Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

@jariesuicune or anyone else that has japanese 3ds did you guys buy the corocoro november edition for the demo back then? if so do you know what the 2nd code in the magazine under the one for the demo one was? I was assuming it was an eon ticket code but it wasnt. Could you tell me what it is for?

@jariesuicune or anyone else that has japanese 3ds did you guys buy the corocoro november edition for the demo back then? if so do you know what the 2nd code in the magazine under the one for the demo one was? I was assuming it was an eon ticket code but it wasnt. Could you tell me what it is for?

It is not a serial code. It's a 管理番号, i.e. a number in the case anything goes wrong and you need to contact their customer service.

Eon Ticket was given in CoroCoro's issue of December.

(Source: I live in Japan and bought both myself)

It is not a serial code. It's a 管理番号, i.e. a number in the case anything goes wrong and you need to contact their customer service.

Eon Ticket was given in CoroCoro's issue of December.

(Source: I live in Japan and bought both myself)

thanks once again for your translation help! also I am glad to inform you that my copy of Alpha sapphire works with cyber save now! so yours should work when you get it :)

EDIT: okay so I realised my error is different, how dumb of me, here is my error

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
  at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
  at DSSaveEditor.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
  at DSSaveEditor.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This occurs after the initial "updates/news window", I never actually installed any patches this is pure Save Editor 2 application. happens on both my computers.

Editor looks garbled and doesn't react at all when I insert my game cart (JP OR)

Anyone know how to fix? I just bought the device at Sofmap. I'm residing in Tokyo.

I'm thinking the device may be faulty and the program is trying to read something from it, and recieving garbage.

My pc runs English Window 8. I'd supply a pic but size limit is too small on this forum

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

I just went and got my saveeditor2 replaced with a new unit and still same issue, so I guess it's a problem with the software... on both my computers :/

does it not like english windows 8 maybe?

EDIT2: okay, so ran windows 7 in a VirtualBox... and guuess what, it works! >w>

Edited by GizmoTheGreen

@niisama: You must be new to the idea of regions? Region coding is set to the game cartridge, not the gameplay. Interface language has no issue with it. If your game is Japanese Region, then you're good, regardless of what language you play it in.

@GizmoTheGreen: Yeah, that should have been your first thought. Newer system often equals WORSE compatibility. As it is, the best OS is still usually WinXP or Win7 (except for things that don't like anything but the newest), and often Win2K is just fine as well (which is still my preferred OS, despite things trying to actively not support it).

I'm not @jariesuicune (although Suicune is one of my favs legendaries ; P), but you're welcome!

Hey there again. Can you help me translate this page as I cant using google translate(cant highlight the words) Im trying to redeem my super smash greninja and I already made an account and added the 2 codes. What else do I need to do? Im trying to determine what it is saying but it seem like you have to download something on your 3ds? like a questionaire? or you have to add your 3ds ID onto your website account but I dont see that option. Here is the link: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/smapoke/index.html

@Seoulstice: Actually, that info is easily found on Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/658.shtml It's not released until the 9th... So just barely, in Japan.

edit: Ok, I finally got my games today (had it bundled with Smash WiiU), and see what to do. Log into your Club Nintendo account, then along the top you'll see 5 "buttons", the first on the left being the Serial Code (packaged software); the far right one should have a blue light-dot (like on 3DS/WiiU when you have a notification), being a notification to click it. From there, you can generate your アンケート codes, which you will use to get your new stuff. (I haven't gone through with that, since I'm focusing on Bayonetta right now; it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest).

edit 2: woops, that wasn't it. -_-; The extra points are nice though. ^_^

@wbyrd419: No, the problem is on your end (most problems are user-end, not from the supplier). Try including any details as to what you mean by "problems" in the first place if you want real help. No one can help you with no info.

Edited by jariesuicune

@Seoulstice: Actually, that info is easily found on Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/658.shtml It's not released until the 9th... So just barely, in Japan.

edit: Ok, I finally got my games today (had it bundled with Smash WiiU), and see what to do. Log into your Club Nintendo account, then along the top you'll see 5 "buttons", the first on the left being the Serial Code (packaged software); the far right one should have a blue light-dot (like on 3DS/WiiU when you have a notification), being a notification to click it. From there, you can generate your アンケート codes, which you will use to get your new stuff. (I haven't gone through with that, since I'm focusing on Bayonetta right now; it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest).

edit 2: woops, that wasn't it. -_-; The extra points are nice though. ^_^

@wbyrd419: No, the problem is on your end (most problems are user-end, not from the supplier). Try including any details as to what you mean by "problems" in the first place if you want real help. No one can help you with no info.

nothing else to include...wasnt reading my cart. it was my fault i broke it so ill have to buy another one friday/saturday.

So..this is what i found out.. You cant Restore your save using this modified version of Cybersave. and you cant use PKHex using the original cybersave editor. Restore can only be done using the original cybersave program(the one in CD), and save editing using pkhex is only done using This modified english version of cybersave.

Request to the creators of this program: is it possible for you guys to include the restore option in the modified version too?

Hello,

Like some other people above me, I've recently got a CyberGadget Save Editor 2 for Nintendo 3DS, but the thing is, the cartridge cannot be read. In fact, it behave like there's no cartridges, while the device is indeed recognized...

