X / Y Save Help Thread

Here's my world of problems after attempting everything, step by step, you said to do Scires. Unless I'm missing something? Perhaps a tutorial with pictures/step by step, or a video on youtube or something might help those of us who apparently can't get it right. Namely Newbs like me.

Note 1-

I did it again, following the instructions to a T and it did the same issue whenever I tried to open the edited file with FF's. Is there a specific block I am supposed to FF up to? Or not go past? My method thus far has been to FF a chunk then copy and paste that over all the other blocks so I didn't have to hold down FF the entire time, unless that's what I'm supposed to do? Does it matter that I copy and pasted the FF's since they all turned to y's on the side anyhow? - Also, is there a trick I'm missing when it comes to loading the edited file? The back up that HxD made (looking exactly like the first one) is read by Powersaves (bin file) but not the one I edited. It has the same header, same everything, and without the -FIX'd at the end. Btw, the files yours create are just 'files' so I have to delete the FIXED part and add in .bin myself. Still doesn't read. I know I'm missing something critical here but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

Pics of the Issues/Errors

This below is the error message I got while trying to do the Datel Checksum from your program.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Datel_Checksum_Fixer.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18449 built by: FX451RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Datel Checksum Fixer

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Riptor.000/Desktop/Datel%20Checksum%20Fixer.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18046 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18045 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by Newbie
Stuff I forgot

0x9C - 0x10009C should all be FF'd out, the only thing unchanged is the 0x00-0x9C header (which will be fixed by the program).

In the end, make sure your file is 0x10009C bytes long -- ctrl+A to select everything in HxD, length is at the bottom.

Can't really tell what is wrong with just the error messages...

Here's my world of problems after attempting everything, step by step, you said to do Scires. Unless I'm missing something? Perhaps a tutorial with pictures/step by step, or a video on youtube or something might help those of us who apparently can't get it right. Namely Newbs like me.

Note 1-

I did it again, following the instructions to a T and it did the same issue whenever I tried to open the edited file with FF's. Is there a specific block I am supposed to FF up to? Or not go past? My method thus far has been to FF a chunk then copy and paste that over all the other blocks so I didn't have to hold down FF the entire time, unless that's what I'm supposed to do? Does it matter that I copy and pasted the FF's since they all turned to y's on the side anyhow? - Also, is there a trick I'm missing when it comes to loading the edited file? The back up that HxD made (looking exactly like the first one) is read by Powersaves (bin file) but not the one I edited. It has the same header, same everything, and without the -FIX'd at the end. Btw, the files yours create are just 'files' so I have to delete the FIXED part and add in .bin myself. Still doesn't read. I know I'm missing something critical here but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

Pics of the Issues/Errors

This below is the error message I got while trying to do the Datel Checksum from your program.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at Datel_Checksum_Fixer.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18449 built by: FX451RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

Datel Checksum Fixer

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Riptor.000/Desktop/Datel%20Checksum%20Fixer.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18046 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18045 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

File length should be 0x10009C. Only set 0x9C-0x10009C to 0xFF.

Also, if you want Powersaves to see a save file, it needs to end in after the last ")" in the name -- remove the " - copy" for powersaves to detect it.

Could one of you two possibly send me (in a PM) a copy of your file so I can mimic it? The Powersave file I mean, this way I can see where I'm screwing up? Or I can do a join.me if you'd like and you can scream at me and laugh as the Newbie tries to learn your world of awesome?

Or if not, walk me through this so I don't feel like a total space case.

D3 54 B3 64 9C 00 00 00 E8 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 83 D6 54 9E E4 86 53 7B 41 00 75 00 74 00 6F 00 6D 00 61 00 74 00 69 00 63 00 20 00 62 00 61 00 63 00 6B 00 75 00 70 00 20 00 30 00 34 00 2F 00 31 00 30 00 2F 00 31 00 34 00 20 00 31 00 32 00 3A 00 31 00 34 00 3A 00 31 00 39 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ÓT³dœ...è...........ƒÖTžä†S{A.u.t.o.m.a.t.i.c. .b.a.c.k.u.p. .0.4./.1.0./.1.4. .1.2.:.1.4.:.1.9.............................................................

This is the ONLY part of the Code not changed to FF right? EVERYthing else is FF?

Alright, so, I got the first part down. Thanks for you gracious help there guys, you're awesome.

I can figure out everything else from here after I get your answer on this one. The Main Menu? With this new (brand new save) do I go through the entire creation process to start a new game and save then restart and go to the main menu that details the character I just created?

OR...

Do I close the game out when the Pokemon X intro plays?

