Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

• 2 weeks later...
does anybody have a solution to this "Crucial Update" message that appears when you click the english version now?

Lol English version us useless now. Since it's too much work to constantly update in order to keep up with the original program

Now everyone use the Japanese version

★負ける気がしねぇ。I Don't Feel Like Losing ★

@thaFranchize2b: Please read previous posts on the current status of how to use CyberGadget. If you have further questions, then we can clarify them.

Though, at this point, this thread is kind of moot... should probably be either locked or renamed to just focus on CyberGadget 3DS support, rather than relating to the now-abandoned translation effort (Thank you so much for all the work that went into that! It really helped a lot of us!).

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cyber Save Editor for 3DS will work with any Japanese Region 3DS game (Previously, I said "almost", because at the time Sun/Moon were not supported).

If you want to edit your Gen VI/VII save file, you will need the Cyber Save Editor for 3DS and the program PKHeX.

The instructions to do so... are already posted. Seriously, this question itself is redundant to this thread.
In short:
Basically, just use the proper Japanese program (Cyber Save Editor; NO translations), load your game in Advanced Edit, edit any 0 to be a 0, then click Cache(キャッシュ) to save the current file; from PKHeX, load that cached file (named "main"), edit as desired, save the edited file over the cached file, then click Read(読み込む) in Cyber Editor to load the edited game to the Advanced mode. Then just finish the process.

Note: Edited for accuracy (Sun/Moon now supported. Have been for a while now, but just came by and remembered)

Edited by jariesuicune
Sun/Moon now supported
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have a copy of the current firmware for the Cyber Gadget and a way to install it manually? Something went wrong updating it and all I get when I try is "an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)" and then the whole thing freezes up. 

EDIT: wwhhhhaaaaaaaaaat the fuck i did nothing different the fifteenth time in a row but then it worked anyway????????????? Alright then

Though if anyone has a way to get a copy of the firmware it might not be a bad idea since it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. 

Edited by WonderSquid

• 2 years later...

Way to revive an old topic, but in short, yes, provided it is compatible and set up correctly. Otherwise you'll just get a "corrupt save file" error message when accessing it. It's just save data after all.

In the long run, it's probably best to just stick to editing your own save and bulk-importing the Pokemon you are wanting that way. Pkhex has made that pretty easy.

Edited by jariesuicune
Update

• 1 month later...

Hello, I got something wrong with this program.

When I followed the instructions to use PokeHex, the program always shows following error messages:1805250141_Annotation2020-03-29110245.thumb.png.2086b47d5def5a01d59070da3f0ed191.png

image.thumb.png.dc95d686a275c2c100bdb19b41f27951.png

Here are the part of the detailed message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at DSSaveEditor.AdvancedEdit2.FillCheats()
   at DSSaveEditor.AdvancedEdit2.cbSaveFiles_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at DSSaveEditor.AdvancedEdit2..ctor(GameItem game, Dictionary`2 data, DSCommunicator device)
   at DSSaveEditor.MainForm.advancedToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can anyone help?

I have already tried administrator mode and compatibility mode from xp to win 8.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 5:08 AM, SWN-002 said:

Hello, I got something wrong with this program.

When I followed the instructions to use PokeHex, the program always shows following error messages:1805250141_Annotation2020-03-29110245.thumb.png.2086b47d5def5a01d59070da3f0ed191.png

image.thumb.png.dc95d686a275c2c100bdb19b41f27951.png

Here are the part of the detailed message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at DSSaveEditor.AdvancedEdit2.FillCheats()
   at DSSaveEditor.AdvancedEdit2.cbSaveFiles_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at DSSaveEditor.AdvancedEdit2..ctor(GameItem game, Dictionary`2 data, DSCommunicator device)
   at DSSaveEditor.MainForm.advancedToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can anyone help?

I have already tried administrator mode and compatibility mode from xp to win 8.

I also have this problem...ask for helping too.

7 minutes ago, Lights777 said:

I also have this problem...ask for helping too.

https://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/200401/afr2004010018-n1.html

I think this is the reason. Cyber Gadget was closed by Japanese government, due to they against the new law of hack games.

3DS save editor acquires the decrypt key from their server. And the server was closed with the company.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

maybe if someone hosts their own server, then writes a patch to the program to connect to their server.

But it is rather unnecessary in my view; every 3DS in existence can be hacked. Thus, it is not difficult for users to install CFW on their device and extract saves without using an external tool.