A Problem with EV Training in Platinum

Stu-Stu22

I recently decided to pick up on the art of EV Training, and I'm a little confused.

I'm trying to train my Tropius's Sp.Atk:

-I'm using a Power Lens

-I gave it as many berries as I could to lower it's attack and speed EVs

-It has the cured PokeRus effect

-I'm on route 208, battling Budew, Roselia, and Raltz in order to gain EVs

-I have no idea what my EV levels are at, so I'm just guessing that if I keep gaining EVs in Sp. Atk, the stat should increase

After defeating 20+ of the pokemon listed above, my Tropius grew to level 41 and gained +22 points to it's Sp.Atk stat. Then I just ran to the Sandgem area, took out a badoof quickly, and used the super exp. gain AR cheat to gain a level, and now my Sp.Atk only goes up +3 points...

Do EVs reset after a pokemon grows a level?

I recently decided to pick up on the art of EV Training, and I'm a little confused.

I'm trying to train my Tropius's Sp.Atk:

-I'm using a Power Lens

-I gave it as many berries as I could to lower it's attack and speed EVs

-It has the cured PokeRus effect

-I'm on route 208, battling Budew, Roselia, and Raltz in order to gain EVs

-I have no idea what my EV levels are at, so I'm just guessing that if I keep gaining EVs in Sp. Atk, the stat should increase

After defeating 20+ of the pokemon listed above, my Tropius grew to level 41 and gained +22 points to it's Sp.Atk stat. Then I just ran to the Sandgem area, took out a badoof quickly, and used the super exp. gain AR cheat to gain a level, and now my Sp.Atk only goes up +3 points...

Do EVs reset after a pokemon grows a level?

Well...the stats you gained don't reset (unless you didn't save your game before you turned it off) but once you gain a level that work you did went away into the stats and it shows there not on the next level up. If you want the same results as the first time you are going to have to duplicate the process. Hope this helped

If drifloon was a starter it would rock the world

Pokemonfan

Aye mate, you get +1 stat point for every 4 Ev's allocated to a specific stat.

Think of it this way

Total EV's = 252

Ev's Gained during current exp stage = 80

On level up the amount of stat points you would get are: 20 ( 80/4 = 20 stat points ) despite having 252 total.

O.o Did you just agree with me? O.o

If drifloon was a starter it would rock the world

Pokemonfan

Does no one read my posts?

:(

;)

The first problem is that you should keep close track of the EVs you obtain so you don't spend too little or too much time EVing your Pokemon.

Then, realize that you won't see the effects of the EVs immediately; the extra stat points that come from EV training are evenly distributed as your Pokemon grows to level 100. It's gradual.

Yes Ma'am although honestly just going to the old chateau and killing ghastly's is faster as they die incredibly quickly and give 1 special attack EV per kill and have a 100% encounter rate :D

And yea for the most part is it gradual, but to make up for a rapid flux in EV's the game will add more for one level depending on how many you got. Like getting all 252 special attack EV's would give you more than +3 for that level. Or wiping ev's at 98 and getting 2 stats to max would give like +63 for that level.

@Pokemonfan Yes, I agree'd with you haha.

Yes Ma'am although honestly just going to the old chateau and killing ghastly's is faster as they die incredibly quickly and give 1 special attack EV per kill and have a 100% encounter rate :D

O.o so you did agree with me?

:D That is what I did with my drifloon because all of the moves I wanted for it are the special class so I killed gastly after gastly!