(X/Y) KeySAV2 - Box/Battle Video Data Viewer

Kaphotics

Hi, I've been having some trouble with the save encryption method. I get an unhandled exception error. http://prntscr.com/54dlgn

More details opens up into this:

http://pastebin.com/EzVn91BU

This is how I have it set up: http://prntscr.com/54dne7

Am I doing something wrong? I followed the guide found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/wiki/keysav2#btn

Thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaphotics, your tool really is great :)

I'm writing a web application to support this tool

Here's the site: http://pokemonhub.net/#/pc

It look something like this:

(It does support csv format now)

Box with pokemon

3.PNG

Empty box

1.PNG

Import data

2.PNG

Quick look at normal Pokemon

4.PNG

Quick look at an Egg

4-1.PNG

Detail for shiny Pokemon

5.PNG

Detail for an Egg

5-1.PNG

Wipe data confirmation

6.PNG

How to use modal

7.PNG

Please enjoy your time here :)

Here's its source code: Box Simulator source code

I'm current looking for someone to host it. (actually, Reisyukaku has helped me host the old version, but he seem too busy to update source).

Can you add the compatibility with KeySav2 alternate Version that show also the Level, ecc..?

Can you add the compatibility with KeySav2 alternate Version that show also the Level, ecc..?

I'm currently working on it :)

Can you help my by sending me your csv file? And if possible, text file with default format/ reddit format, too :)

If you can, please send an email to kuroemon485[at]gmail[dot]com

I'm currently working on it :)

Can you help my by sending me your csv file? And if possible, text file with default format/ reddit format, too :)

If you can, please send an email to kuroemon485[at]gmail[dot]com

Yes, of course. I load it on meadfire , one moment :D

So just a question:

Last few times I've been doing checks I was noticing some slots were being missed and not part of the list. I just tried rebreaking my boxes using the exact same saves the break data I was using had and it just came up fine this time. What was happening there?

I should note I noticed no problems previously, just with the last few. A few things I seen were noted by other users

TL;DR version: Download KeySAV2 1.3.4 Unofficial (updated 2014-12-07), lots of features, double-saving not required, X/Y/OR/AS supported, details below!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank Kaphotics for his awesome work!

I really liked ViolentSpatula's version (with the added information in the CSV export) but it didn't support Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. So, being a programmer, I decided to try and add ORAS support to this version. I got a little carried away, and ended up merging the official version by Kaphotics and the added-feature version by VioletSpatula, along with adding a few of my own features. Around the same time, I noticed Cu3PO42 on this subreddit making their own version with even MORE features. So I decided to combine them all!

Here's the thread of Cu3PO42's version, along with a full guide of how to use the program: http://www.reddit.com/r/SVExchange/comments/2nun41/new_keysav2_build_with_more_features_that_does/

And finally, you can download my version 1.3.4 here. I'm calling it KeySAV2 1.3 (edit: updated to 1.3.4, details below).

Also, here is my own thread on that subreddit.

My version contains all changes to the official version as of now, all changes in Cu3PO42's version as of now, all additions by me (Kaisonic), and all additions by ViolentSpatula (except the awesome stuff in their preview version, like the box view. If you're still around, I'd love the source code for that :-D). Here's my full changelog:

KeySAV2 1.3

* Added available columns: Level, Region, Country, Held Item, Language, Game, Number, PID, Mark, Dex Number, Form

* Fixed "mark" - pentagon mark is now present for all Pokemon created in generation 6

* Fixed "Number" column to be 1-indexed

* Fixed help box to be resizable and able to be kept open while working in the main window

* Added ORAS game support for "Game" and "Region" values

* Fixed superfluous spaces in CSV data

* Added perfect IV marker columns

* Added perfect IV counter column

* Added IV and EV sum columns

* Changed pk6 file output to be in box order rather than species order (for better PkHex support)

* Code refactoring (combined dumpPKX_BV and dumpPKX_SAV)

* Added option to show ESV for hatched Pokemon

* Added option to enclose trainer and Pokemon nicknames in quotes for CSV exports (to prevent problems with commas in either)

And you can download the source or contribute on my newly-created GitHub!

Download and use away! Let me know if you find any bugs or want to suggest any changes!

KeySAV2 1.3.2

-Added "Egg Received" and "Met/Hatched" columns

KeySAV2 1.3.3

- Removed legacy save breaking behavior option (confusing and unnecessary)

- Fixed output text box extending beyond window

- Remove unstable key-breaking code

- Changed CSV custom to allow custom formats

- Show headers once if "Split Boxes" is not checked

- Use "Box" instead of just "B" for headers

- Fixed brackets for ESV appearing in CSV data

- Added columns: experience

- Added translations for "Game" and "Region" columns ("Country" is still English for all)

KeySAV2 1.3.4

- Fixed "Backup SAV" button size

- Fixed empty first line in text output if "Split Boxes" was checked

- Added more descriptive headers ("All Boxes", "Boxes 1-4", etc)

- Fixed shiny star appearing for eggs (it is now a checkmark, like it should be)

- Fixed Unown forms (will now show as "Unown-A", "Unown-D", "Unown-!", etc)

- Added a column for number in the dump (just goes from 1 to number of Pokemon dumped)

- Added Pokerus status columns (Infected and Cured)

- Re-ordered default CSV custom columns to make a little more sense

- To reset your CSV custom format, erase the format from the text box, switch to another format, then switch back to CSV custom and the default will be filled in

- This default is just a specific order of ALL available columns

- This does NOT effect the "CSV default" option, so any program that parses the standard CSV output from this program will still work!

