Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

Unlike many common cheating devices of the past, this device has you attach the game cartridge itself to it, allowing you to edit the save file directly without attaching it to the system at all (as well as back it up). You DO need a Japanese 3DS to play the Japanese game.

Because of Bank not caring about Region settings, however, if you HAPPEN to get a game cartridge that already has been played to where it has the PokeDex, then you can Gen Pokemon into the game and then store them to the Bank to give to your non-Japanese game.

But, if you get a new X/Y game, then you'll need a JP 3DS to play that game anyways... or just regret wasting all that money so you can cheat.

Though, considering you can play the game in any language in any Region (set up at the beginning of a new game)... people should really just go full Japanese gaming in the first place. (Heck, it doesn't hurt to have a second language, especially when it has the things you love!)

Unlike many common cheating devices of the past, this device has you attach the game cartridge itself to it, allowing you to edit the save file directly without attaching it to the system at all (as well as back it up). You DO need a Japanese 3DS to play the Japanese game.

Because of Bank not caring about Region settings, however, if you HAPPEN to get a game cartridge that already has been played to where it has the PokeDex, then you can Gen Pokemon into the game and then store them to the Bank to give to your non-Japanese game.

But, if you get a new X/Y game, then you'll need a JP 3DS to play that game anyways... or just regret wasting all that money so you can cheat.

Though, considering you can play the game in any language in any Region (set up at the beginning of a new game)... people should really just go full Japanese gaming in the first place. (Heck, it doesn't hurt to have a second language, especially when it has the things you love!)

thanks for the great explanation, i understand it now.

looks like time to buy a used copy now :cool:

The driver is on the CD, and if I recall installs as part of the program installation while the device is attached. It really shouldn't be hard for you to find another computer that does happen to have a disc drive to copy the driver from the disc to a flash drive? If that is really not doable, then you could ask someone to upload it and link to it. (Gotta say, in this day and age, that problem is almost mind-boggling... there are even USB-disc drives for computers that don't have them)

Recently i kept getting "Error while downloading the decrypted save" while processing the save data of advanced mode. It worked just fine before, but it kept getting errors now. How can i fix this? Please help...

Having the same problem here "Error while downloading the decrypted save", I thought it's just me, very interesting. I also tried the simple mode and I got an error too. Though I was able to back up.

If that's the case then it may be because its a brand new game and without a save file the cyber gadget wont read cuz it searches for the save file... thanks for the response hopefully when I start playing it tomorrow and make it far enough for the pokemon bank then maybe it will read on the cyber gadget...

Will it be possible to run Cybergadget offline at any time in the future, or use the editing bits of the program offline?
No, decryption has to be done by a 3DS (or a server connected to a 3DS) as the 3DS common key is required to operate the AES engine.

I recently got CGSE and a Japanese copy of pokemon y but when I try to use it the following message appears:

"cartridge reader not detected. please connect it via a usb port and start the program"

are there any drivers that I need to detect it?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I'm new here

Edit:I just looked up at the posts is the CD installation different to the download link?

Can someone help me please? I tried using Cyber Editor for first time. Because I dont own a japanese 3DS I used pokebank to send few pokemon I wanted to "edit". I followed the instructions but now I cant use pokebank with my japanese copy of pokemon y (I was able to do it before) I tried changing the hex values to the original but still nothing (I changed the fisrt one of the second line, it was 05 I changed it to 04, tried with 00 and with 05 again and nothing) Please can someone help :(? I can upload the "main" file if needed

Made an account just to add that I'm also experiencing the "error while downloading the decrypted save" issue. Does this mean the servers are down? I'm using a Japanese copy of pokemon Y and the official software. I've tried reinstalling the program several times, but I still can't get into the hex-edit screen.