(X/Y) KeySAV2 - Box/Battle Video Data Viewer

Kaphotics

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a test on a wild-caught pokemon using powersaves's shinifying code (which modifies IVs without changing TID) and used IVs code to change it back to all 31 IVs. Then, I dumped the save file and used KeySAV2 to check this pokemon's SV to see whether a random pokemon can have my TSV after being shinified but it doesn't show on the screen. I assume that this tool only checks for eggs' SV but is there a possibility to check a wild pokemon/already hatched pokemon's SV?

You'll have to download my build and check the "Show ESV for hatched Pokemon" option. You shouldn't have to break for your save again if you copy the "data" folder from the folder your KeySAV2 is in to the folder that you put mine in, but if you do, there's an included readme file that guides you through breaking for my build (it's a little different than the official build because you don't have to save twice every time you dump a save).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I did a search and this is what I found.

I downloaded KeySAV2(ORAS) and it worked fine, then it stopped. Kept saying I needed to break videos first.

So I completely deleted and downloaded everything again. It worked for awhile. Tonight I checked a set of eggs and when I went to check the second set it stopped working.

Is there anything that would keep the Key Bin from being lost?

I followed the tutorial to check my TSV and I got a resulting file that said "SAV Key - Linda - (29048.10977) - TSV 1465". I tried to use this file for the Open SAV tab and it said "Incorrect File Size". I don't know if I did something wrong here?

• 2 weeks later...
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I did a search and this is what I found.

I downloaded KeySAV2(ORAS) and it worked fine, then it stopped. Kept saying I needed to break videos first.

So I completely deleted and downloaded everything again. It worked for awhile. Tonight I checked a set of eggs and when I went to check the second set it stopped working.

Is there anything that would keep the Key Bin from being lost?

Are you making sure to delete your Battle Video on the SD card every time you copy it to your PC? Battle Video encryption is broken by slot, so if you save a Battle Video, break encryption, then save ANOTHER Battle Video, that second video will be in a different slot and you'd need to break encryption for that slot as well.

I followed the tutorial to check my TSV and I got a resulting file that said "SAV Key - Linda - (29048.10977) - TSV 1465". I tried to use this file for the Open SAV tab and it said "Incorrect File Size". I don't know if I did something wrong here?

That file is your keystream, you don't open that file in the "SAV" tab. After you obtain your keystream, you can then open any save file from that game in the "SAV" tab.

Hold on, so what does this tool do exactly? Can I extract Battle Videos somehow with this tool using SaveDataFiler?

This tool is for viewing Pokemon data using encrypted saves or Battle Videos. If you can use SaveDataFiler and PkHex, you don't need this tool (unless you wanted your Pokemon data formatted in a certain way for like a Reddit thread or something).

• 1 month later...

How about a suggestion for the future KeySav version? Like something that displays pokeball sprites in reddit.

In reddit, the code to display the pokeball sprite is [](/pokeball), or if it's Dream Ball then it's [](/dreamball), etc...

In KeySav however, the name of the ball always has a space between the ball type and the word "ball", and it would be tiring to erase that single space one-by-one lol when posted in reddit.

So my suggestion is to have a 2nd "reddit theme" in KeySav that also displays the pokeball sprites, or something to remove the space to make displaying sprites in reddit easier.

How can I use KeySAV2 to view my opponent's team? I need to check their values. I have broken the encryption for the battle videos, and I can see my team just fine, but it does not give me the option to view theirs.

You have to have your opponent follow the same instructions that you do when you create your battle videos (I forget what they are exactly, but it's like only have one Pokemon, and then move that Pokemon to the second slot for the second battle or something..... whatever it is, have your opponent do the same thing). If successful, the program will tell you (during the breaking process) that you can read opponent data as well. This only has to be done in the breaking phase - once you have broken encryption for both you and your opponent, you can view any video (from that slot) and be able to see both your and your opponent's Pokemon.

How about a suggestion for the future KeySav version? Like something that displays pokeball sprites in reddit.

In reddit, the code to display the pokeball sprite is [](/pokeball), or if it's Dream Ball then it's [](/dreamball), etc...

In KeySav however, the name of the ball always has a space between the ball type and the word "ball", and it would be tiring to erase that single space one-by-one lol when posted in reddit.

So my suggestion is to have a 2nd "reddit theme" in KeySav that also displays the pokeball sprites, or something to remove the space to make displaying sprites in reddit easier.

You should check out my version, it's one of the available columns :-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/2o4qiu/a_newer_keysav2_build_with_even_more_features/

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had to reformat my 3DS recently, but I still have a backup of my SD card with my old extdata on it. Is it possible to use this to do anything with my old battle videos or are they gone forever?

Assuming you haven't created any new battle videos after the reformat, you should be able to just copy those files back to your 3DS and use them normally.

There are tons of files in that folder. I didn't remember having that many videos. I restored them all the first time, overwriting 2-4 files in each game's folder in the process, and got "The data on the SD card is corrupted". I closed the game without saving, but it had deleted and cleared that folder. So this time, I cleared the folders and restored a post-format backup (restoring those two to four files that were previously overwritten) and then restored the pre-downgrade backup WITHOUT overwriting the files that were already there.

This time, both games loaded up without complaint, but when I went to my Vs. Recorder, it said I had no videos. As a further test, I put my SD card back in the computer, and the restored video files are still there. So the game just doesn't want to recognize them. Any other ideas? I have a few, but I don't think I'm allowed to mention them here.