Is it worth buying powersaves now?

ddRay

Hello!

I am thinking in buying a Powersave just to clone, have some items without much effort and not much more...

I searched in some threads here and I know there's a new device that only works in the japanese 3DS and games and is better than Powersaves to do what I want.

Is it early to expect the same device here in Europe and I should buy Powersaves or I really be better waiting?

Hello!

I am thinking in buying a Powersave just to clone, have some items without much effort and not much more...

I searched in some threads here and I know there's a new device that only works in the japanese 3DS and games and is better than Powersaves to do what I want.

Is it early to expect the same device here in Europe and I should buy Powersaves or I really be better waiting?

It is early to expect it. Cyber Gadget is a company that is strongly entrenched in Japan and has not spread outside of it in any major way. As long as Datel doesn't feel heat from them worldwide, there is really no reason for them to provide a different product. Does that mean that Datel will never do it, no. It does mean that there is nothing to cause them to immediately want to change their business strategy, so nobody but Datel can tell you what their long term plans are. I personally do not see them moving away from their current model anytime soon unless Cyber Gadget or some other company begins to encroach on their territories. This is just my opinion.

If all you are mainly wanting to do is cloning and get some items (depending on what they are), just get a Powersaves. It is cheaper and will do the job (it may not get you all the items that you want.) If items are a big thing for you though, then you are looking at getting the Save Editor, a Japanese cart, and a Japanese 3DS which will cost you a considerable amount of money. These are just my opinions (I own a Save Editor and Japanese 3DS by the way), and I still maintain that unless you have the money to burn or you already own a Japanese 3DS and games, it is overkill and a huge waste of money to just buy it for one game.

Even the people who are buying it to use with a used Japanese cart so that they can just hack in Pokemon and place them in Bank (the 3DS is region locked so you can't play the game; however, Bank will recognize the cart and let you deposit hacked Pokemon (with no items of course)) are not using nearly half of what the device and PKHeX can do. In my opinion, that just makes it a huge expense to only use a fraction of a device's power. It would be like driving a Veyron on downtown New York City streets during rush hour only.

These are only my opinions though, and I'm sure some will agree and some will disagree. Hopefully, this will help you weigh out the pros and cons for yourself so that you can form your own opinion.