Gateway 3DS and R4 Gold

BattleLegend

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking about saves, but this is what I know about the flashcarts themselves.

The Gateway 3DS is the only real 3DS flashcart. All others are clones that simply copy the work of Gateway. If you want a 3DS flashcart, that's the only reliable option.

The Gateway also comes with a cheap R4 clone that should run most games, so no need to quickly buy another R4 clone.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe as you knew, currently, among all r4 card,only r4i gold 3ds D.E support 3ds roms,yet,it has stopped update for ages,so personally dont suggest you buy this one. If you dont care about price,yet, you can buy gateway 3ds, after all,it was the best 3ds game card with powerful features. You can use it play pokemon x/y, animal crossing and so on, it also support NAND backup and if you need,here is a usa official store for you : http://www.modchipwarehouse.com/gateway-3ds-flashcart-play-backup-3ds-roms-on-3ds-and-3ds-xl-p-12.html

Edited by elsa

Well I wonder if Pikaedit XY supports save files vs. the gateway users

If you are asking if either card will allow you to use Pikaedit XY to alter a save and inject pokemon into them like Pokegen, it cannot no matter if you are using a retail cart or a ROM. Even a software hacked 3DS has to deal with AES MAC and Pikaedit cannot get past that (nor can any publicly released software at this time.)