Is there any way to inject X/Y Wonder Cards?

I've noticed some people posting files of the X/Y events (like the Torchic)... is there actually anything that can be done with these?

I have Powersaves, but I Datel's save database is not legit at all. I tried adding the Wonder Card for Garchomp and the OT was the same 10123 as Torchic, which according to the event database is NOT the proper OT! So I'd really rather not use Powersaves on my game (I have a copy of Y I'm keeping legit, and X I just mess around with, that's the one I tested)

I realize there's not much that can be done with 3DS saves at the moment but I'm curious how people are able to extract the WCs in the first place :confused:

Hmm, Datel Powersaves obviously decrypts the saves (at least at some point, maybe they're stored on the local machine encrypted still) since I can confirm you can backup a save and restore it to a different cartridge.

I wonder if there's any way to use a similar method to inject it into a save backed up by Powersaves?

Hmm, Datel Powersaves obviously decrypts the saves (at least at some point, maybe they're stored on the local machine encrypted still) since I can confirm you can backup a save and restore it to a different cartridge.

I wonder if there's any way to use a similar method to inject it into a save backed up by Powersaves?

Datel's Powersaves program only reads/writes; all decryption/edits/signing/reencryption is done by them on their server after your computer sends off the relevant information and save file.

You can't actually use save files from other cartridges -- although you can backup and restore from others, the game will fail to decrypt as the decryption process uses data unique to a given cart.

It is unlikely that Datel will ever allow for custom save file edits as they have gotten in trouble for distributing unreleased content in the past. You're stuck with whatever options they provide.

Hm, interesting. I noticed that when I went to restore a save, it read the cartridge first so I assumed it was grabbing the encryption key.

That being said, I've heard through the grapevine that someone has figured out how to force games to use the older save encryption (think Gateway 3DS and EmuNAND) so that you can use the XOR decryption that already exists. If that ever ends up being released, it should be possible to inject the wonder cards into games - the only catch is you'd have to start a new save with the older method.

• 1 month later...