Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

You know, everybody should be patient. I know that everybody wants everything right now, but these things take time. Also, these guys that make tools like this have lives that exist outside of this forum and game. Maybe the reason why things haven't been going so fast is that other things that absolutely matter are taking up his time. It's not like the whole thing is broken anyway. It's not like you cannot generate things right now with the device. It is just that it takes longer to do it. That's the way we had to do it before this tool. Generate the code and play on the hex editing side of thing until the updated program launches. Everybody will just have to be patient. From translating to programming, these things take time. Give him some breathing room, and it will happen eventually.

One thing is for certain, everybody should be thankful that we had the tool at all and should quit beating up on him because he hasn't posted an update.

As to that TubeHax post earlier, if what they were saying was they had asked about this and been told to just use TubeHax instead... then that's really not a bad method to go with, especially for people that don't have a Japanese system+game and so can't Cyber themselves (a likely majority of the users on this site?). I've tested and can at least personally confirm it works on both 3DS versions of at least Japanese/Europe/USA regions using the latest update (10.0.0).

If you find it too inconvenient to use that method (ie: you'd complain about not being able to cheat faster), then you may consider learning how to play the game normally and just do that.

If an update for this comes, just stay subscribed and you'll know when it happens. If not, pick your poison already and don't waste posts where they won't help.

For certain reasons i just prefer this method to tube hax.

If it's not coming then it's not coming i guess, but if there's a glimse of hope then i'll still gonna check this everyday.

:/ I am not special, i know that. just explaining myself.

No, it does make sense; this method is fairly faster by being just "put in cartridge, load save, make changes and save, remove game, play game". (Using TubeHax requires the extra steps of actively extracting the save, then getting it to your PC either by loading the SD card (Old3DS) or using the Network Transfer in System Settings (New3DS), then actively inserting it back in.)

However, if I recall correct from before the Mod Cyber Editor was made, you could manually do the same thing, just being more careful with when you moved the files (Load the save when it first copies to the PC during the hex edit screen, edit that, then just before it would load back to the server I'd replace with the edited file from PKHeX.) Not necessarily easy to do, but shouldn't be impossible, as that's what the mod does just without the free pause time.

I haven't tried that in a very long time as I've had no reason to edit anything in over a year, having already done everything I'd want long ago.

I do find it hard to imagine why one would have a need to use it multiple times in a short period. Just make the Pokemon files you want over time as you go, then load them all up in one batch run once a month or so.

You can even just keep a copy of the game's save you use for storing Pokemon and update that as you go then merely load that over the present save file to save time. (I do that with my secondary game)

Either way, like I said before, you'd best just use that "Subscribe to this thread" button at the top of this page (under "Thread Tools") and set it to send you an email notification as soon as a post is put here. That way when the next update comes, you'll know instantly.

What I want still... is a Bravely Default/Second editors. (I want those DLC items!)

• 1 month later...

Preface: I haven't tried to use the CyberSave editor in a long time. Maybe 8 months. To my return, it said there was a critical update (which was all in Japanese after that popup message). After successfully installing, when I try to launch the new icon (as administrator) I just get this error. (see image) http://i.imgur.com/Tmz0nQE.png?1 I'm guessing it is a USB error, but my dongle is detected and connected and even hsa a green light. What is the current method to PokeGen at the moment? I still have the Cybergadget dongle, and even a Japanese Y cartridge.

Preface: I haven't tried to use the CyberSave editor in a long time. Maybe 8 months. To my return, it said there was a critical update (which was all in Japanese after that popup message). After successfully installing, when I try to launch the new icon (as administrator) I just get this error. (see image) http://i.imgur.com/Tmz0nQE.png?1 I'm guessing it is a USB error, but my dongle is detected and connected and even hsa a green light. What is the current method to PokeGen at the moment? I still have the Cybergadget dongle, and even a Japanese Y cartridge.

The modified version of the CyberGadget save editor no longer work, the dongle still work with the official software, just that the function of decrypting the save, pausing it to edit stuff, and re-encrypt no longer work. You could always use the tubehax/ironhax method to export the save and run it on Pkhex.

As it is, Cyber Editor is not an easy way to do this, until an updated version is released.

An update on homebrew methods: TubeHax is dead (Unlikely to return). Browserhax may be the next one to stay working, but then, who knows.

I have to say, I do hope for an update to this Mod Cyber Editor myself...

Well, I'm sure most of you thought I'd never do it, but I did it. Modified version of CGSE's updated.

Capture.JPG

There seem to be a problem, the updated version gave me an internal error occurred screen where the program doenst detect the dongle. Problem seem to be the modified version, the un mod one work fine.

Capture.JPG.6131bb627dd67746cf0fa28da1ec

Does your English version work with other games besides Pokemon, or it just meant for Pokemon? I just ordered Cyber Gadget, and it would be nice being able to apply cheats to other games without having to use a translation tool to figure out what I'm doing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12679[/ATTACH]

There seem to be a problem, the updated version gave me an internal error occurred screen where the program doenst detect the dongle. Problem seem to be the modified version, the un mod one work fine.

I'll look into it. What's up with your UI, by the way? The text shouldn't be cut off...here's how it looks on my end:

hd9J4.jpg

I'll look into it. What's up with your UI, by the way? The text shouldn't be cut off...here's how it looks on my end:

hd9J4.jpg

I think the UI being cutoff has to do with the text size setting under control panel -> Display, I had mine on 125% instead of 100% maybe that why the text is partially cut off. No big deal.

1.JPG

1.JPG.b5a433b8d1c4bc58124a9d954aade0e5.J

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering, does this still work with the japanese new nintendo 3ds? I am considering buying one for the bigger screen. :P

You just need the Cyber Saves Editor and a Japanese copy of the game. If you can't run homebrew or RegionThree then you'll need to have a Japanese 3DS to play the game (since it's Japanese).

Guys i really need your help on this.

I had 2 3ds' n both of them were broken. One was jap and the other was eng.

I had two games..one was jap n the other was eng.

I used to use pkhex and create pokemon and then used to inject them using cyber gadget.

I have heard that we cannot do that any more and i have heard u still can. I want to buy and start creating again.. and all i want to know is does the same method still work?

I stopped last year in dec..

Please help

Ps: i had pokebank so i was able to transfer pokes from jap to eng and viceversa.

Guys i really need your help on this.

I had 2 3ds' n both of them were broken. One was jap and the other was eng.

I had two games..one was jap n the other was eng.

I used to use pkhex and create pokemon and then used to inject them using cyber gadget.

I have heard that we cannot do that any more and i have heard u still can. I want to buy and start creating again.. and all i want to know is does the same method still work?

I stopped last year in dec..

Please help

Ps: i had pokebank so i was able to transfer pokes from jap to eng and viceversa.

Save Editor still works just fine.

Save Editor still works just fine.

I heard if i get an updated 3ds, or update an old 3ds it doesnt accept pkhex files.

So if i make pokemon using pkhex and inject then using cyber gadget even if my 3ds is updated and newer version, it will still b able to let me use the pkhex pokemon in my game n let me trade them, provided they were legal?