(X/Y) KeySAV2 - Box/Battle Video Data Viewer

Kaphotics

I have a question about the following error code: "incorrect file size." I had successfully broken my Y cartridge and was able to run KeySav2 without any issues; however, when I attempted to break my AS cartridge, I have consistently received said error, despite following directions correctly. How can I fix this?

How are you getting your saves? PowerSaves, digital, etc. And it's only your AS saves? You can still break with your Y saves?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through PowerSaves (from cartridge). And no, the issue is with both Y and AS. I updated to the most recent version which supports ORAS, if that's of any help

It happens when you try to load a save into the "Break" section, right? Does it also happen if you use my build?

It's possible Datel changed how their saves are - can you send me the saves you're getting errors with so I can look at them?

It happens when you try to load a save into the "Break" section, right? Does it also happen if you use my build?

It's possible Datel changed how their saves are - can you send me the saves you're getting errors with so I can look at them?

No, I can break them (successfully bruteforced) but when I try to open the save I receive the error. How should I send them? (Cannot upload)

No, I can break them (successfully bruteforced) but when I try to open the save I receive the error. How should I send them? (Cannot upload)

You can just email them, I'll PM you my email address.

Do you get the error with both the official build and my build?

Edit: For future reference, he was mistakenly trying to open the key file instead of a save file. xD

Edited by Kaisonic

Any plans on a memory inject/dumper that can dump battle videos much like the pokemon injector that can dump pokemon? We already have access via SD card, but it could save a lot of folks the trouble of trying to decrypt them. :P

But what's the need for dumping battle videos if you can already dump Pokemon? If you mean for checking someone else's shiny values, it's probably faster to trade, dump the Pokemon, then trade back. That way you can do as many as you want at a time, and don't have to worry about hatching, battling, and resetting.

But what's the need for dumping battle videos if you can already dump Pokemon? If you mean for checking someone else's shiny values, it's probably faster to trade, dump the Pokemon, then trade back. That way you can do as many as you want at a time, and don't have to worry about hatching, battling, and resetting.

True but it has it's uses. Like cheat detection? I can't possibly think of them all, but being able to view the stats of pokemon that had been used in a battle could have some uses. Why else would KeySav2 exist in the first place? PKHeX has been around just as long and there was still a need for this one too. ;)

Why i can't check the Opponen team on the BV ?

When you do the initial setup to break your encryption (battle with a Pokemon in slot 1, battle with the same Pokemon in slot 2, etc), you have to have the opponent do the same thing with their Pokemon (so in the first file, you battle with only one Pokemon and so does the opponent, then in the second file, your one Pokemon is in slot 2 and the opponent's one Pokemon is in their slot 2).

After that, you can check the opponent's team of any video you save in that battle video slot.

Hello,

Im quite new on using this but i got a problem using KeySAV2,

The first dump it show me the correct pokemon on my box

But when i try to dump an other save (with different pokemon on my box 1/2) they only show me the last pokemon dump.

So i wanted to know if i forget something on doing the dump ?

Hello,

Im quite new on using this but i got a problem using KeySAV2,

The first dump it show me the correct pokemon on my box

But when i try to dump an other save (with different pokemon on my box 1/2) they only show me the last pokemon dump.

So i wanted to know if i forget something on doing the dump ?

The program needs to see three states for each slot to fully decrypt: empty, full1, full2. So if you've already opened saves with two different Pokemon in the first two boxes, try making a save with those two boxes empty and opening that. Then box 1 and 2 should always appear correct.

The program needs to see three states for each slot to fully decrypt: empty, full1, full2. So if you've already opened saves with two different Pokemon in the first two boxes, try making a save with those two boxes empty and opening that. Then box 1 and 2 should always appear correct.

Ok i'm gonna try it :) thanks you for that answer

So with the Keysav2 on the first page => I try to put 2 save with empty box, and i cant break cause it says it need some pokemon on the box

On the unofficial keysav2 from your post

I try to put on the file 1 => empty box 1

file 2 => full box 1

file 3 => full box 2

file 1 => 26.bin

file 2 => 16.bin

file 3 => emptybox1

And it doesnt work, it show me only a few pokemon and they are not from the box 1

Edited by Azunie

Ok i'm gonna try it :) thanks you for that answer

So with the Keysav2 on the first page => I try to put 2 save with empty box, and i cant break cause it says it need some pokemon on the box

On the unofficial keysav2 from your post

I try to put on the file 1 => empty box 1

file 2 => full box 1

file 3 => full box 2

file 1 => 26.bin

file 2 => 16.bin

file 3 => emptybox1

And it doesnt work, it show me only a few pokemon and they are not from the box 1

Oh, no, you don't break with any of those saves - create your break saves following the instructions included with the program. Then, for the saves I mentioned before, just open and dump them in the SAV tab - you only need to break once.

