PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.05

Jiggy-Ninja

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the save file, I can't see any structure to it, what did you use to get the save file?

It was just a save file I got from GameFAQS to test my diamond rom.

I'll try it tomorrow when my DSL with DSTT arrives.

I can't get PPSE to work. I have Vista and I have tried it in compatibility mode. I have redownloaded it 4 times but still doesn't work.

I use a sav file off of my flashcard which I just copy and pasted. I tried two Platinum sav files. Both were 512 kb.

I can load it but when I click Pokemon it freezes and when I try to complete the Pokedex, it says save file is corrupt when I try to play.

So I was wondering what the problem was.

I can't get PPSE to work. I have Vista and I have tried it in compatibility mode. I have redownloaded it 4 times but still doesn't work.

I use a sav file off of my flashcard which I just copy and pasted. I tried two Platinum sav files. Both were 512 kb.

I can load it but when I click Pokemon it freezes and when I try to complete the Pokedex, it says save file is corrupt when I try to play.

So I was wondering what the problem was.

What kind of flashcart do you use?

I have vista (32bit) as well, and I don't have to go into compatibility mode when I use it.

Since you said it freezes when you try to complete the pokedex,

I assume you have no problems loading it and everything.

Plus I'm also assuming that you already acquired the pokedex,

Cause I have no idea what will happen if you try to complete it before you even receive it.

I'm guessing your flashcart may have issues with sav structures or something, I dunno.

Basically I read somewhere saying that you should save your file twice in consecutive,

Than transfer the file to you com and save it.

Also, you may want to upload your save file here so that others which is more experienced

Can help you check it :D

I have an Acekard 2. I have Vista 32 if that matters. I have the regular Pokedex, but not the National Pokedex.

I played a little more and saved three times in a row on my Acekard 2. I then uploaded it to my computer by dragging and dropping. I loaded it fine in PPSE and tried the Pokemon Button to go to your PC boxes and party. I downloaded a pkm file and dropped it in Box 1. I save then put the save file back on my Acekard 2. I start the game but it says save file is corrupted, and loads the previous file. So it is like I never put the pokemon in my PC.

I think for this case,

Maybe PPSE can read your sav file,

But something goes wrong after you click the "save" button.

Perhaps the sav file saved by PPSE isn't compatible with your flashcard,

(even though in that case you shouldn't be 'corrupted', it should be 'deleted').

For this, we shall wait for the experts' consulation,

(i have no idea where they all been)

Hello Jiggy-Ninja,

I have noticed with some of the Natures of the pokemon, that they are misspelled. Like Relaxed coming up as Reaxled or something like that. Is there a way when you next release, that you go through and check for typos?

Regards,

Ryuragnas

PS. +10 for writing this program.

anyway HEY EVERYONE!

Hows the development with the PPSE!

I'm sure everyone is anticipating the next release of this awesome program!

Anyway just a random random question,

After HGSS releases, how long do you think it will take before it is compatible to HGSS? :D

anyway HEY EVERYONE!

Hows the development with the PPSE!

Slow.

I'm sure everyone is anticipating the next release of this awesome program!

I'm sure they are.

After HGSS releases, how long do you think it will take before it is compatible to HGSS? :D

Hm....couple days at most, maybe less.

As soon as the save file has been mapped, and the checksum fixed (I wish I knew how, then I would start on Mystery Dungeon 1+2).

This would be a job for my program in the R&D forum (Sav Hacker Toolkit) in a dead thread (mainly because I haven't touched in a long while.)

• 2 weeks later...
I am presuming you have a mental list of what you plan on doing next. Would resetting flags in the game (re-battling legendaries, etc.) be near the beginning of said list or is that still down the road?

No, what's high on my list at the moment is

1) Finishing the Pokemon Editor. (Really want to get this done)

2) Research HG/SS, and add in the capability to read it's saves. I've already found a few major pieces in the save file.

3) Research Platinum Battle Videos. I REALLY want to make a BV editor.

No, what's high on my list at the moment is

1) Finishing the Pokemon Editor. (Really want to get this done)

2) Research HG/SS, and add in the capability to read it's saves. I've already found a few major pieces in the save file.

3) Research Platinum Battle Videos. I REALLY want to make a BV editor.

Oohh good :) Keep it all up! I am so excited!

----- Bug Report -----

I edit the Pokedex of my save file, and it corrupts the Party Pokemon. I have atatchedtwo save files: Pokemon Platinum - Copy.sav is the original before editing, and Pokemon Platinum.sav is after I have restored them back to health with Nurse Joy. Before I did that, they each had their real HP out of what is in the attached.

Pokemon Platinum.sav

Pokemon Platinum - Copy.sav

Pokemon Platinum.sav

Pokemon Platinum - Copy.sav

Easier said than done.

I have not found how to even exchange the first battle video yet (mainly to lack of time an motivation), and haven't even seen the second battle video in the save file.

There are some values that I"ve found in the small block footer (and I think in the big block footer) that appear to be related to deciding which of the battle video blocks are the current ones. Likely, those were tripping you up when you tried to swap out battle videos.

The locations are simple. They are all 0x2000 bytes apart, IIRC. First is 0x24000, second 0x26000, etc.

There's also some header information that needs to be worked out, like the names of the participants, their Friend Codes, the video's ID#, etc.

However, that's the easy stuff, trust me. It could be done in a few days of concentrated effort, easy. The real problem is that the Battle Video's script is encrypted, and that needs to be broken before we have any chance of actually editing the content of a Battle Video.

----- Bug Report -----

I edit the Pokedex of my save file, and it corrupts the Party Pokemon. I have atatchedtwo save files: Pokemon Platinum - Copy.sav is the original before editing, and Pokemon Platinum.sav is after I have restored them back to health with Nurse Joy. Before I did that, they each had their real HP out of what is in the attached.

A known bug.

HG/SS research is underway at the moment.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

I can now auto-detect HGSS saves.