(X/Y) KeySAV2 - Box/Battle Video Data Viewer

Kaphotics

So you fixed the issue with loading the saves to break them but it still says incorrect file size when choosing a save to dump the information.

Edit: Fixed! When you replaced the new lines, you also replace the && operators with || on the opensav_ function.

Heh, thanks for spotting that. Fixed the src, but I'm sure you've compiled your own copy by now :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking. Why not somehow take keySAV and port it into PKHeX? Of course you would only need to add the box dumping. There is one like that I saw but you can't select range and you can't output specific information or have it formatted into a reddit table.

I was thinking about that the other day. It'd be a two-step process to combine KeySAV2 and PkHex:

- Add the save-breaking from KeySAV2 so PkHex could open encrypted saves, allowing the user to view boxes and Pokemon like they can now with decrypted saves (equivalent workflow now is to export pk6 files with KeySAV2 and open that folder in PkHex, but that doesn't retain box position)

- Add the output formatting to PkHex, like reddit and CSV formatting - this would be useful not only for KeySAV2 users, but also for anyone that uses PkHex and just wants to export their Pokemon information in different ways.

This reminds me of ViolentSpatula's version - he added the box view from PkHex to KeySAV2, which I thought was cool, but the source code wasn't in his GitHub :-(

I'll have to take a crack at this if I get the time :-)

I was thinking about that the other day. It'd be a two-step process to combine KeySAV2 and PkHex:

- Add the save-breaking from KeySAV2 so PkHex could open encrypted saves, allowing the user to view boxes and Pokemon like they can now with decrypted saves (equivalent workflow now is to export pk6 files with KeySAV2 and open that folder in PkHex, but that doesn't retain box position)

- Add the output formatting to PkHex, like reddit and CSV formatting - this would be useful not only for KeySAV2 users, but also for anyone that uses PkHex and just wants to export their Pokemon information in different ways.

This reminds me of ViolentSpatula's version - he added the box view from PkHex to KeySAV2, which I thought was cool, but the source code wasn't in his GitHub :-(

I'll have to take a crack at this if I get the time :-)

This would be perfect. The main thing I would be looking forward to is the output formatting. If you would like any help, I dabble a little in programming myself.

All the source code is on Kaphotics' GitHub if you want to get an idea of what everything looks like :-)

https://github.com/kwsch

And then my modified version: https://github.com/Kaisonic/KeySAV2

Maybe add a tab page in the tab control? From there they could choose format and how to export it (CSV or Reddit) and other misc options. I feel there would be no need to incorporate the breaking and everything since there would be a specific reason fir using PKHeX (save is decrypted). Also the data will most likely be more accurate since it is decrypted. The methods for obtaining the information for each pokemon may be different though since it is already decrypted. Might even have to redo the whole KeySAV option for PKHeX because of it.

But the point of combining KeySAV2 and PkHex (other than giving current PkHex users export options) is so users that only have encrypted saves are able to use PkHex to view their Pokemon. I guess I'm not completely following your last post :-/

But the point of combining KeySAV2 and PkHex (other than giving current PkHex users export options) is so users that only have encrypted saves are able to use PkHex to view their Pokemon. I guess I'm not completely following your last post :-/

I see what you mean. So you are thinking of having a visual box look for the pokemon picked up through the dump. The way I saw it was you would like the save into PKHeX and then use the KeySAV tool to export the data based on the parameters. For your way, it might be best just to add that into KeySAV since PKHeX is more for editing rather than just viewing. So pretty much everything in PKHeX is to take advantage of the one loaded save using tools on the program.

I see what you mean. So you are thinking of having a visual box look for the pokemon picked up through the dump. The way I saw it was you would like the save into PKHeX and then use the KeySAV tool to export the data based on the parameters. For your way, it might be best just to add that into KeySAV since PKHeX is more for editing rather than just viewing. So pretty much everything in PKHeX is to take advantage of the one loaded save using tools on the program.

Yeah I gotcha. But if we're taking the export functions from KeySAV and putting them in PkHex, and then taking the box view functions from PkHex and putting them in KeySAV, it might just be easier to combine them rather than cross-manage the code. Or, to look at it another way, once the export functions are implemented into PkHex (box selection, Reddit formatting, CSV formatting, etc), the ONLY unique function of KeySAV is breaking the encryption of encrypted saves. So if you add that last part to PkHex as well, you've got an all-in-one tool. And I like all-in-one tools :-D

Yeah I gotcha. But if we're taking the export functions from KeySAV and putting them in PkHex, and then taking the box view functions from PkHex and putting them in KeySAV, it might just be easier to combine them rather than cross-manage the code. Or, to look at it another way, once the export functions are implemented into PkHex (box selection, Reddit formatting, CSV formatting, etc), the ONLY unique function of KeySAV is breaking the encryption of encrypted saves. So if you add that last part to PkHex as well, you've got an all-in-one tool. And I like all-in-one tools :-D

The only problem I see coming up is that the box view is for decrypted saves that are opened. If you were to use the dumper in KeySAV2 it would override what is in the current boxes for the save. (Unless you were to set up a different box view for the KeySAV tool) So if there was a separate view for KeySAV in PKHeX then we could put them together. If we only used the one, we would have to say to use one or the other so they don't mix up what is in the decrypted save file.

