Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

That is rather odd... most likely then, in your case at least, you may have had an update or PC filter (or potentially a virus/other) that altered/removed a setting or file(s).

You have completely uninstalled Cyber Editor, then gone through the full install steps, and have the drivers for the USB adapter installed, and get that error when you start up?

If that is the case, you may want to include some of your PC information, at least your Operating System.

The drivers are supplied separately, not in that program, but on the CD. The program and the drivers are two totally separate things, though it would have made more sense to have them install together. So, no, they weren't wrong, as they specifically were referring to the program. It would have helped to also link to the drivers though (which as far as I know aren't on Cyber's site)

Hm... maybe someone has linked to an upload of the drivers on this thread... you may want to check. If you can't find them, then let us know.

Oh, one other thing, just 'cause: you do have a Japanese 3DS and Japanese X/Y/OR/AS game, right? This absolutely will not work with any games except Japanese.

I've contacted several sellers of the Cyber Gadget Save Editor 2, and they've all confirmed that a disc isn't included. One told me that the disc was discarded in the second version/generation, and that the drivers can be downloaded from the same link you download the saveEditor2 program. Yesterday, when I thought both program and drivers were downloaded from that link, I didn't take notice of the two folders called "DFUDriver" and "VCPDriver" in the CYBER Gadget / 3DS SaveEditor folder, which I showed you a picture of, so after you said they were installed separately, I became aware of these folders when I today went into the CYBER Gadget / 3DS SaveEditor folder again. So, I don't understand why you ask about the drivers, unless those aren't all or the right drivers... I also read this entire thread, and there's no link to drivers, but three-four people have experienced the same error message or similar to my error message, as showed in the picture above in one of my latest posts, so I'm waiting for them to reply. My last hope, I think, is to buy the original CGSE with the damn disc, though I rather not spend the money it.

I didn't buy a Japanese 3DS, I bought a used Japanese Omega Ruby game with the Pokédex, so I plan to use the bank to move Pokémon from the Japanese game to my European and American games and consoles.

I see... well, first off, apparently yes, one of those is the drivers you are looking for. Just use Device Manager with the USB adapter attached and have it search the 3DSSaveEditor folder for the required drivers and it will install them (it will correctly identify them).

However, if you aren't importing the console and other Japanese games, I'm afraid you've basically wasted your money. Please check the following Project, which makes Pokemon save editing with PKHeX possible for everyone (except the pirates, hilariously):

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44618-RAM2Sav-Save-File-Dumping-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS

I see... well, first off, apparently yes, one of those is the drivers you are looking for. Just use Device Manager with the USB adapter attached and have it search the 3DSSaveEditor folder for the required drivers and it will install them (it will correctly identify them).

However, if you aren't importing the console and other Japanese games, I'm afraid you've basically wasted your money. Please check the following Project, which makes Pokemon save editing with PKHeX possible for everyone (except the pirates, hilariously):

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44618-RAM2Sav-Save-File-Dumping-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS

Well, when I looked for the USB device in Device Manager, it wasn't there, so I disconnected and connected it again, which made Windows automatically search for and install a driver. Then the device appeared in Device Manager, and it said the best driver was already installed when I tried to update the driver. For the first time, the dongle glowed green, it actually rather flashed. So, I opened saveEditor2, where a message appeared, I unfortunately didn't take a screenshot, but I think it's the same one that appears if the dongle isn't connected when you open the program. So I disconnected and connected it again, and now it doesn't appear in Device Manager anymore, and neither on my toolbar. But when I open saveEditor2, the news/updates window appears, and when I click Ok, it downloads game lists, but then the same error message appears again right after.

What do you mean by wasting money?

Edited by Tacanacy

That's odd... Windows does not have the driver, nor knows where to find it, so should have failed to install it...

I mean is there is a Project here that basically allows what Cyber does, but for all Regions:

There are several, ranging from just inserting a single Pokemon to box 1 slot 1, to the full PC, to that one, which gives you access to the full save.

