Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

You can't use the modified version at all. It has to be the actual original Japanese program (the Modified Japanese one is the same as the English one, just with the original Japanese text instead of it translated to English). Then right-click the save to restore and click Save Restore, not Save Delete (if you do click Save Delete, just say "no" and do the Restore).

You can't use the modified version at all. It has to be the actual original Japanese program (the Modified Japanese one is the same as the English one, just with the original Japanese text instead of it translated to English). Then right-click the save to restore and click Save Restore, not Save Delete (if you do click Save Delete, just say "no" and do the Restore).

Ahh, got it.

Thanks alot Jarie :wink:

try.jpg

Hi sorry to bother but I get this error message when loading up the modified CS software. I know someone posted earlier with the same problem and someone redirected them to this link

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/faq/se3ds/5467.html

But I can't understand what that link is telling me to do since I don't have a folder called 3DSSaves_Backup or a file called usercheats.xml. All I can find is a folder called 3DSSaveBank with a lot of .bak files in.

Any help would be great!

try.jpg.c60195fb444348e4616bc9e66823103f

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12094[/ATTACH]

Hi sorry to bother but I get this error message when loading up the modified CS software. I know someone posted earlier with the same problem and someone redirected them to this link

But I can't understand what that link is telling me to do since I don't have a folder called 3DSSaves_Backup or a file called usercheats.xml. All I can find is a folder called 3DSSaveBank with a lot of .bak files in.

Any help would be great!

I get the same error message, and need help with it too.

First, did you try completely uninstalling the program, then re-installing the Japanese, updating the Japanese, THEN apply the English mod?

Second, if that doesn't fix it, just to be certain, where did you obtain the installation program? Are you installing from the original CD?

MY STEPS:

1. I installed the software from this link: http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/saveeditor/SE23DS/5906.html

I can't read Japanese, so I had to guess my way through the installation. In the three first windows, I clicked at the buttons with "N" in parenthesis, then the button with "I", and lastly the button with "F". I don't know if it's normal, but no icon was added to my desktop, so I'm not able to open the save editor, and the program I downloaded from the link has this name in the folder: 3DSSESetupV2

2. Then I downloaded the "3DSSaveEditor_en.zip".

3. I extracted "3DSSaveEditor_en.exe" and "Ionic.Zip.dll" to the same folder as "3DSSESetupV2".

4. I ran "3DSSaveEditor_en" as Administrator.

5. I clicked "Ok" in the "saveEditor 2 for 3DS News/Announcements" window that appeared. The top line/news/message has 2015/02/05 as the latest date.

After I clicked "Ok", a window appeared called "Will now download game list from server". The green bar filled up and it seemed alright, and when it was finished, the problem as showed in the picture above occurred. I've tried uninstalling and installing again several times.

MY STEPS:

1. I installed the software from this link: http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/saveeditor/SE23DS/5906.html

I can't read Japanese, so I had to guess my way through the installation. In the three first windows, I clicked at the buttons with "N" in parenthesis, then the button with "I", and lastly the button with "F". I don't know if it's normal, but no icon was added to my desktop, so I'm not able to open the save editor, and the program I downloaded from the link has this name in the folder: 3DSSESetupV2

2. Then I downloaded the "3DSSaveEditor_en.zip".

3. I extracted "3DSSaveEditor_en.exe" and "Ionic.Zip.dll" to the same folder as "3DSSESetupV2".

4. I ran "3DSSaveEditor_en" as Administrator.

5. I clicked "Ok" in the "saveEditor 2 for 3DS News/Announcements" window that appeared. The top line/news/message has 2015/02/05 as the latest date.

After I clicked "Ok", a window appeared called "Will now download game list from server". The green bar filled up and it seemed alright, and when it was finished, the problem as showed in the picture above occurred. I've tried uninstalling and installing again several times.

The solution is definitely in this link rather than uninstalling and reinstalling as the company acknowledges this error

I just don't know what it's telling me to do as I don't have the folders or files they mention

Yep, you're not getting it all done first.

