Pokemon characteristic Question

Yangbo

I'm obsessed over the details of pokemon and one of them is the Pokemon Characteristics (The ones that are based off of the Pokemon's IV).

We all know that pokemon's highest IV is displayed as their characteristic. Like a 31 spd IV as the pokemon's highest IV would have "Alert to Sound". I was wondering which stat takes precedent over the others. Like if the pokemon's spd, and atk are 31 would it show "alert to sound" or "Likes to thrash about" I originally thought it went like

Hp>Atk>Def>Satk>Sdef>Spd (Since that's the order shown on the Summary List)

but I tested it out and it wasn't the case. Does anyone know or is this still a mystery.

Sorry to be troublesome, but Im still confused about this topic. Just to clear up, you said that the PID Mod 6 returns a # from 0 - 5 to each of the IVs in the order of HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense. This is where I was lost. If let's say the PID Mod 6 returned 3,1,2,5,4,0 respectively. Does it mean that Special Def checked first (since a 0 was returned) and followed up by Atk (1), Def (2), HP (3) Special Atk (4) and finally Speed (5) and if there was a tie in the highest IV the latter of the IV gets displayed. Sorry even with your explanations I'm still not sure

Btw is PID mod 6 a program? If so where can I get it?

Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for all the help!

Okay, I don't think you're understanding what Mod does. Did you read the article I linked to?

I'll give you an example.

Let's say we have a PKM with the following IVs:

HP: 31

ATK: 25

DEF: 4

SPEED: 6

SPATK: 30

SPDEF: 31

You go to determine the Characteristic, but there is a tie in IVs between HP and SPDEF (both are 31).

Now, let's say that PKM's PID is 3203386106. You do this:

3203386106 Mod 6 = 2

The result is 2, so the corresponding IV is DEF. Therefore, you look at the DEF IV, and see that the value is less than the tie value. You move on to the next IV in the sequence, which is SPEED. Speed is also not part of the tie. Neither is the next one, SPATK. The next one is SPDEF, and that is part of the tie... therefore the Characteristic will be "Somewhat vain".

If the SPDEF IV had not been part of the tie, the next IV to check would be HP; if the HP IV was part of the tie, the Characteristic would have been "Often dozes off" instead.

You get it now?