We NEED pokegen for gen 6 pokemon :(

planetpatrick

so for you who use pokegen, have you heard an updates about pokegen for gen 6 pokemon?

You can read the PKHeX topics (the successor to Pokegen for all intents and purposes) to get all the info you want to know, including all of the reasons why you cannot inject things. There is no exact ETA on when that will happen. Bond and Slashmolder are working on that problem and you can get those updates on the front page.

You can read the PKHeX topics (the successor to Pokegen for all intents and purposes) to get all the info you want to know, including all of the reasons why you cannot inject things. There is no exact ETA on when that will happen. Bond and Slashmolder are working on that problem and you can get those updates on the front page.

ok thanks

the successor to Pokegen for all intents and purposes

If only I could delete posts still. There can't be a successor when there's no available way to modify game data yet. Kaphotics wants nothing but endless attention. You shouldn't give it to him.

If only I could delete posts still. There can't be a successor when there's no available way to modify game data yet. Kaphotics wants nothing but endless attention. You shouldn't give it to him.

I know that you can't fully modify game data yet, which is why I followed up with this

You can read the PKHeX topics (the successor to Pokegen for all intents and purposes) to get all the info you want to know, including all of the reasons why you cannot inject things. There is no exact ETA on when that will happen.

If you have a running battle with Kaphotics, that's fine. However, it doesn't change the fact that the UI is practically identical, you can view game data from a backed up save, and it is primed to be used as an editing tool if a way is found to reinsert the save. If that doesn't make it the closest that you can get to a successor right now, I don't know what is, which doesn't really make my post deserving of deletion just because you don't happen to like Kaphotics apparently.

If you had any idea the type of ridiculous garbage he does on a regular basis, you wouldn't be trying to justify what you said. It also doesn't matter whether or not you think your post should be deleted, because it wouldn't have been up to you.

You see "it's nearly identical, that's great for me", I see "I'm doing yet more copying of someone else's work", as is typical for him. That and claiming credit for things he didn't do. Everything he does is for attention. It's disgusting.

I know what he does. I've seen him on other forums. He does seem to like the attention (which all hackers love when you get down to it), but it doesn't change the fact that the current tools do have their uses. If you have a better alternative, why don't you come out of retirement and provide one? In the end, the public will decide what it likes best.

As far as your disdain for my post goes, I guess I'm just lucky that you can't delete any post just because you don't like a rival hacker. I did however answer what the OP wanted to know, let him know the current alternative, and let it be known that there was no ETA on injection. If this has bruised your ego some, well I can't help that. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole exchange gets modded.

I know what he does. I've seen him on other forums. He does seem to like the attention (which all hackers love when you get down to it), but it doesn't change the fact that the current tools do have their uses. If you have a better alternative, why don't you come out of retirement and provide one? In the end, the public will decide what it likes best.

I totally agree. I for one, really appreciate his work. While others seem to have entirely given up doing research on Gen VI, he quite on the contrary, is still working hard at it.

Edited by Eirikr

Hey everyone, I'm new here but not new to pokemon. I've been playing since the red and blue days of old, lol. I came across this site years later and started using the pokegen and thinking that it was the next best thing to sliced bread. It's a shame that it won't be working anymore because from a game hacking point of view it really helped out. But of coarse with the fall of an empire a new one is born. What I'm talking about of coarse is a device called Powersave, from the creator's of the mighty cheating device known as Action Replay. I just started using it with my x and y games to fill that void that pokegen left behind. After a few days using the device and getting almost every remaining pokemon I needed for both games a light at the end of the tunnel appeared in my mind. Powersave runs off a server that Datel the company that created action replay that they edit and add codes and take away codes. I wonder if it was possible that someone out there that could make there own server with a program that you can use a side from the Datel one that you could basically build a pokemon or even pick one per-made from there own server, create a powersave from it and then play your x and y with the pokemon you wanted all along. I not asking for this, I'm just putting it out there because I wouldn't have the first clue how to do something like that. I have the vision only, it's up to you, to make it happen.

Atleast Kaphotics is trying anyways.

True enough, but if nothing can be done, the powersave thing maybe the only way. But where there is a will there is a way. And I'm sure something will turn up, but until then I'll just use my powersave to get 718 pokemon anyways. Still having no luck in getting the three legendary event ones. I could have gotten a Diancie but I didn't get my powersave in time oh well they said they'll re-release the code again soon.

With current research and resources, there is no way to edit things in the 6th generation. Until there's much more, there will be no update to Pokegen, nor will there be a successor.

I'm closing this thread now, both because the original question has been answered, and it started to deviate from the original topic, accusing other members of stealing work.

Edited by evandixon