First, if you're going to use things in another language, it makes basic sense to at least learn a teeny bit of that language so you aren't just drowning when you only had to push a different button (as an example)

At the very least, Google Translate is an epic utility that (for no good reason I know of) people just can't seem to figure out how to use (it is a LOT more useful if you have a basic understanding of the language you are dealing with, and still useful at all for those that don't)

Second, when mentioning files, you need to include the extension (for example: .exe, .jpg, .msi)

So, you're main problem is... you didn't even get the program installed. The program's filename is "3DSSaveEditor.exe". That should have been partially obvious, as any program with "setup" in the name is an installation program (no exceptions come to mind at least).

Installing:

First, download from that link, "3DSSESetupV2.msi"

Second, run that program.

Hit "N" (Next)

Mark the checkbox, hit "N"

Designate the destination to install the program to (typically, leave the default), then hit "N"

Hit "I" (Install)

Wait for it to finish

Hit "F" (Finish)

When you are done, it should be installed to:

C:\Program Files\CYBER Gadget\3DS SaveEditor

Or wherever you designated it to install.

(If you can't find it, use your preferred Search for your PC (I far prefer the search program "Everything", it is amazing!)

Now run the program "3DSSaveEditor.exe" to get started and obtain the update(s) for the program. You may have to guess your way through this again, but it will be easy. It will force you to do it each time you start it until you get it right anyways.

Once it's updated, NOW you extract the Modified Cyber Editor into that same folder.

Also, for future reference, whenever a new update for the program is released, the Modified Editor will no longer work. You will have to load the original Japanese one, update that, then wait for and then download and extract the new Modified Editor for that version.

Edited by jariesuicune

Now run the program "3DSSaveEditor.exe" to get started and obtain the update(s) for the program. You may have to guess your way through this again, but it will be easy. It will force you to do it each time you start it until you get it right anyways.

Once it's updated, NOW you extract the Modified Cyber Editor into that same folder.

Also, for future reference, whenever a new update for the program is released, the Modified Editor will no longer work. You will have to load the original Japanese one, update that, then wait for and then download and extract the new Modified Editor for that version.

There's no program called "3DSSaveEditor.exe". All I have from downloading from that link, is "3DSSESetupV2". And we apparently have buttons with different letters.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I ran "3DSSaveEditor.exe" a second time, the vertical and horizontal "P"s appeared. They didn't the first time, but nothing still hasn't changed.

Yep, you're not getting it all done first.

First, if you're going to use things in another language, it makes basic sense to at least learn a teeny bit of that language so you aren't just drowning when you only had to push a different button (as an example)

At the very least, Google Translate is an epic utility that (for no good reason I know of) people just can't seem to figure out how to use (it is a LOT more useful if you have a basic understanding of the language you are dealing with, and still useful at all for those that don't)

Second, when mentioning files, you need to include the extension (for example: .exe, .jpg, .msi)

So, you're main problem is... you didn't even get the program installed. The program's filename is "3DSSaveEditor.exe". That should have been partially obvious, as any program with "setup" in the name is an installation program (no exceptions come to mind at least).

Installing:

First, download from that link, "3DSSESetupV2.msi"

Second, run that program. I'm not sure what you mean by a button with an "I" in it, but go in this order:

First page: "N" (horizontal middle)

Second page: "P" (vertical middle)

Third page: "P" (horizontal middle)

After that, it should be done, and just have to hit "F" (will be the only available option)

When you are done, it should be installed to:

C:\Program Files\CYBER Gadget\3DS SaveEditor

(If you can't find it, use your preferred Search for your PC (I far prefer the search program "Everything", it is amazing!)

I took print screens of the installations: http://imgur.com/a/kr0RH

I include everything I see.

Ah, I see. So, you ran the installer, successfully I see, and then completely ignored where it installed it to. The second time you ran the installer (which I now see why the first time you didn't see the same options as I did, since it gives a new menu for previous installations; I wasn't paying much attention about that), you were just re-installing it again.

Once you've run the Setup program, it's purpose is done and gone (go ahead and delete the .msi file). I already said in my explanation (which is also now updated for original installation, thanks to your screenshots) where it's found, and it's in your screenshot as well. You'd have seen it yourself if you'd been watching.