Oh, no, you don't break with any of those saves - create your break saves following the instructions included with the program. Then, for the saves I mentioned before, just open and dump them in the SAV tab - you only need to break once.

Don't understand what you mean ^^'

I create new save and follow the tutorial ? ^^'

If you've downloaded my build, just follow the instructions in the included "README" file. The section "Breaking the encryption" details how to do the initial breaking, which only needs to be done once. Then, the section "Breaking the encryption for more boxes" details how to fully break the encryption. Basically, you do this:

- Create save1, save2, and save3 according to the instructions

- In the Options tab, load save1, save2, and save3 into File 1, File 2, and File 3 respectively

- Click the higher "Break" button (the one above the File 1 slot)

- Now create empty, full1, and full2 according to the instructions

- In the Options tab, click "Folder" and select the folder where you put empty, full1, and full2

- Click the lower "Break" button (the one above the Folder slot)

All that only needs to be done once. After that, you can open any save in the SAV tab, and you should see all Pokemon with no ~ markers.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to have some questions please.

Is the PID of the pokemon in the pk6 file just as the real PID or the program rolls itself?

Why there are still some '~' mark before the results when I break the encryption using battle videos even if I choose hidding uncertain data? Is it diffrent from the meaning of using save files? It dosen't mean uncertain data?

Is it possible to read the data which are in the party and the battle box?

Sorry to trouble you.

could someone please explain how i could do this please thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/wiki/keysav2#btn

I'd like to have some questions please.

Is the PID of the pokemon in the pk6 file just as the real PID or the program rolls itself?

Why there are still some '~' mark before the results when I break the encryption using battle videos even if I choose hidding uncertain data? Is it diffrent from the meaning of using save files? It dosen't mean uncertain data?

Is it possible to read the data which are in the party and the battle box?

Sorry to trouble you.

1. It's the actual PID of the Pokemon.

2. The ~ mark, for battle video data, just means that there's no "Box" that the Pokemon is in (since it's in a party) - there's no uncertain data in battle videos. So yes, the tilde ~ has different meanings for battle video data and save file data.

3. Not with only KeySAV2.

If you've downloaded my build, just follow the instructions in the included "README" file. The section "Breaking the encryption" details how to do the initial breaking, which only needs to be done once. Then, the section "Breaking the encryption for more boxes" details how to fully break the encryption. Basically, you do this:

- Create save1, save2, and save3 according to the instructions

- In the Options tab, load save1, save2, and save3 into File 1, File 2, and File 3 respectively

- Click the higher "Break" button (the one above the File 1 slot)

- Now create empty, full1, and full2 according to the instructions

- In the Options tab, click "Folder" and select the folder where you put empty, full1, and full2

- Click the lower "Break" button (the one above the Folder slot)

All that only needs to be done once. After that, you can open any save in the SAV tab, and you should see all Pokemon with no ~ markers.

"Now create empty, full1, and full2 according to the instructions"

This is where I get confused... do you really need to have 930 Pokemon just to be able to break/view all 31 boxes? UGH. SO CONFUSED. :/

edit: And, if you DO need to use a crap tonne of Pokemon, do they need to all be yours (with OT/ID)?

If you want to break/view all 31 boxes, then you need saves where the program sees the three different states (empty, full1, full2) for each slot in your game. You don't need 930 Pokemon, it's just a lot faster if you do. Otherwise you'll have to make more than three saves, moving around the Pokemon that you do have in order for each slot to see the three states.

And they can be any OT - the only ones that must be your OT are the first six that you use in your break saves.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I would like some help.

I just installed KeySav2, and when I tried to view all of my eggs, this came up:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Additional info can be found here: http://pastebin.com/vfu4Kud0

I've tried reinstalling, using both versions, and setting up my boxes again, but it still comes up. I've also used different backups. Did this get patched too?