Cause with the brand new game file, you had me do, the game was completely wiped clean. So do I play until I get to the earliest save point or cancel out when the Professor is seen or when the option to, '' Press Start '' after the opening Intro begins? At what point do I take the card out and put it back into the Powersaves?

---

Update, sorta-

I figured it out with a little help from a very nice Lady. Thank you, Ma'am. And thank you both for giving this guide, with a bit of derphurbaperbdep moments in-between I was finally able to fix it. I owe you guys. Thanks for this.

Edited by Newbie

Could one of you two possibly send me (in a PM) a copy of your file so I can mimic it? The Powersave file I mean, this way I can see where I'm screwing up? Or I can do a join.me if you'd like and you can scream at me and laugh as the Newbie tries to learn your world of awesome?

Or if not, walk me through this so I don't feel like a total space case.

D3 54 B3 64 9C 00 00 00 E8 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 83 D6 54 9E E4 86 53 7B 41 00 75 00 74 00 6F 00 6D 00 61 00 74 00 69 00 63 00 20 00 62 00 61 00 63 00 6B 00 75 00 70 00 20 00 30 00 34 00 2F 00 31 00 30 00 2F 00 31 00 34 00 20 00 31 00 32 00 3A 00 31 00 34 00 3A 00 31 00 39 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ÓT³dœ...è...........ƒÖTžä†S{A.u.t.o.m.a.t.i.c. .b.a.c.k.u.p. .0.4./.1.0./.1.4. .1.2.:.1.4.:.1.9.............................................................

This is the ONLY part of the Code not changed to FF right? EVERYthing else is FF?

Alright, so, I got the first part down. Thanks for you gracious help there guys, you're awesome.

I can figure out everything else from here after I get your answer on this one. The Main Menu? With this new (brand new save) do I go through the entire creation process to start a new game and save then restart and go to the main menu that details the character I just created?

OR...

Do I close the game out when the Pokemon X intro plays?

Cause with the brand new game file, you had me do, the game was completely wiped clean. So do I play until I get to the earliest save point or cancel out when the Professor is seen or when the option to, '' Press Start '' after the opening Intro begins? At what point do I take the card out and put it back into the Powersaves?

---

Update, sorta-

I figured it out with a little help from a very nice Lady. Thank you, Ma'am. And thank you both for giving this guide, with a bit of derphurbaperbdep moments in-between I was finally able to fix it. I owe you guys. Thanks for this.

How did you figure it out? I am in the same position as you were before you got help.

How did you figure it out? I am in the same position as you were before you got help.

Similar issue here, i did everything specifically as said in the tutorial but when i go to remove the header i get the program asking me to load 0x3000 or 0x82000 no matter what i choose to load i see a bunch of bad eggs and japanese characters in the box name. Are we suppose to use the item modifier code for box 1 or just the code that only changes slot 1's item to x999?

This also means its only possible to load upon making a new save file from the tutorial in the future correct?

Similar issue here, i did everything specifically as said in the tutorial but when i go to remove the header i get the program asking me to load 0x3000 or 0x82000 no matter what i choose to load i see a bunch of bad eggs and japanese characters in the box name. Are we suppose to use the item modifier code for box 1 or just the code that only changes slot 1's item to x999?

This also means its only possible to load upon making a new save file from the tutorial in the future correct?

>program asking me to load 0x3000 or 0x82000

That's fine.. that's only because you dont have the DISA/DIFI headers or any of that jazz.. 0x3000 is the beginning for the first save partition and 0x82000 is the second.

>bunch of bad eggs and japanese characters in the box name

That means the xorpad you made was bad.

Guide to getting your save file open in PKHeX:

Make a backup with Powersaves.

Make a copy of that backup, and replace all of the bytes in the copy past 0x9C with FF: http://i.snag.gy/lem0O.jpg

Next, download my Datel checksum corrector ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn2am0u4ae66s21/Datel_Checksum_Fixer.zip ). Open it up and open the edited copy, then hit save. (Remove the " - [fixed]" from the savename so that powersaves will see it.).

Now, open powersaves, and restore the edited FF save file. (You should see two saves with identical names, it's the second one.).

Put your cartridge into your 3ds, and go to the main menu. Then, close the game and put the cartridge back in the powersaves dongle.

In powersaves, apply the "Slot 1 x999 modifier code." After doing that, remove your cart from the powersaves dongle, then stick it back in. Now make a backup of your cartridge's save file.

At this point, you can restore your original save file backup.

The backup you just made after applying the code, removing the cart, and putting it back in has garbage default data in SAVE2, but a completely blank SAVE1 -- this means it is just your xorpad for save1.

At this point, make a copy of the backup you just made and rename it save1keystream.bin for easy remembering ability.

