HeartGold Mystery Gift Code Generator Help

CombativeRug

So I'm still relatively new to Pokegen but I would like to think that I have the basics down. Lately I've been having trouble generating working AR codes for my HeartGold.

The issue is this:

-I HAVE the right target game selected. (even in the code generator dialog box)

-I AM opening the correct file for the Mystery Gift

-Because I was paranoid I did change the date on my DS to match the release date of the events

-I AM only using ONE at a time

-I have tried almost every combination of two buttons to press simultaneously to activate the code.

-I AM opening and closing the menu with the "x" button.

-I HAVE tried this with multiple different events for HeartGold and none of them have generated a working code

Any help at all will be extremely helpful. I tried to find a step-by-step guide to check if I missed something small but no luck and honestly I'm almost at my wits end.

So please if you can lead me in the right direction I would be grateful. I'll keep checking in today every couple of hours to answer any questions.

Thanks, CombativeRug

You're likely not paying enough attention to the code you're copying. You left out detail in your post that would've prevented me from saying this. I'm not a spoon feeder, and there are only so many things you can be doing wrong. I've verified that the codes do actually work.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes? From how it was explained to me I didn't need that so I clicked on the dropdown box to select the code I needed. Then I clicked copy and pasted it into Action Replay code manager. I need to use that code? If so I'm gonna tear into my friend for misleading me.