Registering Another Pokémon Game on Global Link

Mr. ZARDE

• 1 year later...
I need help for Registration on Korean PGL ?! Can Someone help me ?!

Do you have a Korean phone number? Without that it doesn't seem to be possible to register.

A few years ago it was possible to create an account without the need of a phone number. Why did they add such a stupid requirement on a site that's used by kids?

FTW! for what i need a number? Do we have Korean Members here?

I don't think anyone would give away his phone number just to let someone else use it to register on some website.

Anyways this is as far as I could get during registration.

NC1CDv6.png

Where the black bar is it is just showing your e-mail you had to enter in an previous step.

- first field is your name

- second field is your user id (or user name)

- third and fourth field is to set up your password

- the drop downs are for your date of birth

- the checkboxes are to set your gender (male above, female below)

- the next fields are for your telephone or mobile phone numbers, you only need to fill in one of them

- last thing is your adress, there is a check if the location exists (I can't remember if this was already a requirement 3/4 years ago)

- the checkboxes at the end are just how you found the website (internet search, from a friend, etc)

But maybe @wraith89 can clarify if the phone number/address is realy needed now or if there's still a way to register without it. After all this is still a website for kids, so... why forcing them to enter that kind of information?

Maybe I just mistranslated something or I didn't found the right way.

I've already looked for a Korean Phone number generator but these also require registration and payment! whats about KSSN?

I highly doubt that those generators are legal to use.

Well, I don't care what other people do but I'd recommend not to use them.

Also I won't help someone doing something illegal.

I think it's better to just wait until wraith89 or someone else from Korea (or someone who can read Korean) can tell us more about the registration process.

As I said, a few years ago I was definetly able to register on the Korean PGL as on each other regions PGL. There's a chance that this is still possible and I just can't remeber how I did manage to do that back then.

Sorry, in Korea everything is linked to the citizen's Social Security Number which every citizens are required to have. It links them with their personal information and such. This was to discourage hacking in MMOs and such because any accounts made in such games would directly be linked to the said perpetrator. We are kind of inclusive like that. So yeah, those kind of stuff you are looking at is illegal. If you are under the age of 19 (Korean age), you cannot register yourself: you need parents to do that. Best chance you'd get in is asking some Korean citizen who will willingly allow you to use his info and such. Sorry, that will not be me. If you live in Korea as a foreigner or something, somebody would generally lend a hand. :|

This website requires address and phone number, and if you go to the next step it will ask you to verify from your phone and such. I have not actually registered in the Global Link at all, so that's really speculation on my part. I'll look into it, but I'm 100% positive that those are required information.

Yeah, I also dislike that. I just registered BattleNet in US/Canada region instead of South Korea because of that and my Starcraft II still works thankfully.

EDIT: I tried it out, it requires either one of cell or home phone number to register. The phone number is a typical Korean number so you cannot really just pick one because it is most likely linked to a person's KSSN.

Honestly, Korean game has little you'd want either. The US/EUR/JPN versions get more support than the Korean games. I think the Korean games are generally myopically set to cater to those living in this sad half of the peninsula. Our 3DS do not even have theme support yet, which makes me sad. They did join a little late in the whole game thing. Just curious why would you want to register for the Korean PGL?

Out of principle, I will not register for the PGL for now. Maybe one day when I feel like getting into the whole scene, but I never felt the need to do so yet. I'm sorry.

Also blackshark, is that for the children under the age of 14 or the general registration option? Either way it will end up the same, I'm sure.

It wasn't my intention to ask you (or someone else) for the Security Number or something like that. I just thought you might know more about it since you are the only Korean I know off who frequently visits this forums.

Anyways thank you very much for your answer! Seems there is no way then.

Maybe I was able to register because I was under the age of 19 back then.

Honestly, Korean game has little you'd want either. The US/EUR/JPN versions get more support than the Korean games. I think the Korean games are generally myopically set to cater to those living in this sad half of the peninsula. Our 3DS do not even have theme support yet, which makes me sad. They did join a little late in the whole game thing. Just curious why would you want to register for the Korean PGL?

I myself don't have any interest in the registration. I was just going to help King Impoleon. I registered years ago to collect the exclusive events and C-Gear skins. With the beginning of the 6th Generation I mostly lost interest in events (and anything else, lol).

Yeah that question was for King Impoleon, seeing he was the one who wanted to register.

Also Korean SSN and the electronic PIN number is for the MMO games. Looking into the Pokemon things, it's just age 14 and up and I do not see anything requiring the SSN, just phone number and address it seems. I'm sure all of that is linked to the SSN anyways so whatever.

Our events are mostly tourney winner Pokemon carbon copies, copies of some Japanese events and some exclusive to serial codes purchased from guidebooks or movie theatre tickets, which isn't accessible to all. I wish they would utilise that Global Distribution thing more! I only have a Torchic, the Vivillon with the green pattern and the universal Serial Code Giratina as actual events.