You can now use this to open a save in PKHeX! If you want to open a save, XOR save1keystream.bin with the powersaves backup of whatever save you want to check out (I recommend http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/xorfiles.html ), and then delete the first 0x9C bytes in a hex editor (I use HxD). Save the file with the 0x9C header removed, and you can open it in PKHeX totally fine: http://i.snag.gy/x2jJ8.jpg

What main menu? It starts a new game for me. Are you saying to save right after Fletching cutscene and then close it?

What main menu? It starts a new game for me. Are you saying to save right after Fletching cutscene and then close it?

No, once you boot the 0xFF'd save, you only want to give the game enough time to just initialize the bare minimum so that you can keep your xorpad somewhat in tact.. so the idea here is to close the game right after you come to the language select screen.. it'll autowrite info into your save without you actually saving.

No, once you boot the 0xFF'd save, you only want to give the game enough time to just initialize the bare minimum so that you can keep your xorpad somewhat in tact.. so the idea here is to close the game right after you come to the language select screen.. it'll autowrite info into your save without you actually saving.

Do all that (including what you said) and I try to load it into PkHeX, and the usual, Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.

Do all that (including what you said) and I try to load it into PkHeX, and the usual, Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.

That usually means you forgot to delete the powersaves header that comes with the dump.. highlight the first 0x9C (156) bytes and hit delete.. then save and try to load

Guide to getting your save file open in PKHeX:

Make a backup with Powersaves.

Make a copy of that backup, and replace all of the bytes in the copy past 0x9C with FF: http://i.snag.gy/lem0O.jpg

Next, download my Datel checksum corrector ( http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn2am0u4ae66s21/Datel_Checksum_Fixer.zip ). Open it up and open the edited copy, then hit save. (Remove the " - [fixed]" from the savename so that powersaves will see it.).

Now, open powersaves, and restore the edited FF save file. (You should see two saves with identical names, it's the second one.).

Put your cartridge into your 3ds, and go to the main menu. Then, close the game and put the cartridge back in the powersaves dongle.

In powersaves, apply the "Slot 1 x999 modifier code." After doing that, remove your cart from the powersaves dongle, then stick it back in. Now make a backup of your cartridge's save file.

At this point, you can restore your original save file backup.

The backup you just made after applying the code, removing the cart, and putting it back in has garbage default data in SAVE2, but a completely blank SAVE1 -- this means it is just your xorpad for save1.

At this point, make a copy of the backup you just made and rename it save1keystream.bin for easy remembering ability.

You can now use this to open a save in PKHeX! If you want to open a save, XOR save1keystream.bin with the powersaves backup of whatever save you want to check out (I recommend http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/xorfiles.html ), and then delete the first 0x9C bytes in a hex editor (I use HxD). Save the file with the 0x9C header removed, and you can open it in PKHeX totally fine: http://i.snag.gy/x2jJ8.jpg

This worked for me, but where it said You should see two saves with identical names, it's the second one, the first one was the one that worked for me (the second one was the unedited one for some reason). Thanks for the guide; now I can extract PKX files without having to move the Pokemon to a specific box.

pkhex works like a charm.png

Works like a charm!

Also, I edited a Magikarp in one of my boxes to be shiny (I think) and have a bad word as a nickname, and then I exported it to a PKX.

583dcfeaf1ac7_pkhexworkslikeacharm.png.1

[/url]

I dont understand how to do this... Help?

note: i mean "the first line. how do you access that?

pictures?

Hi:

Try help make your partial decrypt save:

1.- Download: OSX: http://x.co/4JBf0 OR Windows: http://x.co/4JBgp

2.- Create a backup with PowerSaves

3.- Open backup with "Open SAV1" in app

4.- Press "Clean SAV1"

5.- Copy new file to your PowerSaves directory and remove "-Fixed"

6.- Restore fixed save

8.- Run game, go to selection language, and exit from the game

9.- Put your game in power saves and apply "Slot 1 x999 modifier code."

10.- Remove yor game and put again in PowerSaves and create new backup and named Keystream

11.- Open Keystram whit "Open SAV1" in app an open other save in "Open SAV2"

12.- Press "XOR ..." and the result can view with PKHeX

NOTE: Mono requrired in OSX and .Net 3.5 in Windows

what do you mean on number 8?

hello, thanks you for help me.

i think that it is encrypted.

Error: Save File is not decrypted, press "Yes" to ignore this warning and continue loading the save file.

excuse me, i am notave with this thinks. I catch the print :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11392[/ATTACH]

Fisrt, i had problems with the size of my .bin save exported from my powersaves, then i see tutorials for XOR path, and nothing.

Please help me :(