PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.05

Jiggy-Ninja

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per design ideas for editing pokemon, I guess I'll pitch.

When editing a pokemon, it should be split up between multiple sections, each shown as tabs. The tabs can be top or bottom, or make it an option. The tabs should be split up like this:

1. Pokemon Information

- Species

- Hold Item

- TID

- SID

- Level

- Exp

- Happiness

- PID with IV/PID & some sort of generator for eggs (make that more clear)

- Name

- OT

- OT Gender

2. Stat Information

- IVs

- EVs

- Stats Edit

3. Contest Information

ribbons, stats, etc.

4. Moveset

- ...yeah, and PP stuff

5. Meeting and Eggs

- Date met

- Level met

- Ball caught with

- Region / language

- Marking

- Same stuff, with bred pokemon

- Egg info

6. Hex and Formes

- Hex info (should be automatically filled, and make that noted)

- Formes

The ability and class should be inherently linked for each pokemon. PIDs should be searchable by type. The IV/PID generator should be much more in depth then the one Pokesav comes with. It should still be pretty simple. You should also take snippets of project pokemon's guide on each function and put them in one of those little mouseover ? icons, where it gives you some info on what to put in if you mouseover.

There should also be a "simplified" version for people that have inserted there .sav file. The simplified version should just contain a few tabs:

1. Pokemon Information

- Species

- Held Item

- Name

- Level (but not exp)

- Happiness (should have a 'default' and a 'max' button)

- PID (keep it like the advanced version)

- Pokerus

- Ability

2. Stats

- IVs

- EVs (NOT an all 255 button)

- There should be a stats edit button, but put a warning on there somewhere and make the max stats automatic

3. Moves

- Moveset and PP info

4. Other

- Forme

- Date met

- Egg stuff

Make everything in this section more clear, more simplified

In any case, keep it much simpler and make everything have a help section. Make the simplified version default but have a settings and make it switchable easily. Try to make a lot of things automatic, although that makes a lot more work... =|

Still, kudos for making this. I hope it continues well.

- EVs (NOT an all 255 button)

- There should be a stats edit button, but put a warning on there somewhere and make the max stats automatic

I agree with the no 255 button.

Why not make a button which can choose to max which stat you want,

Or a random stat placement (which will add up to the max of 510)

And maybe at the end of the entire editor,

There is the Legit Checker.

(However this legit checker should work only for non-events and existing events till now,

As updating it whenever there is an event will be quite a pain I guess)

Plus another suggestion is for the Spinda Editor, to allow it to be done for shiny spindas :D

Hello all,

I went to compile this on Ubuntu 9.04 with Qt 4.5.0, and QtCreator 1.2.0. It errored out, saying that it had build issues. It had one in ppse.h on line 6, one from main.cpp on line 2, and that the default argument for parameter of type PkmnGenders has type bool. To me it looks like the data types weren't initialized, or set properly.

This is coming from my limited experience with Java, so I don't understand Qt or C/C++, but is that a possible case?

Hi! I have a similar problem with the "Invalid file". The difference is that I'm just playing on my PC. After apllying these tips:

3) Load up that Ripped save file with no$gba (make sure the .ini line that says save type has been changed from Uncompress to RAW)

4) Once the game is loaded save your game twice again and exit no$gba (this should fix the file size and other random stuff)

5) Use the 'new' save made by no$gba and load it up to PPSE

the size of my save file changed from 520 KB to 80,8 KB, however it's still invalid. How can I fix it?

POKEMON_PLATINUM_USA_iND.SAV

POKEMON_PLATINUM_USA_iND.SAV

Your save is fine your no$gba.ini is set to save as Compressed I think when it should be Raw.

This is the line you should look for in your no$gba.ini

SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed

and replace it with

SAV/SNA File Format == Raw

This is how my complete no$gba.ini looks like for those that want to copy/paste over theirs.

;no$gba 2.6 generated config file - do not edit

GBA Mode == GBA SP (backlight)
NDS Mode == Nintendo DS (normal 4MB)
Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh == -Realtime, Auto
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == -Start Cartridge directly
Topmost Display Lines == -Display Normal
Sound Output Mode == Digital Stereo
Sound Desired Sample Rate == -High (44kHz) (best)
Video Output == 24bit True Color
Emulate BIOS Functions == By real GBA.ROM (accurate)
Solar Sensor Level == Bright Sunlight
GBA Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
[b]NDS-Cartridge Backup Media == FLASH 512KBytes[/b]
Multiboot Port == -None/Disabled
Multiboot Completion == -Auto-close Upload Box
Multiboot Normal/BurstDelays == -Medium/Medium (stable)
Game Screen Filter == None (fast)
Decompressed Help File == Delete after Usage
Create Game Window at == Upper/right of Debug Window
Game Screen Sizing == Strict
IIgame_size == normal
Number of Emulated Gameboys == -Single Machine
Link Gamepaks == -Gamepaks in all GBAs
Link Cable Type == -Automatic
Performance Indicator == -Show Timing only if <>100%
Autosave Options == -Nope
Load ROM-Images to == -All machines

Joypad Button A == 3
Joypad Button B == 2
Joypad Select == 9
Joypad Start == 10
Joypad Button L == 5
Joypad Button R == 6
Joypad Button X == 4
Joypad Button Y == 1
SNESpad Adapter == -None/Disabled (fast)
SNESpad Button A == -Button A
SNESpad Button B == -Button B
SNESpad Button X == -Button X
SNESpad Button Y == -Button Y
Mouse Control Mode == -Free Move (right button=on)
Joysticks/Gamepads == -Enabled

