PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.05

Jiggy-Ninja

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need any help with the battle videos, I've got plenty of spare time (if I'm not playing scribblenauts :)). The only problem being my lack of saves which contain battle videos... I'm not sure if I even have one :D.

We have a few.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showpost.php?p=42626&postcount=14

Plus I already have a thread dedicated to this.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3319

Hey guys, I'm having trouble loading a save on PPSE, I just get a "Invalid File" response when I try. I know I'm a noob but I've looked through this thread, it's a 512kb save and I've changed the INI from Compressed to RAW. Is there something I should be doing before trying to load it that I just missed or what?

It wouldn't happen to be an HG/SS save file, would it?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Be sure to find the location specifying if the current battle video "exists". When it is deleted, it isn't really.

I tried finding this before, but no luck.

I have attached an old project file for Sav Hacker Toolkit. Hope it helps, but no gaurentees.

It's not about specifying whether the video exists or not, it's abut specifying which side of the save has the current block for that video.

2E 00 00 00 DC 00 00 00 2C CF 00 00 23 06 06 20 00 00 B8 A1

The key to that lies, I think, in the bolded section of the small block save footer, located at 0xCF18 in Platinum save files.

Oddly enough, I have found the same value inside the big block footer too.

2E 00 00 00 6B 00 00 00 E4 21 01 00 23 06 06 20 01 00 A5 A6

I forgot what exactly made my suspicious about this area, but something did catch my eye, I'm sure of that.

I tried examining the footers of the video blocks themselves, but all the ones I saw were identical to each other (except for the checksum at the end), even in saves that originated from different cartridges.

It wouldn't happen to be an HG/SS save file, would it?

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

It's not about specifying whether the video exists or not, it's abut specifying which side of the save has the current block for that video.

2E 00 00 00 DC 00 00 00 2C CF 00 00 23 06 06 20 00 00 B8 A1

The key to that lies, I think, in the bolded section of the small block save footer, located at 0xCF18 in Platinum save files.

Oddly enough, I have found the same value inside the big block footer too.

2E 00 00 00 6B 00 00 00 E4 21 01 00 23 06 06 20 01 00 A5 A6

I forgot what exactly made my suspicious about this area, but something did catch my eye, I'm sure of that.

I tried examining the footers of the video blocks themselves, but all the ones I saw were identical to each other (except for the checksum at the end), even in saves that originated from different cartridges.

I don't even know what HG/SS save file is if that's aimed at me.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I have a 'working' linux binary compiled for i686 on arch. the problem that I currently have with it, and the reason I have quotes arrount working, is that it is unable to open any save files with the error(on the cli): QFile::seek: IODevice is not open.

If you don't have time to fix this soon, don't let me know and I will look into it on thursday.

It is a Pl save and from a AceKard 2i

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to this project? It hasn't been updated in forever, and I'd like to see HGSS save editing on here because editing with the latest version of Pokesav for HGSS doesn't help me that much, even when I use that Applocale thing with it (that doesn't work at all because of Japanese characters becoming question marks or not appearing at all after saving the changes to the sav file).