And more than that, I'm getting an error message. It's here in Japanese, but it's displayed in your OS language of course. I've just tried to switch my OS to japanese to see if it was working better, but it's not ...

Here's the message, the picture is attached to this post as well :

Just-In-Time (JIT) デバッグを呼び出すための詳細については、

ダイアログ ボックスではなく、このメッセージの最後を参照してください。

************** 例外テキスト **************

System.FormatException: 入力文字列の形式が正しくありません。

場所 System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

場所 System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

場所 DSSaveEditor.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 DSSaveEditor.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** 読み込まれたアセンブリ **************

mscorlib

アセンブリ バージョン: 2.0.0.0

Win32 バージョン: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

3DSSaveEditor

アセンブリ バージョン: 2.3.5443.19283

Win32 バージョン: 2.3.0.0

コードベース: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/CYBER%20Gadget/3DS%20SaveEditor/3DSSaveEditor.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

アセンブリ バージョン: 8.0.0.0

Win32 バージョン: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_ja_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

mscorlib.resources

Microsoft.mshtml

アセンブリ バージョン: 7.0.3300.0

Win32 バージョン: 7.0.3300.0

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT デバッグ **************

Just-In-Time (JIT) デバッグを有効にするには、このアプリケーション、

またはコンピュータ (machine.config) の構成ファイルの jitDebugging

値を system.windows.forms セクションで設定しなければなりません。

アプリケーションはまた、デバッグを有効にしてコンパイルされなければ

なりません。

例:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

JIT デバッグが有効なときは、このダイアログ ボックスで処理するよりも、

ハンドルされていない例外はすべてコンピュータに登録された

JIT デバッガに設定されなければなりません。

I've tried many things, like updating Windows, Net.Framework, changing the OS language, tried different USB slots, etc ... and even though this error message can be SOMEHOW solved by deleted the .xml file in the SaveBank folder everytime after one use, I wonder if it's linked. I mean, the device definetly won't read any of my japanese cartridges (Smash Bros, Ruby Omega, etc ...), and I even sent a message to Play-Asia saying it would be better to return it ... but maybe I'm not alone and that there's a solution ?

If yes, please explain me, I want to know if my device itself have a problem or if it's about Windows itself. But my thoughts are about a Windows issue sadly ...

My main issue is the not recognized cartridge actually ...

2014_12_09_190525.png

2014_12_09_190525.png.3a9b0f589a81b08b5b

Edited by Tenshin26100

Hello,

Like some other people above me, I've recently got a CyberGadget Save Editor 2 for Nintendo 3DS, but the thing is, the cartridge cannot be read. In fact, it behave like there's no cartridges, while the device is indeed recognized...

And more than that, I'm getting an error message. It's here in Japanese, but it's displayed in your OS language of course. I've just tried to switch my OS to japanese to see if it was working better, but it's not ...

Here's the message, the picture is attached to this post as well :

Just-In-Time (JIT) デバッグを呼び出すための詳細については、

ダイアログ ボックスではなく、このメッセージの最後を参照してください。

************** 例外テキスト **************

System.FormatException: 入力文字列の形式が正しくありません。

場所 System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

場所 System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

場所 DSSaveEditor.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 DSSaveEditor.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

場所 System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** 読み込まれたアセンブリ **************

mscorlib

3DSSaveEditor

アセンブリ バージョン: 2.3.5443.19283

Win32 バージョン: 2.3.0.0

コードベース: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/CYBER%20Gadget/3DS%20SaveEditor/3DSSaveEditor.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

アセンブリ バージョン: 8.0.0.0

Win32 バージョン: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_ja_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

mscorlib.resources

Microsoft.mshtml

アセンブリ バージョン: 7.0.3300.0

Win32 バージョン: 7.0.3300.0

コードベース: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT デバッグ **************

Just-In-Time (JIT) デバッグを有効にするには、このアプリケーション、

またはコンピュータ (machine.config) の構成ファイルの jitDebugging

値を system.windows.forms セクションで設定しなければなりません。

アプリケーションはまた、デバッグを有効にしてコンパイルされなければ

なりません。

例:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

JIT デバッグが有効なときは、このダイアログ ボックスで処理するよりも、

ハンドルされていない例外はすべてコンピュータに登録された

JIT デバッガに設定されなければなりません。

I've tried many things, like updating Windows, Net.Framework, changing the OS language, tried different USB slots, etc ... and even though this error message can be SOMEHOW solved by deleted the .xml file in the SaveBank folder everytime after one use, I wonder if it's linked. I mean, the device definetly won't read any of my japanese cartridges (Smash Bros, Ruby Omega, etc ...), and I even sent a message to Play-Asia saying it would be better to return it ... but maybe I'm not alone and that there's a solution ?

If yes, please explain me, I want to know if my device itself have a problem or if it's about Windows itself. But my thoughts are about a Windows issue sadly ...

My main issue is the not recognized cartridge actually ...

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/faq/se3ds/5467.html

This will ease your problem.

If you don't understand japanese, translate it with the google translate extension in chrome.

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/support/faq/se3ds/5467.html

This will ease your problem.

If you don't understand japanese, translate it with the google translate extension in chrome.

My main problem isn't the .xml file issue but more the cartridge that isn't detected, no matter which cartridges I use, but thanks, I'm relieved to know the method I was using was at least the good one for this matter.