Thank you very much for creating this tool! It may be small, but it has saved me a lot of time. I have one question though; sometimes I notice that it doesn't show data that should be in certain boxes. For example, some boxes that I know for a fact are full of eggs do not get listed in KeySav. It shows maybe one or two eggs that are in certain slots but just seems to skip the rest of them. I also notice that in the case of empty boxes it still lists Pokémon that were once there. Is there some kind of meta data contained in the decrypted .sav that causes KeySavs to show this 'phantom' data?

Thank you very much for creating this tool! It may be small, but it has saved me a lot of time. I have one question though; sometimes I notice that it doesn't show data that should be in certain boxes. For example, some boxes that I know for a fact are full of eggs do not get listed in KeySav. It shows maybe one or two eggs that are in certain slots but just seems to skip the rest of them. I also notice that in the case of empty boxes it still lists Pokémon that were once there. Is there some kind of meta data contained in the decrypted .sav that causes KeySavs to show this 'phantom' data?

There is a tutorial posted by someone on reddit here. There is a smaller section on how to get more out of the save under the section on breaking the saves for the key.

The only problem I see coming up is that the box view is for decrypted saves that are opened. If you were to use the dumper in KeySAV2 it would override what is in the current boxes for the save. (Unless you were to set up a different box view for the KeySAV tool) So if there was a separate view for KeySAV in PKHeX then we could put them together. If we only used the one, we would have to say to use one or the other so they don't mix up what is in the decrypted save file.

I don't think I entirely follow you here. Are you saying you'd want to open an encrypted save AND a decrypted save? PkHex is generally for opening one save at a time - adding the KeySAV2 dump functionality would simply allow users to open encrypted saves in PkHex in a read-only state. If you want to copy Pokemon from an encrypted save to a decrypted save, there are other methods that are already used by users that want to copy Pokemon between the decrypted saves that PkHex can already open.

I don't think I entirely follow you here. Are you saying you'd want to open an encrypted save AND a decrypted save? PkHex is generally for opening one save at a time - adding the KeySAV2 dump functionality would simply allow users to open encrypted saves in PkHex in a read-only state. If you want to copy Pokemon from an encrypted save to a decrypted save, there are other methods that are already used by users that want to copy Pokemon between the decrypted saves that PkHex can already open.

OHHH I get you you mean now. The read-only idea is probably better xD. Just completely ignore what I was saying. I feel like this whole idea would be an easy process. Obviously some information will not be able to be accessed within the other tabs of the program. I am not sure if there should be a tab with the breaking options and everything or a MenuStrip option that opens a separate form with inputs (just for breaking the saves for the keys.)

OHHH I get you you mean now. The read-only idea is probably better xD. Just completely ignore what I was saying. I feel like this whole idea would be an easy process. Obviously some information will not be able to be accessed within the other tabs of the program. I am not sure if there should be a tab with the breaking options and everything or a MenuStrip option that opens a separate form with inputs (just for breaking the saves for the keys.)

Haha no worries :-) I see where the confusion came from now, and you're right - most of PkHex is useless with encrypted saves, since you'd only be able to see Pokemon details and nothing else. Until perhaps someone figures out how to read other info from an encrypted save, but that's way over my head xD But in the meantime, if we add export options to PkHex, it's only a hop and a skip to add reading Pokemon from encrypted saves.

Haha no worries :-) I see where the confusion came from now, and you're right - most of PkHex is useless with encrypted saves, since you'd only be able to see Pokemon details and nothing else. Until perhaps someone figures out how to read other info from an encrypted save, but that's way over my head xD But in the meantime, if we add export options to PkHex, it's only a hop and a skip to add reading Pokemon from encrypted saves.

I think it might be impossible to read the other information because you would have to break the saves for each thing and I don't know the exact process haha. Export options are step one I guess. I don't think we need to really take any code from the KeySAV program for the export options since more data is already able to be access in PKHeX.

So Ive heard that we can use this wonderful program to find out if the events we have in our possession are legit or not. I downloaded it..but its asking for a .sav.

I have Cyber Gadget. Can someone please explain me how to use keysav 2 to find if my event is legit or not? please?

So Ive heard that we can use this wonderful program to find out if the events we have in our possession are legit or not. I downloaded it..but its asking for a .sav.

I have Cyber Gadget. Can someone please explain me how to use keysav 2 to find if my event is legit or not? please?

Just use Cyber Gadget to make save backups and follow this guide to break your save: http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/2nun41/new_keysav2_build_with_more_features_that_does/

That guide works with the official version. Also it doesn't have to be a .sav file, I believe it takes .bin files too; whatever Cyber Gadget outputs will work.

I successfully got the keystream; how do I use that to decrypt a .sav file so I can use it with PKHeX and Gateway?

From the PKHex thread:

PKXs and edited SAVs CAN be injected into your game ONLY IF you possess either:

<9.2 Firmware Console & Gateway Flashcart

Cyber Save Editor & Dongle and a JP Cart+JP System

​NO POWERSAVES. Datel does not allow edited save resigning.

Methods how to view (not inject) your Powersaves are in the X/Y Save File Research Thread.

You can also use KeySAV2 to dump pk6 files, then load those into PKHex for viewing (however it doesn't retain box positions).

I successfully got the keystream; how do I use that to decrypt a .sav file so I can use it with PKHeX and Gateway?

If you are using Cyber Gadget, you could just take the save and open it in PKHeX. You will need the modified version of the editor found here on the forums and you will need to open the decrypted save created during the editing process of the program.

I have a question about the following error code: "incorrect file size." I had successfully broken my Y cartridge and was able to run KeySav2 without any issues; however, when I attempted to break my AS cartridge, I have consistently received said error, despite following directions correctly. How can I fix this?