(X/Y) KeyBV - Battle Video Data Viewer

Kaphotics

But dont you have to save before Battle?

Already asked, already answered:

How/where is it possible to use the Vs. Recorder without saving? As far as I know you have to save before you can even start the battle?

Sorry, if there's an obvious answer... got the game few weeks ago and haven't played that much yet.

Options -> turn off Forced Save. You won't be required to save before battling against a friend.

nintendo let's us move our physical cart save to a digital version. do they let this happen with pokemon?

so that is a way people with physical saves could convert to a digital save, to use tools right?

Not possible ever.

nintendo let's us move our physical cart save to a digital version. do they let this happen with pokemon?

so that is a way people with physical saves could convert to a digital save, to use tools right?

Nintendo created the Save Data Transfer tool that lets you copy a save from a physical cart to a digital save, if you own the corresponding eShop game. Look for it in the eShop. But it deletes the data of the cart afterwards.

Nintendo created the Save Data Transfer tool that lets you copy a save from a physical cart to a digital save, if you own the corresponding eShop game. Look for it in the eShop. But it deletes the data of the cart afterwards.

great, i thought so, i just wasn't sure pokemon was one of the games they let you do this for.

using the powersaves device we can backup the save from the cart, use the 3ds transfer tool to put it on the digital, and then restore the save to the cart using the powersaves thing.

can we RE-transfer the retail save to digital, or is it just a one time thing? sorry, this isn't really the place to talk about this.

Not possible ever.
not possible? not possible EVER? lol, please don't use such a certain statement when you are wrong, or not sure about yourself.

not possible? not possible EVER? lol, please don't use such a certain statement when you are wrong, or not sure about yourself.

Excuse me? I know exactly why it's not possible ever. The keys used to sign the saves are different for each individual cart, and on digital copies it changes each time you start a new game (might have to delete the save data or something). You can't even share saves between physical carts.

Excuse me? I know exactly why it's not possible ever. The keys used to sign the saves are different for each individual cart, and on digital copies it changes each time you start a new game (might have to delete the save data or something). You can't even share saves between physical carts.

ifyfg was referring to Nintendo's official tool to move a save from a physical game to a digital game (one way). I don't know if it works on Pokémon, but I'd be a little surprised if it didn't. If it does work, the Powersaves would not be required to get access to the save file (although it's harder to restore a backup).

You have to own both a Cart & Digital copy for that to work, and you'll be permanently stuck playing on Digital afterwards. The retail cart will be able to start a new game.

and then restore the save to the cart using the powersaves thing. can we RE-transfer the retail save to digital, or is it just a one time thing? sorry, this isn't really the place to talk about this.

If you have a powersaves there is no point on doing that. Just back up your save file from the retail cart and use it with this program.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there an (Active) official thread or something with a list of everyones shiny values? Thanks to this awesome tool I've recently been able to find my own, but all the shiny values threads I've come across are all dead. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there an (Active) official thread or something with a list of everyones shiny values? Thanks to this awesome tool I've recently been able to find my own, but all the shiny values threads I've come across are all dead. Thanks to anyone who can help!

ProjectPokemon itself does not have its own list of users' Shiny Values.

/r/SVExchange (sort by date)

NuggetBridge/Smogon (5200 onwards has new post-Instacheck era SVs)

Twitter(JP) (has timestamps)

PokeCommunity(New)/PokeCommunity(Old)

There are others around the net. Reddit has 1000 new entries in the past 17 days, so if you're looking for a large recent database that'd be the one to check.

ProjectPokemon itself does not have its own list of users' Shiny Values.

/r/SVExchange (sort by date)

NuggetBridge/Smogon (5200 onwards has new post-Instacheck era SVs)

Twitter(JP) (has timestamps)

PokeCommunity(New)/PokeCommunity(Old)

There are others around the net. Reddit has 1000 new entries in the past 17 days, so if you're looking for a large recent database that'd be the one to check.

Thank you very much, this is very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a little problem.

I wanted to save a battle video with 5 Froakies to check their SV but the KeyBV says something about an error.

The file is smaller than the other ones and I don't no why.

I did it like in all the other Battle Videos too.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Video Filesize Incorrect.

Current Size: 19584

Required Length: 28256

Link to file and key. (1 and 2 are the very first videos for the key) https://www.mediafire.com/?ru2t4swi1bw8uy1,na6c96yfjk9c7bl,kmel3vyyvx1fx98,6bw4n8seev3p8cc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...