Khari

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailer will be ready when the demo comes out

Update 8/1/2015:

In the past week or so, I realized that in this point of development, a demo wouldn't represent the finished game well.

I've been planning the mechanics of the battle system and overworld, and at this point in time, I would have to use the default UI.

I'm not saying I'm cancelling the demo and trailer, but I need to take more time to improve it's look, feel, and execution to make it closer to the finished product.

Plus, I have plenty of features that I have yet to implement into the game.

I'd say expect a really nice demo near the end of September.

Edited by Khari

• 3 months later...

It's been going great. Taking longer than expected, but there are a bunch of new features in it now that I didn't have before.

I'm planning on moving this project over to PokéCommunity where there are more similar projects to this one.

This forum will remain open as a carbon copy of the first.

For starters, Pokémon Meta Mercury is Horizontally Dual-Screened with an interface on the small second screen allowing the player to access a ton of easy-to-use applications, such as the Dex Nav and a Type-Effectiveness Calculator implemented to Provide necessary information about the new type chart(more on that later.

Screenshots:

Type Calculator:

Screenshot [1]

Screenshot [2]

Dex Nav:

Screenshot [1]

Edited by Khari

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't see any reason why it would't be released in 2017.

I also expect to have a small demo out by the end of this year.

Side note, the Soundtrack link is back up now!

Another thing,

Please disregard earlier replies to this topic.

These were made back when the game was a different format and going in a different direction.

I actually have MV.

Where's the script editor on this thing?

Edit: never mind MV requires you edit scripts outside of the engine.

I'll look into if it's worth switching immeadiately or porting later.

It would be damn near impossible for you to switch at this point because there is nothing nearing essentials for MV though it may be much easier to implement essentials in MV with javascript.

It would be damn near impossible for you to switch at this point because there is nothing nearing essentials for MV though it may be much easier to implement essentials in MV with javascript.

I think i'll stick to RMXP for now and port to a different engine after first release.

Adding betamon was a big feature of the earlier version of this project, but I'm debating whether or not to include them again.

RMXP games require a high level of optimization to run smoothly on most computers.

I'm working out ways to increase performance on lower end computers, and there will certainly be options to speed up performance in-game.