Weekly Poll #5: Victreebel vs. Vileplume

wraith89

Victreebel or Vileplume?  

9020 members have voted

1. 1. Victreebel or Vileplume?

• Victreebel
    • Vileplume
    • I like them both and I caught them both in Yellow's Unknown Dungeon!
    • Neither. Grass Pokes are pathetic and these two prove it!
    • Bellsprout... Victreebel's way too ugly!
    • Oddish... Vileplume's way too ugly!
    • James: I choose you Victreebel! *gets eaten by it*
    • James's Victreebel should chase Wraith89

Two plant Pokemon of the old times... quite obscure nowadays because everyone is busy staring at the new more powerful Grass Pokes...

[sprite]071[/sprite] [shinysprite]071[/shinysprite]

VICTREEBEL

GRASS/POISON

HP: 80

Atk: 105

Def: 65

SpA: 100

SpDef: 60

Spe: 70

BST: 480

Advantages:

- Has good attack power for both sides of the spectrum

- Can boost both its physical and special attack in some form

- Chlorophyll boosts its speed to insane levels

- Decent speed for a grasser

- Learns a variety of status moves to disable its foes

- Learns Sleep Powder earlier than other grassers

- Has some powerful physical and special attack on its side

- Can learn Leaf Storm and Leaf Blade, and can be useful in a mixed set

Disadvantages:

- It is very frail and cannot survive Moltres's Fire Blast like it used to back in RBY when its special was 100

- Its movepool is rather lacking and can only resort to Solarbeam/Sludge Bomb/Leaf Blade/Return/Sucker Punch for its attacks (and it doesn't get Gunk Shot or even Poison Jab while other random stuff get it)

- Growth is too slow for pumping up Special attacks

- Stays with Vine Whip for the first few levels of it being Bellsprout for its STAB attack... and has to wait until it becomes a Weepinbell until it learns Acid... and learns Razor Leaf SO late

- Outclassed by a few others like Leafeon and Tangrowth for physical sweeping and Vileplume in special sweeping (it has the defenses to actually set up)

- Rather forgotten due to the other grassers out there

[sprite]045[/sprite] [shinysprite]045[/shinysprite]

VILEPLUME

GRASS/POISON

HP: 75

Atk: 80

Def: 85

SpA: 100

SpDef: 90

Spe: 50

BST: 480

Advantages:

- Sturdier than its counterpart

- Can utilize the Sunnybeam set more effectively due to its bulk

- Chlorophyll can help it outspeed things with the sun

- Is able to use status moves to disable its opponents

- Can act as a cleric with Aromatherapy

Disadvantages:

- Slower than Victreebel and isn't geared to be a sweeper

- Has a limited movepool

- Does not have good physical moves to use unlike its counterpart and is therefore relegated to a few roles

- Outclassed by other good grassers such as Celebi

- Absorb is its first move... and it doesn't learn much else until it becomes a Gloom

- It learns Sleep Powder later than Bellsprout, but that's almost a nonissue

- Requires an event to get Leech Seed on it

- Rather obscure and people forgot about it

Vote which one you like and give a reason why.

I like both, honestly, to tell you the truth, but since I always start off partial... I'll pick Victreebel because of old nostalgia sake I used one in my Blue team... and in Leaf Green I used one with Swords Dance + Sludge Bomb back when Sludge Bomb was physical.

I go for Victreebel because i've never liked Vileplume though Victreebel's alright. My interest in Victreebel became more when platinum came out because it could learn Leaf Blade. Leaf Blade is one of my favourite attacks not only is it strong and useful but looks cool. Perhaps that's why I like Gallade, Sceptile, Grovyle and Leafeon as well.

i TOLD you all someone was spamming! *eats can of spam for lunch* and yet i seem to find enjoyment in it! i vote for the second to last one because i found james' murderous flytrap appealing. i found it intertaining every time when he eats james.

NOTE: Here's something many people don't know about victreebel:

It defies gravity! And i can prove it! Here's how:

Go to Wraith's post that had the two sprites of a Victreebel on it. Turn your head upside-down and then looks at it like that. You'll notice that it looks JUST like a big Weepinbel!

Seriously, just from looking at the sprite like that, I think that Victreebel should be a a Psychic type also!

NOTE: Here's something many people don't know about victreebel:

It defies gravity! And i can prove it! Here's how:

Go to Wraith's post that had the two sprites of a Victreebel on it. Turn your head upside-down and then looks at it like that. You'll notice that it looks JUST like a big Weepinbel!

I actually tried that and i was like WTH! xD It does look like a big weepinbell.

Honestly i hate both of 'em. >_>

Grass types are practically having the worst time everywhere. My favourite grass types are ONLY Celebi and Skymin. Skymin is uber so i would go with Celebi. Hate Breloom to death. I dont think any of the Grass types look cool or beautiful =/. The starters are all not quite good looking, though i wouldnt say they look really bad. Sceptile would be cool if it wasnt so wide at the bottom and had a smaller tail xD.

I wouldve chosen the last option again, Wraithy loves Grassys so they can just go running after him. But since that option already has 9,002 votes, i voted for what i wanted.

I wouldve chosen the last option again, Wraithy loves Grassys so they can just go running after him. But since that option already has 9,002 votes, i voted for what i wanted.

That has got to be a bug.

We don't have anywhere near 9000 members!

GAH!, can i take my vote back, due to the hax my vote serves a better purpose being jammed where the sun dont shine meh, who cares? anyway talking about sceptile, if he had a higher atk stat he would be, in my opinion, the greatest grass poke except celebi (ubers, or should i say uber, screw it ill just say skymin is excluded), but back on topic, why doesnt somebody do a smogon-esk type testing between these 2, then we would know incontrovertibly.

That has got to be a bug.

We don't have anywhere near 9000 members!

Lol, yes i know. Wraith and his shanannigans -____- But i feel odd tormenting wraith by giving him nightmares about pokemon eating him,killing him or him having to eat them xD But yeah if those pokes are the sucky ones, wraiths always gonna be my first choice hehe. :kikkoman:

Vileplume all the way =/ Good defenses and decent SpAtk.

Also Vileplume Subseeds way better than Victreebel

Victreebel doesn't subseed because it doesn't get Leech Seed :o

Vileplume's Leech Seed, however, is obtained through an event so it's hard to even find one.

Poll closed. Vote in #6 people please.