LEGIT Shiny Mew - Old Sea Map Event - I'll be SR for

Shut_Ur_Meowth

I thought this might interest some people on this site. To make a long story short I have a japanese pokemon emerald with a legit old sea map. I am now about to start the process of SR'ing to get a shiny Mew. I will then be doing a giveaway for the Mew (I don't really have any interest in shiny legends). However I do realize how extremely RARE this is, and I cannot pass on the opportunity to now try for a shiny. I have a video, that I can post if anyone is interested in seeing me legitimately use the old sea map! Just post comments if interested (:

Hmmm... I'm undecided at this point if I am going to clone in it or not. I know a lot of people feel like the pokemon loses legitimacy if it is cloned (not sure where I personally stand on this). I'd be kinda nervous trying to clone it as well (screwing up my game-save) But like I said, not 100% sure where I stand on this. However if I do clone it- it'd probably be like 5 clones or so that be given away!

Whoops sorry- I just put it in this section because I would be transferring it to X and Y and then giving it away.

No the old sea map is legit, I bought the game in 2009 from someone in Japan who went to the event themselves (in '05). I just recently found the game, beat the elite 4, and triggered the event myself (no cheating device). I show it all in my video :D

Whoops sorry- I just put it in this section because I would be transferring it to X and Y and then giving it away.

No the old sea map is legit, I bought the game in 2009 from someone in Japan who went to the event themselves (in '05). I just recently found the game, beat the elite 4, and triggered the event myself (no cheating device). I show it all in my video :D

If you're going to transfer it up to XY, why not just upload it to Pokécheck in the process (preferrably while it is in 4th gen format, so people can then have it in 4th/5th/6th)? You wouldn't have to clone it yourself, and whoever wanted it could just download it from there with no real limit on the timeframe, even if you do transfer it up to XY afterwards.

Wow! Thanks for that information - Im assuming at the very least the pokebank process will still work though right? Just not wifi trading for gen 4 and 5 games?

Correct. all 3DS/Wii U servers will still be working.

As for your previous question, Pokecheck is a stat checker for Pokemon. You upload any pokemon to the site and you can check the legality of a pokemon. You can also download various pokemon to your game.

Only thing they don't tolerate is hacked pokemon / discussion of making hacked pokemon or using pokemon editing software like PokeGen or PikaEdit.

Edited by codem8kr
fixed spelling

Correct. all 3DS/Wii U servers will still be working.

As for your previous question, Pokebank is a stat checker for Pokemon. You upload any pokemon to the site and you can check the legality of a pokemon. You can also download various pokemon to your game.

Only thing they don't tolerate is hacked pokemon / discussion of making hacked pokemon or using pokemon editing software like PokeGen or PikaEdit.

Gotcha - thanks!

And you said "pokebank" Im just guessing you mean "pokecheck" and wow that's really cool ! Someone is gonna double-take if they ever put that shiny blue mew in there lol

Normally, I'd shut this thread because it is kind of trading (and there's a thread for that) but I'll let it stand since it seem like it can be fun.

All I ask is that, if you're going to run the contest here, that the contest cannot involve anything illegal, cannot involve an exchange of money or other things of value (gift cards) and cannot involve someone having to travel somewhere.

For example, asking someone to e-mail you a humorous story would be fine and you choosing the best one. Asking someone to send you a story by traditional mail would not.

Normally, I'd shut this thread because it is kind of trading (and there's a thread for that) but I'll let it stand since it seem like it can be fun.

All I ask is that, if you're going to run the contest here, that the contest cannot involve anything illegal, cannot involve an exchange of money or other things of value (gift cards) and cannot involve someone having to travel somewhere.

For example, asking someone to e-mail you a humorous story would be fine and you choosing the best one. Asking someone to send you a story by traditional mail would not.

Hey thanks a lot! Yeah thats pretty much exactly what I am doing! The giveaway is online only - here are the ways to enter:

*HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY*

*Seems like their is a lot of privacy concerns about e-mailing (I feel the same way now that I think of it) so you can either:*

1. Leave a comment in this thread/pm me: 1. Why you would want this Mew and 2. Why I should pick you!

2. E-mail me at liberto1991@hotmail.com with the Subject Title being "I want the Shiny Blue Mew Because..." and then in the e-mail give a reason(s) why you would want this Mew and why I should pick you!

3. You can also leave comments with your reasons as well in the video if it's more convenient for you!

Have fun with Emerald's broken PRNG.

That you want to SR for a shiny Mew is nice and all, but you'll be sitting there for a veeeeeeeeery long time (read: an indefinite amount of time) if your ID/SID combination doesn't produce early shiny frames.

Not too sure why you still want to go through with this even though I've already told you about this yesterday. Or did you figure out your ID/SID and checked to see if you had early shiny frames?

(More info, if you're interested.)

Have fun with Emerald's broken PRNG.

That you want to SR for a shiny Mew is nice and all, but you'll be sitting there for a veeeeeeeeery long time (read: an indefinite amount of time) if your ID/SID combination doesn't produce early shiny frames.

Not too sure why you still want to go through with this even though I've already told you about this yesterday. Or did you figure out your ID/SID and checked to see if you had early shiny frames?

(More info, if you're interested.)

Hey thanks again! I think I'll look into that if I'm still doing it after like 2 weeks hahaha. Not so bad right now almost at 1,000 SRs

For anyone wondering:

Frame: 8115

PID: FC1CCA43

Time: 2:15.25

Nature: Rash

IVs: 13/0/30/19/8/25 (Bug 42)

ID: 53426

This was the first shiny he could obtain with Emerald's 0 starting seed. The next possible one is on frame 13230 @ 3:40.50, which is Calm.

Are we sure the Old Sea Map is legit? I can't see the Mystery Event option in this video:

As you can see from here

there should be the "Mystery Event" icon in the menu in order to receive the WonderCard.