PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

SCV

When SCV gets back in a few hours I'll give him the work I've done so far so he can release a new version. Everything except sprites and the alternate forms buttons is working. I'm working on the alt forms now (Unown ATM).

I lightened up the pink and blue shades in the Formes tab a bit. They just seemed slightly too strong to me.

Formes2.JPG

Should I add color to Seen/Caught and Languages too? White if unchecked, colored if checked. If so, what colors would be good?

For languages, using 6 colors that should be pretty easy to make, I came up with this:

Japanese = Red (Might actually look more pink)

English = Blue

French = Purple

German = Yellow

Italian = Green

Spanish = Orange

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the Windows and Linux versions to beta 0.02. PPSE now have a much better UI and unown order editing has been added. Jiggy-Ninja designed and coded all the new functionality.

P.S. Download on the main page. Downloading the QtLibs is not necessary, just the file with the binary (PPSE.exe for windows, PPSE.tar.gz for Linux)

hi PPSE team, i have a few questions.

1st: i wanted to know are you lots going to add a PID/IV generator?

2nd: What IDE are you lot using?

3rd: have you the team thought about sourceforge?

4th: is they a zip which contains all the Source files, im very lazy.

all of your questions can be answered if you actually read the first post in this thread. I'm sure your lazyness can cope with a click or two more. As for the PID/IV generator I don't think they'll worry about that at the moment since there is a program that does that on its own already (Search the forums if you really want it)

hi PPSE team, i have a few questions.

1st: i wanted to know are you lots going to add a PID/IV generator?

2nd: What IDE are you lot using?

3rd: have you the team thought about sourceforge?

4th: is they a zip which contains all the Source files, im very lazy.

1) Eventually, when SCV gets around to Pokemon editing, I imagine.

2) Qt. http://www.qtsoftware.com/products/

3) IDK

4) Get an SVN client like Tortoise SVN.

Found a bug. The dex flags (Sinnoh, National, Forme, etc) as well as Giratina, Rotom, and Shaymin forms are not read properly for a Platinum Save. I think DP saves are read just fine.

I've fixed the problem, so the next release will be correct.

I have also completed Rotom forms. That leaves Wormadam/Burmy, Shellos/Gastrodon, Shaymin, Giratina, Deoxys.

Since SCV isn't here to update the first post, I'll put it here for when he gets back.

0.03 release is here, and the Pokedex is fully done.

First post is updated with the new executable.

I have updated the SVN as well, for those interested.

Changelog

Added all of the special forms dialogs into the UI. Added functionality to the sprite boxes as well, showing the proper default forms for each entry. Spinda's spots are drawn in the Individual tab according to the PID, but not drawn in the Formes tab.

Edited by Jiggy-Ninja

I have a question, is the problem with the Pokédex fixed? When I scroll down in the Dex, it freezes at some pokémon. And I dont have the original, unedited save file any longer, so dont ask for it^^ Anyway, there was already another guy who posted it, so one doesnt need mine.

Is there any way I could help in internal save file type conversions (DUC, M3, etc.), other than just getting the specs, even though I don't use C/C++?

I don't think so. Specs are still very helpful.

Plus, it's not that difficult to learn C++. What language do you make your stuff in, VB?

I have a question, is the problem with the Pokédex fixed? When I scroll down in the Dex, it freezes at some pokémon. And I dont have the original, unedited save file any longer, so dont ask for it^^ Anyway, there was already another guy who posted it, so one doesnt need mine.

Sorry, I forgot about that. I'll try looking into it now.

What language do you make your stuff in, VB?

Yes.

Also, I tried learning C to make DS homebreww, but I gave up.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Specs are still very helpful.

I might as well post that I sent VB code to SCV for conversion to and from ARDS Media Edition *.duc.

Done.

Thank you.

I have started working on some things necessary for Pokemon editing.

I'll need some ideas for how to make the UI. There's a lot of information that needs to be presented to the user, which is why Pokesav's UI is so huge and messy. I'm sure that everyone would like something better.

Hello all,

I am running Ubuntu Linux 9.04. I seem to be having a problem when I try to run this application. It doesn't do anything. I have set the ppse.sh file to be executable, and associated *.sh with the sh command, so when I have double-clicked on it, it executes. Yet it doesn't execute. Is there anyway to get help with this? I have libQtCore.so.4.5.0 and libQtGui.so.4.5.0 in my /usr/lib all ready. Is there a way around this, or to fix it?

The error it returns in Terminal is ./ppse.sh: line 3: ./PPSE: Permission denied

Any help please?

Hello all,

I am running Ubuntu Linux 9.04. I seem to be having a problem when I try to run this application. It doesn't do anything. I have set the ppse.sh file to be executable, and associated *.sh with the sh command, so when I have double-clicked on it, it executes. Yet it doesn't execute. Is there anyway to get help with this? I have libQtCore.so.4.5.0 and libQtGui.so.4.5.0 in my /usr/lib all ready. Is there a way around this, or to fix it?

The error it returns in Terminal is ./ppse.sh: line 3: ./PPSE: Permission denied

Any help please?

You might have to wait until SCV gets back to compile the Linux version, or ask CuleX how to run it. He's the one that gave me those files.

Sorry.

Alrighty, I'll guess I'll wait. Cause I think this would be awesome to use, when its finished, and with its cross platform-ness, it would be good for us alt-OS users. Thats the one gripe I have with PokeSav, is that it doesn't display properly, even with the compact one. On a side note, would there be a compact version of PokeSav Platinum released soonish? Or is that outside your current sphere of knowledge?

I'm not good with coding, but if you want, I can test it on Ubuntu Linux, when SCV gets back with a compiled version, so that they have a different perspective on it.

Thanks, that worked, the pre-compiled one you received didn't work for me, but the one I compiled with QtCreater (with the SDK installed) worked for me. Any reason why that would be the cause? Different architectures maybe?

I seem to have some kind of error... Im trying to use the Windows version, the exe, and a message pops up, apparently im missing a file named mingwm10.dll...

What can be causing it? Is that a internal file of the program, or a system file?