Live party viewer? (utilizing the RAM to display current team)

Hey guys...

I've searched Google and these forums for an answer, but is there a way to read Pokemon B2/W2's RAM live from an emulator such as DeSmuME to display the party Pokemon team in a GUI? I'm asking this because I'm doing a live stream of a randomizer Pokemon Black 2, and I want to show my party in real time. I know TwitchPlaysPokemon has something like this (see below).

pokemon party viewer tpp.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :redface:

EDIT: I hope I'm not in the wrong forum or anything, so please don't close this thread yet.

583dcff272844_pokemonpartyviewertpp.png.

Edited by YoshiOG1

There are no programs that have been posted.

Just open desmume's process with your program, and find the PKM data. Decrypt it then display.

Oh... So there isn't even something like a LUA script that can dump the PKM's from the RAM to a file?

Either way, thanks for the advice.

UPDATE: I did it!

I basically just modified Kaphotics's LUA script to write the Party Pokemon's Pokedex #'s to a .txt file, and from there, I wrote a Python script to interpret that file and replace pictures in a folder with the appropriate sprites from another folder.

If anybody wants a bundle with the files for doing this, let me know. (I'll include a Readme, too, but it might be somewhat complicated)

Thanks a bunch, Kaphotics!

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE: I did it!

I basically just modified Kaphotics's LUA script to write the Party Pokemon's Pokedex #'s to a .txt file, and from there, I wrote a Python script to interpret that file and replace pictures in a folder with the appropriate sprites from another folder.

If anybody wants a bundle with the files for doing this, let me know. (I'll include a Readme, too, but it might be somewhat complicated)

Thanks a bunch, Kaphotics!

Can I have the files? I want to try this out. Is there any way to modify it for gen 3/4?

Can I have the files? I want to try this out. Is there any way to modify it for gen 3/4?

I don't really know how to make it work for Gen 3 or Gen 4, but I'd be glad to share the files, including the modified LUA script and a Python script which is required for copying sprite files from one folder to another. I'll edit this once I have the files ready.

EDIT: Files are (kind of) ready, at least for B2/W2... Here:

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0By1p7rZvEVGiV3VOejZPY3VaTUU

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I was wondering if there are plans to make a version of this available for Black and White 1? I don't really know how to edit the existing files to make them compatible...

Edit: A name, level, and HP display would also be nice, if possible...

Edited by JordanTH

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I was wondering if there are plans to make a version of this available for Black and White 1? I don't really know how to edit the existing files to make them compatible...

Edit: A name, level, and HP display would also be nice, if possible...

This is the script I made for tpp

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?39122-4th-and-5th-gen-misc-info-reading-scripts