PokeGen forever gone?

Mudkip97

So let me get this strait?

-I have to hack my DS lite

-Hack my 4th gen pokemon games (and which one can I use btw)

-Make a a new save file inside my game

So I don't need any Action replay? And what about my game...can it get messed up and ruined forever? And do I need anything else?

So let me get this strait?

-I have to hack my DS lite

-Hack my 4th gen pokemon games (and which one can I use btw)

-Make a a new save file inside my game

So I don't need any Action replay? And what about my game...can it get messed up and ruined forever? And do I need anything else?

You can also see about getting hold of the NDS Adapter Plus, you plug the game into it and then plug it into your computer and you can back, restore, and edit you save file with PokeGen. You won't need to do anything to you DS Lite.

You can also see about getting hold of the NDS Adapter Plus, you plug the game into it and then plug it into your computer and you can back, restore, and edit you save file with PokeGen. You won't need to do anything to you DS Lite.

So what would be the cheapest and easiest way to do for you?

It is possible for pokegen to now work with roms for X/Y (Gen 6) if it ever gets to it. This link http://gbatemp.net/threads/way-to-distribute-the-removed-hidden-pokemon-from-power-saves.364150/

Since you can now export saves that normally saves on nand, since Gateway 3DS saves it on the rom file, the exported save which uses .sav extension can now be tampered with. I do not know too much about the way this program exports save but hopefully this discovery will eventually point pokegen into the right direction.

It is possible for pokegen to now work with roms for X/Y (Gen 6) if it ever gets to it. This link http://gbatemp.net/threads/way-to-distribute-the-removed-hidden-pokemon-from-power-saves.364150/

Since you can now export saves that normally saves on nand, since Gateway 3DS saves it on the rom file, the exported save which uses .sav extension can now be tampered with. I do not know too much about the way this program exports save but hopefully this discovery will eventually point pokegen into the right direction.

Sigh, not even a 'discovery', and no it's not 'possible to work with gen6 roms'.

The cart2 games always have stored the save file on the same chip as the ROM. Powersaves can read it off of retail carts, and now gateway can too. 3DS save files are hashed, signed (by hardware), and uniquely encrypted. You can't just 'tamper' with them.

PKHeX can edit save files after you have decrypted them yourself; however, the signature is hardware and cannot be done with any computer program. So patch out your sig check or re-sign it yourself (hint: you​ can't).

Sigh, not even a 'discovery', and no it's not 'possible to work with gen6 roms'.

The cart2 games always have stored the save file on the same chip as the ROM. Powersaves can read it off of retail carts, and now gateway can too. 3DS save files are hashed, signed (by hardware), and uniquely encrypted. You can't just 'tamper' with them.

PKHeX can edit save files after you have decrypted them yourself; however, the signature is hardware and cannot be done with any computer program. So patch out your sig check or re-sign it yourself (hint: you​ can't).

Really? Well it sure is a heck of a discovery for me. I never had powersave and for gateway to be able to do it as well, its awesome. Not only that, you can inject other saves into your rom. Which is neat for me! Now I can finally complete my pokedex of 718 pokemons.