbro.

Not really a fan of the cosplay thing, maybe because its only focused on Pikachu (so far as we know),and Pikachu annoys the hell out of me.

the Contests are interesting. I would love it if they made it like the anime and had you battle the other trainers to show off your moves. I like the idea that you can Mega Evolve during the contest for more appeal, but, will the other trainers be able to do this too? That would make it more engaging and fun.

As for mega pokemon, I love the look of Mega Lopunny and Mega Slowbro. Mega Audino...meh. Sure it will be good against the Dragons, but other things....not too sure.

I'm hoping for a Mega Pidgeot, Mega Arbok, Mega Rapidash, Mega Mightyena or a Mega Flygon.

Outfit changes, I'm hoping make a return, though probably won't. I love the idea of changing the players clothes, helps make the trainer your own.

Mega Camerupt (Maxie) and Mega Sharpedo (Archie), as it's their highest level in Emerald,

and we seen them with mega stones

94940d1402470159-new-mega-evolutions-thread-mod-note-read-first-post-x-archie-maxie-mega-evolution.png

I hope it's not gonna be boring with Mega Mightyena,

as that's what they both had in common.

I'm expecting a team change of up to 4 Pokemon,

as final battle with Lysandre was 4.

I don't care for the costumes on the Cosplay Pikachu. I only care about the moves each of them has. And for the contests, based on the website, I'm assuming that it will just be the same as the old games except for the mega evolution addition.

I don't dislike Mega Slowpoke, it's just that I think it looks funny. But, my favorite is Mega Lopunny, for the looks, Attack, And Speed. For the dragon Megas, Altaria is ok, but I would prefer Salamence.

Why not? :)

EDIT: theSLAYER ninja'd me :/

Seeing how this is a Ruby/Sapphire remake with some hint of Emerald enhancements like they did in HGSS (GS with some Crystal enhancements) and them continually announcing Steven as the champion, most of my hopes of Wallace being champion has been dashed (along with trainer customisation). Luvdisc Wallace was rather lame. I'm still hoping for Wallace as Champion with Steven as secret Champion (who can be rechallenged please) and Juan as the 8th Gym Leader, but I wouldn't be surprised if they continually do things I don't like once more. But then again, this is not my game.

I am quite anxious for Mega Rayquaza... I mean... please. It has to happen. How can two of the three have a mega/primal state and not the Guardian of the Sky?! (Not counting Primal Dialga). I have some slight hope for a Battle Frontier or at LEAST our Battle Tower like in the originals... Please, make it happen GameFreak!