RMXP: Pokémon Meta Mercury

Khari

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup Guys,

I haven't forgot about or dropped this projet, so no need to worry.

I've lately been solving technicalities on this big upcoming project update.

Some big points I'd like to share before the reveal:

Single Player Content:

-The potential for more new pokémon has drastically increased. There could possibly be a full 100+ dex of new species

-Also, Pokémon have no need to be replaced now, and there is a possibility to catch all 721+ in a single game

-The possibility of new types is also resolved, and the Fairy type has already been implemented

-The traditional Fire/Water/Grass trio is back, but with a twist

-Also, the region is COMPLETELY NEW and not a modification of unova

Multiplayer and Minigames:

-I'm working on compatability with official games all the way up to Gen 6

-There will be a Wifi Lobby and GTS as well as a potential tournament for singles and doubles.

Portability:

-I'm trying to make this Apple/Android compatible without the use of an emulator or rom

Meaning...

This is no longer technically a rom hack

Meaning...

I'll have to make a thread elsewhere...

But, I won't leave you guys in the dust.

The new thread will be linked in this thread when ready.

And that concludes your 2015 E3 Coverage!

:cool: COOL!....release release release!! kidding..take your time..i really like your custom pokemons! Hope there will be mega gallade

Yep! All existing Pokémon will be included. The thing is, however, the Pokémon will be in the gen 5 animated sprite format, so I need as many existing sprites or gifs like that as possible. I think the smogon forum had a topic about it, but any link to a sprite or gif of one will help me dramatically

Yep! All existing Pokémon will be included. The thing is, however, the Pokémon will be in the gen 5 animated sprite format, so I need as many existing sprites or gifs like that as possible. I think the smogon forum had a topic about it, but any link to a sprite or gif of one will help me dramatically

Can we expect a new teaser video soon?:wink:

Yeah! As a matter of fact, I'm working on it now!

The reason that it's been such a gap between now and the first one is that the graphics have drastically changed from being ds rom hack.

I'm trying to keep as similar with Bw2 Sprites and overworld tiles, but a lot will change.

Edited by Khari

Yeah! As a matter of fact, I'm working on it now!

The reason that it's been such a gap between now and the first one is that the graphics have drastically changed from being ds rom hack.

I'm trying to keep as similar with Bw2 Sprites and overworld tiles, but a lot will change.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Can we expect Full HD(1920x1080) graphics :P?

so i could be wrong but from what i can tell this game is no longer a rom hack. am i wrong? and if thats the case then my question is will you ever release the work you did on the rom hack before it became um. whatever it is now(not sure to be honest). so i know that you probably dont have much for the rom hack being that you changed the project but it would still be cool to mess around with.

so i could be wrong but from what i can tell this game is no longer a rom hack. am i wrong? and if thats the case then my question is will you ever release the work you did on the rom hack before it became um. whatever it is now(not sure to be honest). so i know that you probably dont have much for the rom hack being that you changed the project but it would still be cool to mess around with.

Right, It is now being developed in Essentials, which means i'll be moving the thread soon. I never released the rom version, mostly because I spent most of my time in development trying to make things work.

The new system should still be compatible with existing games in the form of exporting pokemon.

I'm working on a method of writing a file for a given pokemon in a box either in a rom, save file, or pokeGen/PkHex and allowing them to move to and fro both games.

Obviously, they will be existing ones only, but that's not to say there won't be a benefit to getting pokémon in this new game and bringing them over.

As for the BW2 rom, I can't write a patch for it, due to changing file locations and sizes throughout development, so I can't distribute it.

A Demo should be coming soon, but I'm trying to figure out some logistics for planning beta releases and general mechanics first.

Also, I'm Reworking the title and a bit of other things about the project, but in essence, the main goal and play should be same just better executed.

On another tangent,

I want to reveal the starters, but I'm still trying to design the fire starter.

If you all have any ideas, they will be greatly appreciated!

Right, It is now being developed in Essentials, which means i'll be moving the thread soon. I never released the rom version, mostly because I spent most of my time in development trying to make things work.

The new system should still be compatible with existing games in the form of exporting pokemon.

I'm working on a method of writing a file for a given pokemon in a box either in a rom, save file, or pokeGen/PkHex and allowing them to move to and fro both games.

Obviously, they will be existing ones only, but that's not to say there won't be a benefit to getting pokémon in this new game and bringing them over.

As for the BW2 rom, I can't write a patch for it, due to changing file locations and sizes throughout development, so I can't distribute it.

A Demo should be coming soon, but I'm trying to figure out some logistics for planning beta releases and general mechanics first.

Also, I'm Reworking the title and a bit of other things about the project, but in essence, the main goal and play should be same just better executed.

On another tangent,

i see..well about the fire starter. why not just literally make it fire. who said it needed to be a type of animal? :3

On another tangent,

Well,what about a Rapidash spin-off-kinda-starter? The last evolution could be a FLAMING PEGASUS!!!

Yes,Fire/Flying sucks ass but the design would be killer!!!

Here's some concept art *work in progress*:

FLAMING_PEGASUS_0.jpg

So.... this release will still be playable for NDS right? Because I'm not quite sure I understand how you put it in your posts. LOL. Anyway, kudos to you for making this bro. Was hoping I could be one of your testers.

As for that fire type starter, why not make a fire-flying eagle or hawk. lightning speed, great attack stat, decent-low Def and SpD, decent SpA

So.... this release will still be playable for NDS right? Because I'm not quite sure I understand how you put it in your posts. LOL. Anyway, kudos to you for making this bro. Was hoping I could be one of your testers.

As for that fire type starter, why not make a fire-flying eagle or hawk. lightning speed, great attack stat, decent-low Def and SpD, decent SpA

No, This project is no longer playable on NDS even with a flashcart.

The first full release will be for PC/MAC, and expect an android port as well soon after, so that It can be played portable like a mobile emulator.

I'm not yet at the testing phase, but stay tuned for when I ask people to sign up to test.

Good Idea, but the problem is, we have just received Talonflame in this last generation, which would make the typing and concept near redundant.

Also, wouldn't Fire/Flying be super weak to early game rock types?

I'm leaning towards semi/bipedal, and I also have the typing already determined ;)

No, This project is no longer playable on NDS even with a flashcart.

The first full release will be for PC/MAC, and expect an android port as well soon after, so that It can be played portable like a mobile emulator.

I'm not yet at the testing phase, but stay tuned for when I ask people to sign up to test.

Good Idea, but the problem is, we have just received Talonflame in this last generation, which would make the typing and concept near redundant.

Also, wouldn't Fire/Flying be super weak to early game rock types?

I'm leaning towards semi/bipedal, and I also have the typing already determined ;)

I see. Now I'm excited to be playing this in a PC. Care to share what PC specs work with your project? I only got an i3. LOL.

Awww :( Well,I'm hoping for a cool type combo then - like Fire/Poison or something like that.

The starter's type combos serve a purpose in the game.

That's why I already have them set in stone.

I think it's a pretty cool typing though!

Roughly, when will it be released?

It's hard to say at this point in time, as I have things to work on in it that I didn't with the DS, such as tile sprites, rigging and animating sprites, reprogramming the mechanics of the game.

It's all going pretty smoothly though, with my only current roadblock being finding quality sprites for gen 6 pokémon and mega evolutions.

In august, I'll have to take some time off to adjust to school, maybe a month, so...

Expect a demo release at the end of summer!