(X/Y) KeyBV - Battle Video Data Viewer

Kaphotics

KeyBV

KeyBV is a tool I wrote to decrypt portions of the X/Y extdata from the SD card.

With this tool you can view IVs/Nature/ESV/TSV of Hatched Pokémon that are in your party during a battle.

If you want to check eggs and their SV, hatch them first and battle without saving - the video will save to your SD anyways!

It is not required to back up the save file - only battle videos!

SUPPORTS BOTH RETAIL CARTRIDGES AND DIGITAL COPIES - ANYONE CAN DO IT!

kwMzX.jpg

You must use your own data from your SD card, not someone else's.

Non Windows users: KeyBV runs fine with Wine.

Thanks to OmegaDonut for dumps, testing, and original concept.

Basic Tutorial:

Battle Videos are stored in:

• \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0000055(d/e)\00000000

Initial Setup:

• Ensure you have space for battle videos to be stored (Max 100)
  • Options -> turn off Forced Save.
  • Single Battle with only 1 Pokemon in your party.
  • Save the battle video ingame.
  • Open up your SD card on your computer - the latest battle video should be the the most recent created -- take note of what battle video slot it is.
  • Copy the battle video from your SD card to your computer. Append the filename with "-1".
  • Delete the battle video from your SD card (leaving your computer copy intact).
  • Add another Pokemon to your party; make sure the 2nd party member is the same as Battle Video 1.
  • Single Battle with only 2 Pokemon in your party.
  • Save, Copy, append "-2"; delete from SD.

Tab 1: Cracking your Video Keystream

• Open Video 1 = (First Video ~ "-1")
  • Open Video 2 = (First Video ~ "-2")
  • Click [break].
  • --
  • Save KS with the suggested filename.

Tab 2: Data Export

• Ensure that the battle video slot you want to check is deleted and is the lowest open slot.
  • Single Battle with any <6 mons you wish to check and save the battle video -- battle video will be saved to the lowest open slot.
  • Copy to your computer, delete it from SD.
  • Open the Video file you wish to check.
  • Open the keystream.
  • Select the Data Mode you wish to Dump for: TSV outputs TSVs, Default&Reddit output ESVs, CSV outputs everything, Files outputs .pk6/.ek6 files.
  • Click Dump x. Results will be exported to the lower window.
  • Eggs: If any of the hatches end up having all 5 be not useful, you can just save and release since they're already hatched.

tl;dr for checking eggs:

you have to:

• turn off forced save
  • save game
  • hatch them
  • battle
  • save video
  • reset

they'll become unhatched again but you'll have a video of them hatched

If you save battle videos afterwards, delete em. The keystream you dump is exclusive to the battle video's file-number!

(チュートリアル日本)

If you have any problems with the program, please see /r/SVExchange's documentation.

Source code available on my GitHub.

Want auto-loading when you plug in your SD card? Try KeySAV2 - it has all the features of KeyBV and more!

KeyBV.zip

KeyBV.zip

Edited by Kaphotics

Excuse me, if you're on a digital copy of the game, how does one transfer the battle video without saving and turning off the game (The game and video are both stored on the SD card)? Does the video stay on the SD card if the game is just shut off?

EDIT: I can see this

"If you want to check eggs and their SV, hatch them first and battle without saving - the video will save to your SD anyways!

It is not required to back up the save file - only battle videos!"

I only want to be sure.

Excuse me, if you're on a digital copy of the game, how does one transfer the battle video without saving and turning off the game (The game and video are both stored on the SD card)? Does the video stay on the SD card if the game is just shut off?

You don't need to leave the game running, the video file stays there.

Just quit the game, shutdown the 3ds and remove the sd card then.

Also with a digital copy you could just mass dump all of your boxes, but I guess you want to try out how this works?

You don't need to leave the game running.

Just quit the game, shutdown the 3ds and remove the sd card then.

Also with a digital copy you could just mass dump all of your boxes, but I guess you want to try out how this works?

That's right, I thought this looked interesting and I thought to give it a try. Realistically, this application fills in the gap for the players too scared they might corrupt their saves (Namely the digital version), so while it is less efficient, it does have a place.

On a side note, is this the big reveal for Pokecheck? I was predicting that this would be server-side and hosted on the website (Which would still be fantastic).

On a side note, is this the big reveal for Pokecheck? I was predicting that this would be server-side and hosted on the website (Which would still be fantastic).

It is something entirely separate -- not the Pokecheck reveal.

How/where is it possible to use the Vs. Recorder without saving? As far as I know you have to save before you can even start the battle?

Sorry, if there's an obvious answer... got the game few weeks ago and haven't played that much yet.

Options -> turn off Forced Save. You won't be required to save before battling against a friend.

edit1

solved use PKHeX can see item

thank you

use winhex can not see item name maybe use wrong character set

then rename pk6 to pkx use pkx editor can only see item number

but I do not know which number is what item lol

Thanks, didn't know of that option!

One more question:

Can you also use battle videos made in the Battle Maison to break the keys?

Since you have to have at least 3 Pokemon in your party I think it is not possible there, right?

Right, not possible.

This works great!

I've one question:

Is the order that the dump is presented in the order of the Pokémon in your party, or the order in which you selected them in? (I know that it's smarter to just make sure those two are the same, but I didn't do that when I started)

Thanks in advance! :D

First fo all, thanks for sharing Kaphotics, as usual. You and your mates are amazing.

But one thing i dont understand... whats the utility of viewing the SV if you have to save after the pokémon you want to check is hatched? I dont know if i have understood this well.. Sorry if i am being too noob hehe