I really think the solution to our Root Element is missing error is within this Japanese text

シンプルモードを選択すると、次のようなエラーが表示されて実行できません。「アプリケーションのコンポーネントでハンドルされてない例外が発生しました。インデックスが範囲を超えてます。負でない値で、コレクションのサイズよりパラメータ名index Just-In-Time (JIT) デバッグを呼び出すための詳細については、ダイアログ ボックスではなく、このメッセージの最後を参照してください。」

対象:CYBER セーブエディター(3DS用)|CYBER セーブエディター2(3DS用)

お客様の症状に関しまして、登録保存されているコードデータに破損等何らかの問題が発生している可能性がございます。

お手数をおかけいたしますが、一度以下の手順にて「usercheats.xml」ファイルを保存先から別フォルダへ移動または該当ファイルを削除し、セーブエディター再起動後にコード選択画面を表示できるかお試しください。

セーブエディターを起動し、設定項目の「保存先フォルダを開く」を選択し「3DSSaves_Backup」という名称のフォルダを開きます。

※Windows7の場合、初期設定でC:\Users\(ユーザー名)\Documents\3DSSaves_Backupに該当のバックアップフォルダが作成されております。

(XPをお使いの場合はデフォルトでMyドキュメント内に該当名のフォルダが作成されます)

フォルダ内に「usercheats.xml」という名称のファイルがありましたら、別のフォルダへ該当ファイルを移動または削除し、Backupフォルダ内に該当名のファイルが入っていない状態にします。

※「usercheats.xml」ファイルはコードデータのファイルです、これまでに手動で登録を行ったコードについては移動等を行った後に再度登録を行う必要がございます、恐れ入りますがあらかじめご了承ください。

手順2を行ったらセーブエディターを終了し、再度立ち上げなおしてからセーブエディターの起動およびコード選択画面の表示をお試しください。

You might try providing helpful information. For starters: Your Operating System. Saying you can't get it to work just doesn't help anyone help you beyond saying "try installing again".

In what regards do you mean? You can't run the program whatsoever, it crashes at some point (if so, where), it won't detect the USB Dongle, etc.

I'm using windows 8.1 for the OS.

I can insert a game into the dongle and my computer detects it. I go to my start menu and run the 3DSSaveEditor_en app as an administrator and it pops open the update screen. I just hit ok and it detects the game and does the downloading screen with the green bar. It will load successfully, but before it opens the next screen I see this error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12128[/ATTACH]

I can hit continue and it will go to that main page, but my game won't appear in the game list window. If I eject the dongle and plug it back in I get another error about that root element. If I hit continue the game will appear in the game list window. I've tried running the advanced mode and it does the screens where it reads the game cartridge, but then I get another error and can't go any further:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12129[/ATTACH]

I hit continue and then I close it out since I'm not really sure what else I can do.

Your posted attachments are dead links.

At the time you are having problems, are you using the Modified Editor? And if so, did you first update the program fully in the original Japanese before doing so? If you are trying to update in the Modified Editor, that can not be done, it has to be the original (and features will fail if it's not up-to-date).

Yea, I'm still having the same issue. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on this issue and this forum. How do I put an image in a post?

The Japanese editor is up to date, and I'm using the most recent English version from this thread. I followed the instructions in the first post where I downloaded the zip file, extracted it, and pasted the executable and dll files into the same folder that holds all the files from the Japanese install.

I appreciate the help on this. Let me know how to properly put an image in my post and I'll try putting my error messages in here so you can actually see what I'm seeing.

Thanks

That works for images. ^_^

Hm... that does seem to be at least similar if not the same problem as the others...

As I don't run Win8, I can't test it myself... but that may be the issue, if it's either somehow installing wrong or incomplete. Or it may not be. Maybe it's one of those annoying newer-Windows issues...

Are you the Admin User for the computer, and running everything involved here as an Admin, including the install process?

That's odd... Windows does not have the driver, nor knows where to find it, so should have failed to install it...

I mean is there is a Project here that basically allows what Cyber does, but for all Regions:

There are several, ranging from just inserting a single Pokemon to box 1 slot 1, to the full PC, to that one, which gives you access to the full save.

How are you so certain the driver isn't installed?

That works for images. ^_^

Hm... that does seem to be at least similar if not the same problem as the others...

As I don't run Win8, I can't test it myself... but that may be the issue, if it's either somehow installing wrong or incomplete. Or it may not be. Maybe it's one of those annoying newer-Windows issues...

Are you the Admin User for the computer, and running everything involved here as an Admin, including the install process?

I am an admin on my computer. What's weird about this whole thing is that I've had this working since I installed the software back in September of last year, but in the past two weeks it started doing this and just stopped working. I didn't make any changes other than applying updates from the zip file from this thread and since November (the last update) it's been working fine. I wish I had more info to give you, but that's really it. Like you said, this might be an issue with newer versions of windows. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of windows 7 to test with to see if it truly is the OS causing the issue.

@Tacanacy: I'm not. I just know that as the driver isn't one officially recognized by Windows, it doesn't know where to obtain it without aid. If it installed, great, and it should work fine. If not, then obviously it won't work fine, if at all.

For both of you... I'm afraid I can't really help much further. The only thing I can suggest is the one you appear to have already done: Completely remove the program and reinstall it from the beginning.

Hm, there may be one other thing I'd recommend, if only for being sure of one thing. Do the full reinstall of the program, but do NOT apply the Mod version. Just test the actual original Japanese program fully up to date. If that works (including a simple code test, such as setting an item to x999), then there may be something we can work with. As it is, those errors aren't really giving much more info than "something is wrong" or "something seems to be missing", and I just can't do much with just that via text online.

... really? Just look at their list of supported games. Cyber answers this quite obviously. If you can't read/translate enough Japanese... then don't waste your money on this in the first place. If you can, then you will easily find it on their web site.

There is also a web-based exploit that allows you to edit your save with any region X/Y/OR/AS game, several Projects here are about that.

Requires: non-"New3DS", SD card+reader, PKHeX

Note: Doesn't work on modded systems, firmware needs to be up to date for best reliability.

May not work in certain countries, supposedly, due to international internet-block.

Does anyone know if Pokemon ORAS (Japanese version) Are compatible with Cyber Gadget Save Editor 2?

Thanks!

Yes they are compatible. Cyber Gadget only works with Japanese games anyway. It's not released internationally.

Remember, the game has to be a physical copy. You can't use the program to edit the save of a digital version.

@Tacanacy: I'm not. I just know that as the driver isn't one officially recognized by Windows, it doesn't know where to obtain it without aid. If it installed, great, and it should work fine. If not, then obviously it won't work fine, if at all.

For both of you... I'm afraid I can't really help much further. The only thing I can suggest is the one you appear to have already done: Completely remove the program and reinstall it from the beginning.

Hm, there may be one other thing I'd recommend, if only for being sure of one thing. Do the full reinstall of the program, but do NOT apply the Mod version. Just test the actual original Japanese program fully up to date. If that works (including a simple code test, such as setting an item to x999), then there may be something we can work with. As it is, those errors aren't really giving much more info than "something is wrong" or "something seems to be missing", and I just can't do much with just that via text online.

I tried running the original Japanese program without the mod, but it still doesn't work. The only other thing I can note is that when the splash screen loads and it shows the "Game List", "Save Bank" and other icons in the left side if I click on the "Save Bank" box I get that same root element error. None of the other boxes show this error, and I don't know if that's important (my guess is no). Not sure what else there is to do. I remember about 3 weeks ago I got the root element error when I did the advanced edit, but I hit continue and it actually went through and I could edit the save in PKHeX. From about 2 weeks ago it stopped going through and hasn't since.

I do have everything in that folder, however I have the CYBER Gadget folder saved in Program Files (x86) instead of Program Files. Don't know if that makes a difference. Where do you have the 3DSSaveBank folder saved? Mine is sitting in my Documents, and the settings on the app see it there, but something seems to be off about that folder considering I get the root element error when I click on the Save Bank in the splash screen. Here's where my files are:

http://imgur.com/QExlBmv,MhdA4lU,BTpn6aN,ErH52Ss#0