Pearl .pkm files to platinum .sav

Insanek

Hello. I've edited some pokemon in pokesav for Diamond and Pearl and saved them as .pkm files. When I try to load them in the storage of a .sav file in pokesav for Platinum it works fine. Then I use the backup loader to restore the save on my Platinum with the .sav file containing the pokemon, but they do not turn up in the storage boxes in-game, just empty space where they're supposed to be. What do I do? I do not have a pair of DS:es so I cannot just trade them over.

Edited by Insanek

Hello. I've edited some pokemon in pokesav for Diamond and Pearl and saved them as .pkm files. When I try to load them in the storage of a .sav file in pokesav for Platinum it works fine. Then I use the backup loader to restore the save on my Platinum with the .sav file containing the pokemon, but they do not turn up in the storage boxes in-game, just empty space where they're supposed to be. What do I do? I do not have a pair of DS:es so I cannot just trade them over.

Okay this is what I reckon the problem to be.

Even though you already loaded the .pkm files,

What you did was to click cancel to leave the storage mode.

IF you clicked cancel instead of OK,

All the changes made in storage mode won't be there.

Or perhaps you didn't save the entire SAV,

or you didn't restore the correct edited SAV.

I tried something like this before (because I can't trade to myself)

So I know it works, or at least when I did it.

Okay this is what I reckon the problem to be.

Even though you already loaded the .pkm files,

What you did was to click cancel to leave the storage mode.

IF you clicked cancel instead of OK,

All the changes made in storage mode won't be there.

Or perhaps you didn't save the entire SAV,

or you didn't restore the correct edited SAV.

I tried something like this before (because I can't trade to myself)

So I know it works, or at least when I did it.

I am completely sure that I've clicked ok and saved correctly. There's six .pkm files that I want from Pearl to Platinum. But when I trade them over they're not appearing in the storage box. I guess my .sav is just corrupted, I'll restore the backup.

• 4 weeks later...

um hey everyone im sorta new to this so this might sound newbish. I downloaded some pkm files was able to put them into platinum (putting them in pearl then in platinum) with the pkm box. but when i check my pokedex to see the pokemon, it doesn't acknowledge they were caught (doesnt show the pokeball by the name) it just appears as if it was "seen." can someone help?

That's because my program doesn't update the Pokédex yet. :P

You should probably use PPSE now instead, since you can at least manually edit your Pokédex. Alternatively, you can wait for me to add 'Dex functionality, but I am not sure how long that will take.

thnxs. ill wait till you add that!