- README.txt file with changelog and full guide now included

- More code refactoring

Edited by Kaisonic

I was wondering if anyone knew the save paths in order to grab my ORAS save file from my SD card for the digital copies, any help would be great.

On your SD card, go in to the Nintendo 3DS folder, then in the alphanumerical folder, then another one, then for OR, it is title\00040000\0011C400\data, for AS, it is \title\00040000\0011C500\data.

So, for example, your Omega Ruby save would be

E:\Nintendo 3DS\*\*\title\00040000\0011c400\data\00000001.sav

Assuming your SD card is drive E, and those two asterisks are a bunch of letters and digits.

Hey guys, just added some more stuff to my KeySAV2 build. Here's the link to download it, and here's the changelog:

KeySAV2 1.3.6 (2014-12-14)

- CSV output file name now defaults to name of the SAV or BV you've opened

- Fixed: IV counter shows "1 IVs"

- Fixed: hatched date for eggs is "2000-00-00"

- Added: "Steps to Hatch" column for eggs

- Added: "Reset to Default" button for CSV custom output

KeySAV2 1.3.5 (2014-12-07)

- Added columns: OT gender, met level, OT friendship, OT affection

- Fixed newlines and file paths for better compatibility

Edited by Kaisonic

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm using KeySAV2 to look at my boxes and I'm up to the part where I have to break the save or something but I have no idea what I'm doing. I own a powersave and I assume that in one slot the powersave file goes in there but what about the other one?

EDIT: So I figured it out but now I'm stuck again. When it came up, I saved the file that breaking the saves produced but I'm looking on the tutorial and it says this:

"--

Save K1 with the suggested filename.

Save K2 with the suggested filename.

Save Blank as Blank.ekx"

What does this mean?

• 3 weeks later...
So I noticed you said you could use Cyber Gadget to get the saves to break and dump. How? I can't figure it out.

If you have CyberGadget you can just back up the encrypted save, just like Powersaves does.

Although, using PKHeX and the decrypted Cyber save is better imo ;)

If you have CyberGadget you can just back up the encrypted save, just like Powersaves does.

Although, using PKHeX and the decrypted Cyber save is better imo ;)

Actually there is a problem. I tried that but I get an error saying it is neither a SAV or a BV file. It is 1 MB is size. Is there any Mass Dumper integration I can use with PKHeX?

[TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line]if (len != 0x100000 && len != 0x10009C)[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

KeySAV2 checks to see if it is a 1MB (no header) or 1MB+0x9C header (Powersaves). I'm not sure exactly what the encrypted backup for CyberGadget is (a la SaveBank), but it should also be 1MB.

[TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line]if (len != 0x100000 && len != 0x10009C)[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

KeySAV2 checks to see if it is a 1MB (no header) or 1MB+0x9C header (Powersaves). I'm not sure exactly what the encrypted backup for CyberGadget is (a la SaveBank), but it should also be 1MB.

Does it check the size on disk or the file size itself? The encrypted files are said to be 1MB but the byte size is a little bit different.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11936[/ATTACH]

Oh, Cyber uses a different type of header.

1048986 bytes - 1024^2 = 410 bytes of header data

delete the first 0x19A bytes in the file and you should be at 0x100000; the code fix is:

replace all instances of [TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line] if (len == 0x100000 || len == 0x10009C)[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

with[TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line] if (len == 0x100000 || len == 0x10009C || len == 0x10019A)[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

edit: src code is updated with this (and the other applicable) logic.

Oh, Cyber uses a different type of header.

1048986 bytes - 1024^2 = 410 bytes of header data

delete the first 0x19A bytes in the file and you should be at 0x100000; the code fix is:

replace all instances of [TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line] if (len == 0x100000 || len == 0x10009C)[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

with[TABLE=class: highlight tab-size-8 js-file-line-container]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: blob-code js-file-line] if (len == 0x100000 || len == 0x10009C || len == 0x10019A)[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

edit: src code is updated with this (and the other applicable) logic.

Is the attachment updated as well or do i need to build the solution in VB

So you fixed the issue with loading the saves to break them but it still says incorrect file size when choosing a save to dump the information.

Edit: Fixed! When you replaced the new lines, you also replace the && operators with || on the opensav_ function.