WC6 Editor (6th Gen Wondercard Viewer) (ORAS support added 12/11/2014)

SciresM

Download links at the bottom of this post.

Please do not submit wondercards edited with this program to the Event Contributions.

UdbkqZz.png

This is a program that allows you to view the details of (and edit) 6th Generation Wondercard (.wc6) files.

If you want to inject a wondercard in to your save, use PKHeX.

Credits:

• Kaphotics, for making PKHeX, without which this program could not exist.

Update History:

12-11-14: Added support for ORAS exclusive stuff.

8-10-14: Fixed "Flawless" mistake as well as added OTGender control.

Downloads:

WC6 Editor.zip

WC6 Editor (ORAS Support).zip

WC6 Editor.zip

WC6 Editor (ORAS Support).zip

Edited by SciresM
  • Like 3

What does Priority for IVs mean? That if there are flawless IVs set, it will go to which ever one has priority?

Good question!

The answer is that that was poorly researched and now it's not.

WC6 editor has just been updated to account for the following:

Only HP IVs can have a value of 0xFE.

If HP IV == 0xFE (what I was calling priority), it means 3 flawless IVs are guaranteed.

Also, the byte that we documented as "Flawless IV count" about four months ago was actually OT Gender. Oops! Thanks to the person who reported that.

Edited by SciresM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Anything created externally is not 'legit', as legit is 'obtained via ingame without cheats'.

If the Wondercard is legal, then you will get legal Pokemon.

Hi Kaphotics. A legal Pokemon is legit, not? If I Check a legal pokemon with pokecheck, It will look legit? Can you also tell me what are the sub regions in the pkhex?

Hi Kaphotics. A legal Pokemon is legit, not? If I Check a legal pokemon with pokecheck, It will look legit? Can you also tell me what are the sub regions in the pkhex?

A legit pokemon is legal, as it originated from the game.

A hacked pokemon can be legal, so long as it stays within boundaries set by the game.

Sub regions are things like States/Provinces for a given country. There have been no dumps of subregion text, so they're left generic.

A legit pokemon is legal, as it originated from the game.

A hacked pokemon can be legal, so long as it stays within boundaries set by the game.

Sub regions are things like States/Provinces for a given country. There have been no dumps of subregion text, so they're left generic.

Thank You Kaphotics. So If I create a pokemon events with pkhex with the same characteristic of a legit event, it will be legit ? Sorry for the questions xD

P.s: another question, all the 5 gen pokemon events have the same sid (00000) ?

Nothing you create using these programs will be legit.

However, if you match the WC exactly (no changes from the original WC) then your pokemon will appear to be legal.

The only thing you can change and still be legal are the IV's of the pokemon, as long as you maintain the original number of minimum 31IV's.

Any moves/abilities that were not part of the original event will make the pokemon illegal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nothing you create using these programs will be legit.

However, if you match the WC exactly (no changes from the original WC) then your pokemon will appear to be legal.

The only thing you can change and still be legal are the IV's of the pokemon, as long as you maintain the original number of minimum 31IV's.

Any moves/abilities that were not part of the original event will make the pokemon illegal.

Yes but there aren't differences between a pokemon Legal and another legit, right?

Have you any plan to make a new WC editor whicy works on ORAS?

I want to make a EON ticket wondercard on ORAS.~

[This is really preliminary (I could have easily made a mistake somewhere and I think I did) but my initial attempt to get an Eon Ticket WC suggest that this may not be possible, I made an item wonder card (Aerodactylite) and hex edited it to Eon Ticket before reimporting it into ORAS using PkHex and the result is that it crashes my card album viewer and when picked up from the PokeCentre it says that I received (stringOfBlanks)! It does add the Eon Ticket to my Key Items list though. I'm doing some testing now to see if it can be streetpassed but since I streetpassed before to verify I could streetpass I'll have to wait a few hours to see if it works.

ETA - Decided to try editing a different card and see how that works. Doing that I've got it to show in my Card Album and be collected properly. Now I just have to wait and see if it street passes properly.

[This is really preliminary (I could have easily made a mistake somewhere and I think I did) but my initial attempt to get an Eon Ticket WC suggest that this may not be possible, I made an item wonder card (Aerodactylite) and hex edited it to Eon Ticket before reimporting it into ORAS using PkHex and the result is that it crashes my card album viewer and when picked up from the PokeCentre it says that I received (stringOfBlanks)! It does add the Eon Ticket to my Key Items list though. I'm doing some testing now to see if it can be streetpassed but since I streetpassed before to verify I could streetpass I'll have to wait a few hours to see if it works.

ETA - Decided to try editing a different card and see how that works. Doing that I've got it to show in my Card Album and be collected properly. Now I just have to wait and see if it street passes properly.

I think it's good trial.

I appreciate all your effort.

Seems to be more too it. I just got the Streetpass and the Eon Ticket wasn't spread, so just a Wonder Card with the E-ticket is clearly not sufficient. I'm not far enough through to verify that the Eon Ticket is non-functional but since it isn't streetpassing it seems like a fairly safe bet.

ETA - Going to try one more streetpass in case the save reflection to Streetpass didn't work properly the first time but I'd say that odds are that there's more to this

ETA2 - I know its going to be available by code in Japan which suggests a Wonder Card as the medium but it might require a Wonder Card with a particular ID or something (like an unusual number of items for the Eon Ticket) (unless they've introduced an additional mechanism). So as far as Wonder Cards go it seems likely that we'll have to wait for the event to happen in order to be able to check. I might try messing around with event flags and seeing if that does anything but given the number of flags it seems like something of a fools errand.

ETA3- Upon checking the official site I see notifications it won't be out until the 26th. I wonder if the Eon Ticket code in the game is locked and requires a patch hmmm.

ETA4 - Realized I skip a step in my thinking. If you check the official site: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-au/story/obtain-the-eon-ticket , you can click on the arrows under the 1st post and see an event thats supposed to follow you getting the Eon Ticket, getting the Eon Ticket via my Wonder Card didn't result in that event happening, so there's definitely more to it. Short of aimlessly trying varying combinations of WC IDs and item quanities it seems all that can be done is to wait to the 26th and hope someone submits a Coro Coro card or that it is patch locked and will be unlocked on the 26th, in which case I'll retry the wonder card then. As an alternative you could dump the ROM and decrypt it and comb through the data looking for aything to do with the Eon Ticket event.

Edited by Elaugaufein

There seems to be an error with saving wondercards using this. If you check a dump of an official wonder card you'll see data at 0x4C-0x4F that's missing from Wonder Cards saved with his program even if it was present on the loaded card (and this data seems important, an imported WC missing this data will crash when the Card Album Viewer is used and be missing the item/pokemon name when you're given an Item/Pokemon by the Delivery Girl

Edited by Elaugaufein