Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

I have the same problem but it keeps doing the same thing for 4 days in a row.

I contacted tech support and they told me this:

Original response in Japanese for those who understand Japanese:

They're selectively blocking international traffic; you're advised to use a proxy to appear that you are in Japan to spoof that your traffic is from their desired audience.

They're selectively blocking international traffic; you're advised to use a proxy to appear that you are in Japan to spoof that your traffic is from their desired audience.

Yes, but even using a Japanese VPN doesn't work. I've tried.

Maybe they ban the CRC Header. Hope this is not the case.

Edit: I can't use my Pokemon Y and Pokemon OR. Looks like i have to sell and move forward with the 9.0 3ds i have.

Quick question, I know Gateway users can edit their save files, but my question is, is there any way to use Pokebank with a Gateway?

It would probably work like any other cartridge. I've launched the Pokébank successfully, but haven't moved around any Pokémon since I haven't renewed my Pokébank subscription.

If you have trouble, you can try converting it to a cia and installing it.

I have the SaveEditor Plugged in with my Japanese Cartridge of ORAS in it. For some reason when I click the icon to open the application, nothing happens at all. This is the first time that this has happened to me, and I don't understand why it is happening. Some advice please?

EDIT: The error resolved itself when I restarted my computer for the 3rd time...

EDIT 2: Now it is saying that there is an error downloading the decrypted save.... Advice?

It would probably work like any other cartridge. I've launched the Pokébank successfully, but haven't moved around any Pokémon since I haven't renewed my Pokébank subscription.

If you have trouble, you can try converting it to a cia and installing it.

Thanks for your reply. I tried to do this tonight, while on my Gateway 3DS, but when I go to download Pokemon Bank from the Eshop, it gives me an error code "011-3021" stating that the software isn't available at this time.

Anyway to fix this? Perhaps installing a CIA of Pokemon bank?

Does anyone know of a way around the "Error while downloading the decrypted save."? I've been having this issue for a couple days now.
I have the SaveEditor Plugged in with my Japanese Cartridge of ORAS in it. For some reason when I click the icon to open the application, nothing happens at all. This is the first time that this has happened to me, and I don't understand why it is happening. Some advice please?

EDIT: The error resolved itself when I restarted my computer for the 3rd time...

EDIT 2: Now it is saying that there is an error downloading the decrypted save.... Advice?

It appears as though they're now cracking down on international traffic, i.e limiting use of their servers outside of Japan. It was bound to happen eventually.

I managed to get my one working yesterday after about 2 hours of trying. It decrypted the save ok, but it wouldn't write it. After a while it started writing it, but I guess it's just luck at this point.

Using a vpn doesn't appear to make any difference. I suggest you keep trying and if you're successful in decrypting your save, make as many changes as you can before you're unable to make any more.

It appears as though they're now cracking down on international traffic, i.e limiting use of their servers outside of Japan. It was bound to happen eventually.

I managed to get my one working yesterday after about 2 hours of trying. It decrypted the save ok, but it wouldn't write it. After a while it started writing it, but I guess it's just luck at this point.

Using a vpn doesn't appear to make any difference. I suggest you keep trying and if you're successful in decrypting your save, make as many changes as you can before you're unable to make any more.

What were your steps before it started working? Maybe it worked while you were on a different VPN?

What were your steps before it started working? Maybe it worked while you were on a different VPN?

After I was done editing, I just left it. I didn't touch the program for about 30 minutes. After which time I saved my edits and wrote my new main over the existing main. Then I immediately pressed okay the cyber gadget menu and it started to re-write my save.

I found that as long as you don't close PkHex, you can keep writing your save over and eventually it should work. It just takes a bit of luck. I got it working again yesterday evening and again this morning.

I wasn't using a VPN, just my normal net.

I'm sorry, but do we actually know that they are trying to block foreign users?

The basic countermeasure of simply blocking access from foreign IP's should be near 100% effective against users who make no effort to conceal their location, and yet myself and others continue to be able to make use of the service from abroad without resorting to proxies.

While I don't speak or read Japanese, the google translation of the reply seemed like a basic canned CYA response from their tech support.

This is how I interpreted the message:

We're sorry that you are experiencing technical difficulties.

The product needs to connect to our servers to operate. Perhaps your network security is blocking access to foreign IPs? Utilizing a proxy might resolve your issue and allow you to connect to our servers.

We want to make it clear that we only market to Japan and have only tested the product within Japan and on Japanese versions of operating systems. We make no guarantee that it will work on other systems or outside the country. We can't offer any additional support to you. Please understand.

Good bye

That's my take on it at least. While I realize that important meaning can easily be lost in google translations and that you all may have additional information that supports the case that they are attempting to block foreign users, my current opinion is that they're not trying to block us out. However they also won't expend any resources to help troubleshoot our problems or provide a smooth user experience to foreigners.

I don't think the service outages that many of us have experienced have been deliberate attempts to block our access. I suspect that they're benign technical issues caused by problems on their end or somewhere along the network between them and us.

It also doesn't seem to me that CGSE is blocking anything of me. I just testwise read and wrote my savegame over the last 3 days multiple times hence and forth. No issues whatsoever.

If VPNs don't help, maybe they detect the operating system language? My system is set to Japanese locale (while being a German copy of Windows 8.1) simply because I often play JRPG indie games.

Hm... I have to be curious of this myself. When I have tried using it lately, I can get into the program just fine, which requires accessing the server for updates and such, so I find it hard to believe that it's an international server block going on.

For me, the problem isn't until it tries to check the data for the game, at which point it then gives the message about not accessing the server.

Mine keeps saying this:Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Any idea whats going on? Surely they can't be blocking no JP players?

... That's got nothing to do with any form of "blocking" (It's not even touching the 'net at that point), but you're not recognizing a fairly common error message meaning essentially "Something botched up here. I'll try to run it, otherwise, it's not going to work until it's fixed." Which could be anything from a failure in the program (something installed wrong) to a bad setting (from any number of causes).

The easiest fix is usually to just uninstall and reinstall the program to ensure everything is at default. Be sure to update correctly (full Japanese updated version before switching to the Modified program).

Mine keeps saying this:Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Any idea whats going on? Surely they can't be blocking no JP players?

It is suggested to do a clean reinstall, remove the program, registry and backup data if you know how to do that. No problem on my end.

• 5 weeks later...

Until (if) a new modified editor is made, then only the original Japanese program will work. Either way, you have to update the original Japanese program for even an updated modified one to be usable in the first place.

You haven't been having trouble's using the program, as numerous people seem to (including myself, sadly, still getting the server error when it tries to receive the edited file).

Until (if) a new modified editor is made, then only the original Japanese program will work. Either way, you have to update the original Japanese program for even an updated modified one to be usable in the first place.

You haven't been having trouble's using the program, as numerous people seem to (including myself, sadly, still getting the server error when it tries to receive the edited file).

When is the new modified editor made, I can't wait. Dose long time age happen THIS to you guys?