[b]SAV/SNA File Format == Raw[/b]
IIautoRun == yes
Firmware Boot == Manual
3D Renderer == nocash
IIsnd == stereo
IIreg == show
IIcrk == show

gdb_xsiz == 00000000
gdb_ysiz == 00000000
cht_xsiz == 00000000
cht_ysiz == 00000000
Game_xloc == 00000373
Game_yloc == 00000063
Game_xsiz == 000109D9
Game_ysiz == 000109CC

KEYB_1 == 101E181939381D1C2A2C2D2E
KEYB_2 == A1A9A4A65253517526135959
KEYB_3 == 595959595959590259595959
KEYB_4 == 595959595959590359595959
KEYB_5 == 595959595959590459595959
KEYB_6 == 595959595959590559595959
KEYB_7 == 595959595959590659595959
KEYB_8 == 595959595959590759595959
KEYB_9 == 595959595959590859595959
KEYB_A == 595959595959590959595959
KEYB_B == 595959595959590A59595959
KEYB_C == 595959595959590B59595959

GIFname == NO$GBA.GIF

Also attached is your save in Raw format (512kb)

Hmm.. That's exactly how my INI file looked like.... But now it's working. Thanks!

[Edit] Something's strange here....

The raw file posted before works, so I did some small change in my Pokedex to see how it's working (I made all Unown formes seen). When I loaded the game, something was messed with the numbers (see screenshot). The same happened when I did nothing at all (just loaded the sav file into PPSE and clicked Save).

The sav file suddenly changes its size to 91,2 KB (being ivalid of course) when I load the game. My ini file is ok. (Flash 512, RAW), so.... What happened?

Schowek01.png

Schowek01.png.b4dcb96d88d2d3f6f57439f801

Hello all,

I went to compile this on Ubuntu 9.04 with Qt 4.5.0, and QtCreator 1.2.0. It errored out, saying that it had build issues. It had one in ppse.h on line 6, one from main.cpp on line 2, and that the default argument for parameter of type PkmnGenders has type bool. To me it looks like the data types weren't initialized, or set properly.

This is coming from my limited experience with Java, so I don't understand Qt or C/C++, but is that a possible case?

Whoops. The problem is with one of the default values of a function parameter. PkmnGenders is an enumerated data type, and when I changed the gender parameter from bool to PkmnGenders, I forgot to change the default as well.

Open resources.h in a text editor and look at line 42.

QPixmap sprite( int natDexNumber, PkmnGenders gender = false, savType type = Pl, bool shiny = false )

Change "PkmnGenders gender = false" to "PkmnGenders gender = Male".

After you get it to compile correctly, send the .exe to Fenzo so he can add it to the site.

Hmm.. That's exactly how my INI file looked like.... But now it's working. Thanks!

[Edit] Something's strange here....

The raw file posted before works, so I did some small change in my Pokedex to see how it's working (I made all Unown formes seen). When I loaded the game, something was messed with the numbers (see screenshot). The same happened when I did nothing at all (just loaded the sav file into PPSE and clicked Save).

The sav file suddenly changes its size to 91,2 KB (being ivalid of course) when I load the game. My ini file is ok. (Flash 512, RAW), so.... What happened?

What kind of save? DP or platinum? That Magmortar is in the Party I assume?

Hm....I must be messing up somewhere. Perhaps I'm off by a byte when reading/writing the stat data....

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Added link for a Macintosh verison to the original post.

So in all honesty... I feel like a 100% complete nub for posting this~ I am hoping I am doing it in the right place as well... If I'm not.. I sincerely apologize in advance...

I've searched these forums, and I downloaded the new PPSE this morning... But I am rather confused...

I really like this editor more than PokeSav, however I'm not sure how to really use it... I don't know how to get a .sav file from my DS game to my computer... lol

I have an AR for the DS and ive used PokeSav to make pokemon and do all that, but I'm so confused on how to use this program... and I wish to use it because it looks a lot more promising than pokesav did...

I tried to make a code without putting in a .sav file first, and it won't let me edit a pokemon slot in the box it says "Edit (Not Functional...)"...

So yeah~ I'm just generally confused... if someone would be kind enough to explain it to me, in PM or on this thread, that would be extremely appreciated~ Thanks so much, and sorry for the nub question D:~

my point of view: easy to use.. and fun..

1. I really like this editor more than PokeSav, however I'm not sure how to really use it... I don't know how to get a .sav file from my DS game to my computer... lol

2. I have an AR for the DS and ive used PokeSav to make pokemon and do all that, but I'm so confused on how to use this program... and I wish to use it because it looks a lot more promising than pokesav did...

3. I tried to make a code without putting in a .sav file first, and it won't let me edit a pokemon slot in the box it says "Edit (Not Functional...)"...

1:it is, sadly, still not completed if you could say so..the next version will probably be even better

2: nvm.. see anwser 1

3: not functional.. yet .. when it gets that function .. yay..

PS. aaand.. on the sav from yer ds game...

if you have a flashkart of any kind ... .. take the sd card from that and put in computer..

i assume you have a normal game?

Edited by pikachuinsweden
just a few typos

Any other OS X users experiencing a failure to launch? I'm running Leopard, 10.5.7. Upon trying to launch PPSE, the program crashes immediately, and I get an "The application PPSE quit unexpectedly." error. Very odd.

Edit: Despite this, I'm still very excited. ^^ The program sounds and looks promising, and I'm glad to see this version has improved stability of the last one. Thanks guys.

Edited by Emifox032
adding on...

I also had the same problem someone else mentioned earlier about the Mac version. It just opens and then quits, asking to relaunch. If I opt to relaunch, the cycle repeats itself.

I was wondering if there would be a fix for this or something.

Thanks.