PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

SCV

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have some kind of error... Im trying to use the Windows version, the exe, and a message pops up, apparently im missing a file named mingwm10.dll...

What can be causing it? Is that a internal file of the program, or a system file?

You need to download the QtLibs file in the first post and put those libraries in the same folder as PPSE.exe.

whenever I load the .sav file, it always says "invalid file" at the bottom of the ppse window anyone know the cause of this?

The cause of that is very simple.

The file you are loading is not a valid save file.

By any chance, does this save file come from No$GBA?

Right now, PPSE only works with raw save files. Other save types, if they're to be added, will be done later if we can figure out how to convert them to the raw format. Evandixon kindly gave us the source to his save converter, so we have information about .duc. I don't know if SCV has information on other formats though.

You need to convert the save file here.

Source Format: No$GBA (.sav)

Target Format: AceKard 2 | CycloDS | etc. (.sav)

Then load the converted save file into the program.

thx. Do I have to convert it back to No$GBA .sav after using PPSE?

so we have information about .duc.

Keep in mind that ARDS Media Edition *.duc is not the same format as ARMAX *.duc.

I remember seeing that ARMAX has a larger header.

If I have time later, I will try to coninue making save conversion apps, while also modifying the updatable GUI, so it converts to RAW, THEN, to the format the user specified.

To those who are experiencing in-game crashes, make sure that you have the default formes for single-gendered species set correctly, for example set Jynx's default forme to Femal. That should stop the crashes.

I've thought of that a couple times too, but was busy with other things so I didn't look into it. Now that I have...

If you use the Seen/Caught form to set a female only Pokemon like Jynx as "Seen", it does not automatically set it's gender flags. Furthermore, there is no way of setting the gender correctly without going to the Individual tab and checking Seen off then back on again.

I shall fix this oversight now.

I'll also be rewriting how the Pokedex is saved back into the save file so that when we get around to it, ARDS code output will be much easier. As a consequence of this rewrite, it'll also be easy to add a feature to import/export the Pokedex to it's own file, just like a .pkm. I'm thinking .pdx would be a good extension. Would anyone have any use for this feature?

Update

UI creation is progressing nicely. I was able to replicate the basic concept behind Codemonkey's way of organizing Pokemon.

Screenshot:

untitled1.PNG

It's mostly nonfunctional, but I am able to read Pokemon data from the save file and display it on the screen. What you're seeing there is Box 1 of one of my Plat saves. There's still a few kinks that need to be ironed out, like making the picture boxes transparent. The way it looks now is just ugly. I've also found a Qt book that describes how to do Drag 'n Drop, so after I read that section over several times and slowly digest that information, I'll be able to add that functionality to the program.