Question about Pal-Park/Wifi Trading

Torte de Lini

When Wifi-Trading/ Using Pal Park, how does the origins look like?

Like let's say I hatched a Chancey in Sapphire and I used Pal Park to catch it?

What would it's origins be like?

Eggs hatched?

Met at place?

Region?

Hex Value?

Same question for Wifi Trading? If I caught something from Pal park and then traded it from Pearl to Platinum, will it keep it's information?

This is the only thing that confuses me when trying to replicate pokemon from pal park or traded...

Pal Park looks like this:

Nature

Date that it was Pal-Parked on

[area it's native to]*

Arrived at lvl whatever

The area that appears is ONLY where it's native from, not the game it was migrated from.

Like Mewtwo can ONLY be from Kanto, regardless of what game it was Pal-Parked from.

For example:

Mewtwo originally captured on Fire Red - Traded to Emerald - Pal Parked to Diamond will say "Kanto"

The three options are:

Kanto (Fr/LG)

Distant Land (Gamecube games)

Hoenn (R/S/E)

And you can't Pal-Park eggs, and Pal-Park Pokemon cannot have any HM moves. The most notable loss is the Flying Pikachu from the third gen.

Pal-Park Pokemon do not change at all when they are traded.

As for hex, I believe that's addressed on the main site.

This explains a lot.

So if I hatched my Chancey in Sapphire, caught it via Pal-Park and traded, it'll state the following?: Hoenn

The date I met it

And the Region/Version is Sapphire.

As for Hex Value: 00 seems to be it.

What about trades? (no relation to Pal Park).

If I trade an egg and it hatches, will it state me as the OT or where it originally was received.

Example: John gets an egg from Diamond.

He gives it to Tom who hatches it in Fuego Ironworks.

So... Egg received would be: Day Care Couple

And Met at level 0, in Fuego Ironworks.

OT would be... Tom or John?

Is the rest correct as well?

The egg OT/ID# would be whoever hatches the egg, not the OT/ID who obtained the egg.

If you trade an egg via D/P, it'll look something like this:

Nature

Date

Link Trade

If you hatch an egg yourself, it'll look like

Nature

Date the egg was obtained

Day Care Couple

Hatched at [wherever]

Date the egg was hatched

description

description

And if you trade something that you hatched, add the words "Apparently hatched" or something like that.

What about Pokemon from XD/Colosseum.

I was downloading some event pokemon and I saw that one of them said as the Met status: "(Pal Park)".

Is this possible? I thought it kept the original place it was caught and then when being transferred via Pal Park, it keeps what it was originally met...

I don't think it's possible.

From what I remember, when you use Pal Park, it just tells which region the pokemon came from, ie. a pokemon from Ruby would be "Apparently met in Hoenn" or something like that.

Not sure though.

Hey guys, it's me again.

I recently downloaded a Pokebox event Zigzagoon pokemon with extremespeed.

When I loaded it on pokesav, it said: "Met at place: (Pal Park)"

Is this possible? This is a GBA Event category pokemon.

Lastly, do I need to change any of the Hex Values for it?

Do any hex values need to be changed for pokemon that we got from events and want to transition them to Platinum (through pokesav and not trading)

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

This is for a lot of event Pokemon actually, including xD ones.

I guess I shouldn't touch them?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I'm getting pretty mad now.

Almost all the legendary pokemon I've downloaded say Pal Park as the place I've met them...

Is this normal?

Having it say (Pal Park) in Pokesav makes sense for stuff from Colo, xD and Box. For the original of the Pokemon to get from any of those games to D/P/P, it would have first been traded to a GBA game, and then migrated, so as far as D/P/P is concerned, it would have to have gone through Pal Park. Check the Pokemon's summary in-game; the Colo and xD stuff should say Distant Land in the summary, and the Box ones should say the region, like Hoenn.

Okay, so even though it says (Pal Park), in-game, it will say Distant Land, etc. etc. if the hometown is set correctly?

Can I do this with all pokemon?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

And will I need to change their hex values if I'm putting them on Platinum (To be technical, Pal Park to Pearl to Platinum)

How honorable! A developer!

Now, what if I wanted to change my Pearl Pokemon to Platinum. Meaning, replicating their origins as if I caught them on Platinum and trained them on Platinum.

Will their hex values need to change? I read a bit that the hex values get a lot more complicated.

Also, what of pokemon I caught on Diamond and put them on Platinum (just like if I had traded them with two DSes, thus they keep their Diamond origins, OT, etc.), any hex values needed to be changed in order to make them appear legitimate?

If I did that, then I would need Wifi Linked trades that are equal or greater than the number of pokemon that I have (since my Trainer Card states how many times I've been linked and traded)

and I have about 10 completed boxes of specifically designed pokemon.

Believe me, I've thought of everything D:

The second problem is that the journal logs everything by date, so if I send National Pokedex pokemon before collecting Sinnoh Dex, then I would look illegit.

Yes, I'm that precise in my work D: