Idea to allow pokegen etc for gen 6

Tronux

Done some research and apparently Codejunkies (from action replay) managed to apply cheats by changing the save file by using Powersaves. (uploads your save file, de-encrypts, apply's code, re-incrypts, and you download)

Now making Pokegen a program that altered or generates code that alters the save file could be the solution for future editing.

For instance, if I'd click on an event file from gen 6 it could give me the code that when entered in pokegen would alter my savefile.

(basicly how action replay used to work)

But I can imagine it might be pretty hard for extensive editing if there is no consistency in the code.

And I can't find the actually code for the cheats Powersaves currently has to figure out a pattern.

Pls let me know if its possible and if its a good method.

What? Powersaves only collects data from your cartridge before sending it to their servers.

All alterations are done outside of their program, on their servers.

Communications work like this:

CartReader gets ROM data -> Transmit to Datel

Datel transmits back the encrypted card-reading commands (this is why online is required).

The CartReader gets the save data -> Codes / Options are now shown.

If you choose codes, you send off your ROM data and Save file, and then they apply the codes, send you back the edited save file, then the dongle writes the save using the stored card-reading commands.

It's not a simple process; the 3DS has some very intense encryption which cannot be emulated by a computer program. Your ideas are not new; if it was possible it would already be done.