PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

SCV

I'm pretty sure that it also doesn't work on SAVs that are not actually generated by the game. I've tried to load Pokesav'd SAVs and it just said "Invalid SAV file". It worked once I used an actual Diamond SAV though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two sets of checks that PPSE uses when loading a save file.

1) First and foremost, it checks the file size to make sure it is exactly 0x80000 (524,288) bytes . If it's even 1 byte smaller or larger, it labels it Invalid.

2) Based on my reading of this (SCV unfortunately doesn't use comments in his code), it appears that it then checks 8 locations in the save file. The block size in the small and large block footers (using DP offsets), the same data in the second half of the save, and a repeat of the previous data using Platinum locations instead of DP's. It then tests those locations to make sure that they have the proper block sizes. Depending on which set (if any) has the proper sizes, the save is either labeled as DP, Pl, or Invalid.

If your save is being labeled as Invalid, then it must be failing one of the above two checks. I do not know what Pokesav would be changing that would mess up the checks.

I'm pretty sure that it also doesn't work on SAVs that are not actually generated by the game. I've tried to load Pokesav'd SAVs and it just said "Invalid SAV file". It worked once I used an actual Diamond SAV though.

Could you post the save file after Pokesav-ing it?

All right! I was able to get Qt to at least recognize when I was dragging something. When I was dragging, I could make any Pokemon I dragged over turn into Arceus.

However, I haven't been able to get it to recognize a drop yet. I'm trying to make the Pokemon I drop into turn into an Unown.

EDIT: I've gotten the drag and drop functionality working well. I can drag Pokemon around the box, and even drag .pkm files from the file system into the program. Dragging them out of the program into the file system though will take a bit more time.

There's still a lot more work that needs to be done before this is a usable feature, but it's getting there. ^_^ Progress feels good.

Edited by Jiggy-Ninja

I don't know if this was said alreay, but it would be very useful to be able to klick once on 'caught' and then the 'seen' box would be checked with it, because i have to click always 2 times for every pokémon, this takes quite a long time. Thanks in advance^^

i may be the only one with this problem.

After I used the program to see all "210" so that I can go and initiate the nat dex,

I have some problems using the dex.

When I scroll to chatot it hangs,

and something else to,

But I don't remember.

It was done on USA platinum.

I don't know if this was said alreay, but it would be very useful to be able to klick once on 'caught' and then the 'seen' box would be checked with it, because i have to click always 2 times for every pokémon, this takes quite a long time. Thanks in advance^^

No, I won't do that.

i may be the only one with this problem.

After I used the program to see all "210" so that I can go and initiate the nat dex,

I have some problems using the dex.

When I scroll to chatot it hangs,

and something else to,

But I don't remember.

It was done on USA platinum.

It freezes on Chatot? Odd. I understand the freezing on something like Jynx, which has the gender problem I think I fixed, but I don't know what could be wrong with Chatot.

Could you upload the edited save?

0.04 is almost ready! I'll post the changelog here ahead of time to build the suspense. ^_^

• One click complete Pokedex
  • Added new button to complete the gender forms area.
  • Pokemon organizing dialog inspired by Codemonkey's PKMN Box Mark II. It's awesome, really.
  • Spinda form editor in Pokedex improved.
  • You can now drag a save into the main PPSE window to load it if you don't want to use the load dialog.
  • Added support for loading saves using the command line. This means that if you associate .sav files with ppse.exe, double-clicking the save file will automatically open it in PPSE.

Agonize over the awesomeness!

PPSEPokemon-1.jpg

As you can see from the picture, PPSE won't mess up Japanese text and stuff like Pokesav does.

Also, I need UI ideas for editing Pokemon! I'm thinking a tabbed dialog (like Codemonkey's Pokemon Viewer) or some other form of progressive disclosure is necessary, since dumping everything on one window like Pokesav does it is rather overwhelming. I need ideas for the best way to structure something like that though. Pictures, tree diagrams, or just random musings, anything's fine.