Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

I heard if i get an updated 3ds, or update an old 3ds it doesnt accept pkhex files.

So if i make pokemon using pkhex and inject then using cyber gadget even if my 3ds is updated and newer version, it will still b able to let me use the pkhex pokemon in my game n let me trade them, provided they were legal?

So long as you're using a Japanese 3DS and a Japanese game, the feature works perfectly fine.

Whether or not they pass as legal depends on the edits that you make to them.

I think the newest 3DS prevents you from going online unless you install it, so you're going to have to update anyway.

I can confirm that it still works with an updated 3DS.

I just received the cybergadet 2 I ordered. Is this modified version the only thing I need or do I need to do anything else? I mainly just want to be able to backup my games. Any other tips/hints also appreciated.

Actually i am having a bit of trouble installing it. Could some one give me a hand?

Edited by astrogrrl

So long as you're using a Japanese 3DS and a Japanese game, the feature works perfectly fine.

Whether or not they pass as legal depends on the edits that you make to them.

I think the newest 3DS prevents you from going online unless you install it, so you're going to have to update anyway.

I can confirm that it still works with an updated 3DS.

Ok.. how about this..

Ill get a pokebank for my english 3ds.

I open my game save of my japanese 3ds and jap game via cybergadget and pkhex. I make whatever adjustments i want to(legit adjustments)..save it via pkhex and inject it into the game via cybergadget. I now inject the jap game into my english 3ds and open it via pokebank.. it should open up because pokebank isnt region locked. Now i put in the english game into my english 3ds, withdraw the pokemon frm the bank n voila..

It should work right? M making sure n asking questions cuz ill have to buy alll these things, n i really dont want to unless cybergadget works the way it did. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so i think I have finally got it working.

Could someone tell me if it is possible to load the save from my Japanese omega Ruby cart onto another cart? I would like to load my main game onto a new cart so I can fiddle around with that without risking my main save with hours of play and hundreds of poke on it. Also would there be anyway to load the save from a downloaded version to a retail cart?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I just bought the saveeditor2 and was trying to do something with oras. The problem is even I downloaded the modified save editor and paste it to the original editor file, it keeps asking me to update, and if i dont, I cannot even run the program. Once I choose to update, the editor's default language automatically changes to Japanese. And the most crucial thing is the operation paused window never pops out, even I opened pkhex and make some change to the main file, the data in my 3ds card never changes to the one I just edit by pkhex. I'm wondering if any of you guys have met this problem? Any solution to this?

This has been covered already. You can not make use of the Mod Editor at all unless the program is already fully up-to-date in the original Japanese version. Reset the files and the program to just the original Japanese program, get it fully up to date, then add the matching version of the Mod Editor and run that. Any time an update comes out, the Mod Editor becomes useless and you have to wait for an updated version of that, as well as updating the core Japanese program.

So I updated it and still error as you can see in the picture

Do I have to delete the moded version and install again to match the updated version

I update 3 times still error

*I just update again and STILL SHOWING UPDATE IS AVAILABLE FOR THE 4TH TIME

★負ける気がしねぇ。I Don't Feel Like Losing ★

Can some look in to this please I did update many times

So uninstall and installed again

Asking update so I updated and still it shows I have a update and error connecting to the server.

Moded version showing the update again and again though Japanese program is up to date

Ah, ok, found the problem. Cyber Editor had an update as of March 31, 2016, thus rendering the present version of Mod Editor useless. Until a new update for the Mod Editor comes out, you can't make use of this.

Slightly surprised that you didn't notice this yourself, keni_lee. It mentioned the update in the changelog that always comes up when you load Cyber Editor, which includes both game code changes and system updates.

Just remember that if you have already been using Cyber Editor and it suddenly calls for an update, you will also have to wait for the Mod Editor to get an update as well, so want to pass on that as a notice to the developer(s) of the mod program.

@SciresM: Hoping you notice that the update occurred!

Ah, ok, found the problem. Cyber Editor had an update as of March 31, 2016, thus rendering the present version of Mod Editor useless. Until a new update for the Mod Editor comes out, you can't make use of this.

Slightly surprised that you didn't notice this yourself, keni_lee. It mentioned the update in the changelog that always comes up when you load Cyber Editor, which includes both game code changes and system updates.

Just remember that if you have already been using Cyber Editor and it suddenly calls for an update, you will also have to wait for the Mod Editor to get an update as well, so want to pass on that as a notice to the developer(s) of the mod program.

@SciresM: Hoping you notice that the update occurred!

Thanks. Please inform us when the changers are done.

I was freaking out because I update again and again though it shows a update(mod editor) so I thought something is missing from my pc lol

Try this.

It may pop up the "Operation Paused" at "incorrect" times, but it's just pausing program execution for what it's doing.

Just dismiss it until you're doing the same thing as the Apply->Modify.

(I basically just rewrote the Util.GetTempFolder method to pause whenever it is called, instead of injecting a method and inserting instructions to call that method correctly).