RELEASE: VBA LINK + E-READER

RELEASE: VBA LINK + E-READER

There is a VBA version with link cable emulation

There is a VBA version with e-reader emulation compatible with raw files

But there isn't a version with both emulations at the same time, that's why, using the source code of both versions, that's why I've done a merged version of both VBA in the same emulator. Here it is:

I'm not the author of the link emulation nor e9reader emulation, I only mixed both versions in one.

This is a merged of VBA-Link 1.73 (link since broken) created by denopqrihg and VBA-Reader created by caitsith (http://www.caitsith2.com/), they are the real authors of these emulations

HOW TO EMULATE E-READER WITH POKEMON GAMES

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire JP

The American version works exactly like the Japanese, but I'll post pictures of the Japanese version anyway, because the American version is already possible to emulate the e-reader with VBA Link and .sav files

0 - If you want to use an English save, rename the save to have the same name as the Japanese ROM, and the extension must be changed to sa1. For example if we have the ROM Ruby.GBA and Japanese Pokemon "Pokemon Ruby JP.gba" the save "Pokemon Ruby.sav" should be renamed to "Pokemon Ruby JP.sa1"

1 - Open the emulator twice

2h3dirc.jpg

2 - Load the Rom of Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire in the first emulator and the Rom e-reader + JP in the second emulator

28lc09x.jpg

3 - Press start on both emulators

swadxt.jpg

4 - Select the third option of the emulator with Pokémon Sapphire (Mystery Event)

>

5 - Select the first option in the second emulator . A popup will open , select a raw file

corresponding to the version you are using, in my case Pokémon Sapphire JP

51udnd.jpg

6 - Press A on the first emulator and that's it, you have loaded a Japanese trainer or berry

33wmiki.jpg

7 - Change back the name of the save as it was originally and you have a Japanese e-reader berry or trainer loaded in an American save

2hgckmp.jpg

Pokémon Emerald / FireRed / LeafGreen Japanese

0 - We can do the same with the saves but this time only with Pokémon Emerald. Japanese and non-Japanese saves for FireRed and LeafGreen are not compatible

1 - Download the following saves already prepared for e-reader

(it's on the download page, file name being Pokemon E-Reader Saves.rar)

2 - Open the emulator twice

3 - Load in the first emulator an Emerald/FR/LG ROM and an e-reader + JP ROM in the second emulator

4 - On the emulator with the e-reader ROM select File -> Import -> Battery File and select one of the downloaded saves,corresponding to the game that we are using and click OK. A third option will appear

28bec6h.jpg

5 - Pikachu appears. Press A and select a raw file for the e-reader, in this case Pokémon Emerald

a2tdvo.jpg

6 - A Sandsdrew and 7 holes more will appear and the raw file selection will be open again. At this point you can select up to 8 different cards. If you want to load less than 8 just press cancel on the file selection, then press B and select the first option

2woeh04.jpg

7 - Select the third option of the first emulator and press A twice in the first emulator

v7yrkk.jpg

8 - Then press A on the second emulator. The Sandshrew will the start to move up and down. If all went well the first emulator will restart, indicating that the data loaded properly

2dtsz6g.jpg

9 - Now the trainers will be available on the Trainer Hill. In this case you cant put back in the save in the English versions because the Trainer Hill is incompatible with e-reader and have fixed trainers

Source Code
All versions of VBA publish the source code and I will not be less

(source code has been added to the download page)

Huge Thanks
VBA-Team for creating the emulator
denopqrihg for the link emulation
caitsith for e-reader emulation
ad2099 to testing this emulator and the save for FireRed & LeafGreen

• Like 3
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 2

• 1 year later...