Be sure to follow the rest of the guide I mentioned (particularly making sure to update first), and you'll be good to go!

You're also going to want to do a fair bit of research on how to make a Legal Pokemon (there is a thread specifically for that), since if you mess up (very easy for beginners) then it's useless online.

Sorry, but... I'm impressed. I would never have even thought of finding someone past middle school who would be stumped by that and be trying something like cheating.

It would have saved some time if you had said you didn't know much about using computers from the start.

My rude amusement^ aside, a quick lesson in computers:

-All files have a file extension (example: .jpg .gif .avi .exe). This identifies what that file is so it's easier to know what program to use it with or for a program to properly identify it as something it uses, and such.

-You have your computer settings set to hide file extensions (due to a commonsense paranoia, this is the default). However, with Details shown, you see an overly-basic description of what the file is, based on the extension, shown under the category "Type" (as in, File-type).

-Anything with a ".exe" extension is a program (not always one you have to run yourself, many are handled automatically by other programs and the operating system).

-So, the Type of "Program" indicates a ".exe" file.

-Similarly, the "3DSSESetupV2.msi" is a "windows installation package", as per the Type description for that file extension.

When looking for something that you know the full name and extension, you could just look for the name, and then verify the extension.

Once you find it, right-click it and select copy. Then go to your desktop, right-click anywhere in an open area, and select "past shortcut". Or just select "create shortcut" the first time, then move that wherever you are wanting it. Either works.

When the program is fully up to date, extract the contents of the Modified editor into that folder and when it asks to replace the files, select Yes to all of them.

After that, it should work fine! Be sure to learn how to create a Legal Pokemon (I have made complete guides on a per-person basis, and there is a thread dedicated to it (don't go asking for the help in unrelated threads, you'll just get told to go to the appropriate thread)), so you won't be confused why the game keeps telling you that you have a Pokemon in your party that you can't use/trade.

Are you running the original Japanese program, without the Modified one?

Do you have the USB device attached, and have the drivers for it installed? That is required to be able to use the program. If you don't have it attached, trying to run the program will give an error saying to attach the USB adapter. (I have heard that if you don't have the installation disc, then you don't have the drivers needed to use it)

Are you running the original Japanese program, without the Modified one?

Do you have the USB device attached, and have the drivers for it installed? That is required to be able to use the program. If you don't have it attached, trying to run the program will give an error saying to attach the USB adapter. (I have heard that if you don't have the installation disc, then you don't have the drivers needed to use it)

Yes, I'm running the original Japanese program without the modified version. I even switched to another PC just to get that message above in English, so the modified version is for sure not on the PC.

The dongle was inserted into the PC during the install and still is when I open the program.

What drivers, now? I thought the software in the link was the drivers. Was the person in the second post wrong about using that link instead of the CD?

The drivers are supplied separately, not in that program, but on the CD. The program and the drivers are two totally separate things, though it would have made more sense to have them install together. So, no, they weren't wrong, as they specifically were referring to the program. It would have helped to also link to the drivers though (which as far as I know aren't on Cyber's site)

Hm... maybe someone has linked to an upload of the drivers on this thread... you may want to check. If you can't find them, then let us know.

Oh, one other thing, just 'cause: you do have a Japanese 3DS and Japanese X/Y/OR/AS game, right? This absolutely will not work with any games except Japanese.

The drivers are supplied separately, not in that program, but on the CD. The program and the drivers are two totally separate things, though it would have made more sense to have them install together. So, no, they weren't wrong, as they specifically were referring to the program. It would have helped to also link to the drivers though (which as far as I know aren't on Cyber's site)

Hm... maybe someone has linked to an upload of the drivers on this thread... you may want to check. If you can't find them, then let us know.

Oh, one other thing, just 'cause: you do have a Japanese 3DS and Japanese X/Y/OR/AS game, right? This absolutely will not work with any games except Japanese.

I'm having the same troubles as Tacancy after following all your steps. I used to be able to use Cyber gadget and pkhex successfully for many months until this recent hiccup