Shiny Ho-Oh - Unknown GBA Type

gokufan

I've got it from trade, it's pal parked from Emerald, everything like trashbytes is valid, but it shows as "Unknown GBA Type" in legality checker. Is it all right? I've checked a normal navel rock Ho-oh from this site and it's "Normal GBA or NDS"

I've got it from trade, it's pal parked from Emerald, everything like trashbytes is valid, but it shows as "Unknown GBA Type" in legality checker. Is it all right? I've checked a normal navel rock Ho-oh from this site and it's "Normal GBA or NDS"

probably it's hacked, because MATTLE Ho-oh can't be shiny

Being shiny wouldnt make it say unknown gba type, it seems very likely that your ho-oh is poorly hacked, i dont think legit navel rock ones would ever say that, perhaps it was made by using the AR code to encounter any pokemon in the wild or the all shiny code.

It doesnt matter anyway because ho-oh is gonna be common soon, when HG & SS come out :grog:

Unfortunately it was very common for people to make poor hacks of Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. During the GBA era, not many people knew about the algorithms and truly believed that the PID was sufficiently random. This means that 99% of shiny stuff out there are hacks (which we now know obviously).