LEGIT Shiny Mew - Old Sea Map Event - I'll be SR for

Shut_Ur_Meowth

Are we sure the Old Sea Map is legit? I can't see the Mystery Event option in this video:

As you can see from here

there should be the "Mystery Event" icon in the menu in order to receive the WonderCard.

Indeed, you're right. It's hacked if that option isn't even there.

I don't get it - can't people disable the mystery gift option from appearing though?

Once the mystery gift option has been enabled, which is a requirement for the event, it cannot be disabled without the use of hacking either.

But how would the event just trigger without any cheating device?

Not possible. Sorry to say, but it has been hacked. It's not a legit Old Sea Map sadly.

Once the mystery gift option has been enabled, which is a requirement for the event, it cannot be disabled without the use of hacking either.

Not possible. Sorry to say, but it has been hacked. It's not a legit Old Sea Map sadly.

Hm, thats crazy I wonder how it still triggered the event. I guess there is no way to know. But would it still be legit if it passed up to X and Y?

The Mew itself, which resulted from the hacked event data, cannot be distinguished from a legit one if that's what you mean.

Would be pretty bad and unfair to still claim it's fully legit, though.

For anyone wondering:

Frame: 8115

PID: FC1CCA43

Time: 2:15.25

Nature: Rash

IVs: 13/0/30/19/8/25 (Bug 42)

ID: 53426

This was the first shiny he could obtain with Emerald's 0 starting seed. The next possible one is on frame 13230 @ 3:40.50, which is Calm.

Sounds plausible enough; when I got my shiny Torchic back in early 2008 in Emerald (didn't even know about Emerald's broken PRNG back then either), my earliest shiny frame was about that time too.

Hm, thats crazy I wonder how it still triggered the event. I guess there is no way to know. But would it still be legit if it passed up to X and Y?

There are plenty of cheats available to enable the events.

Hmm.. I don't remember I think I payed like 50 bucks for it though. I couldn't imagine paying anymore for it than that

I'm sorry but whoever sold it to you is a d***. Hate when people steal your money like that proving legit >.< People these days just to get money....

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to leave unexpectedly. You can imagine after all that resetting basically how heartbroken I was to come to the realization that the game was hacked :(

But I think what I have just did is best for everyone and the community (even though I had to lie a little - it's for the best)

- I privatized all the videos I made about the Old Sea Map event so no one can see them anymore.

- I claimed that I ended the giveaway a little early due to getting too many e-mails and not being able to keep up with them

- I said I picked the 6 winners (But I in fact did not give one single Mew away) this is so people can think they didn't win, and then just move on

- I said I may open the giveaway up again in the Spring, but I won't

I could have just came out and said the game I had was a hacked game but I didn't want people to think that I (MYSELF) was the hacker. Hopefully everyone understands

So it was hard to do, but I don't want any hacked pokemon floating around that I would be responsible for. So if anyone claims they have a Mew from RichieL1991, they're lying. If anyone has a Shiny Japanese Mew with the trainer name [insert two japanese characters]EM! Then they are lying.

Thanks everyone on this board for pointing that out - I did so much research to make sure that this was legit before I did all this, but I obviously missed the mystery gift part. So thanks to XJ55 for being the first I believe to correctly see that.

I hope what I did was the best way to go about it, at least I think so anyways. And don't worry I'm not pulling your guys legs, everything in this thread is the truth.

Thanks again project pokemon! :eek: