A Bug, On Purpose, or a One Off?

ImANinja

I'm not sure, If this is a bug, whether it was just a one off bug, or repeatable, i'll try again later on & I'm not sure if there's a thread on it, so sorry if there is :P

Anyway, I'll tell you mywhole story, since I'm bored.

So, I was looking for a Machamp, and went to GTS and put in an offer, Machoke for Machoke and left it there, and couldn't find any other Machoke offers I could do, so I looked at Machamp, and saw Turtwig Any Level/Female Gender (Didn't realise this >.<) , and I had a Torterra, so *yay irl*.

So I went to the Daycare, Bred a Turtwig, Hatched it, went back, annnnnnd it was male, and I need female (FML). So, back to Daycare and bred more until a female came out. Back to GTS and traded it, Got my Machamp.

Went to summary and my Machoke hadn't traded so I canceled, while my pokeball was coming back I went downstairs to grab a drink, came back upstairs, and saw the "What?" evouloution screen, I thought "What the hell? o_O" and my Machoke evolved from being canceled from traded.

Maybe it was jsut me, but I always thought trades had to be completed for them to evolve, and not just canceled O_O.

So like, has anyone else had this "bug"? Hell, is it even a bug for that matter? If it can be repeated though, will save me alot of time filling up my pokedex :D I haven't had time to try it again yet, but will do soon.

In my experience, a Pokemon you've put up for trade will evolve if you complete another trade, and then remove the Pokemon you hosted from the GTS. Though after reading your story, you may not need to actually complete the other trade, but just attempt to do so?

I have had a Kadabra evolve after taking it back from the GTS once I completed a trade between starter Pokemon. Perhaps the GTS is just full of glitches though, I dunno.

This is a bug in the GTS. (Don't know if it works in Platinum.)

If you deposit a trade-evolve pokemon in the GTS (holding an item if needed), then make a completed GTS trade, then take the trade-evolve pokemon back, it will evolve as if traded.

This is a bug in the GTS. (Don't know if it works in Platinum.)

If you deposit a trade-evolve pokemon in the GTS (holding an item if needed), then make a completed GTS trade, then take the trade-evolve pokemon back, it will evolve as if traded.

That will be handy ;)

It works on Platinum aswell then, Since that is the version I have ^_^